Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 02-08-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good morning friends-

This mornings meetingntopic was family. That's a big one...I did not contribute. I found it interesting that it was the parents who spoke- not really a single person talking as the adult alcoholic being themselves.

Noon mtg too bc it is our lunch date day. I so live that we have done that every week since we decided to put it on our schedules a couple of months ago.

Dinner with my precious Dad! Haven't seen him since Thanksgiving. Too long. Will have to stay mum about romantic develop as I am sure Cliff hasn't talked to him yet (well, I assume...)

Two weeks today til one year!! We are doing a staycation at a great boutique hotel in midtown then of course home groupnon the 22d!

Rainy and yuck here- but it's a great day to have a great day!
Hugs
A
Old 02-08-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I think they should have a forum here for the first three months rather than one month at a time. I started out in January (day 29 today) and frequent that forum more than anywhere. A shame as there is so much to share across the various beginners' forums.

Anyway popping in to wish all you February people the best from a January person!
Old 02-08-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mentium.

This is last years February thread [2016]

Do you mean forum, or thread?

We used to have under 30 days, under 60, and under 90 threads. They died off - people overwhelmingly like the monthly approach.

There is still the Under One Year thread Mentium - you and everyone else here is very welcome there as well

D
Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi Amazingjoy, that's fantastic you're here. You need to post more here.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Mentium.

This is last years February thread [2016]

Do you mean forum, or thread?

We used to have under 30 days, under 60, and under 90 threads. They died off - people overwhelmingly like the monthly approach.

There is still the Under One Year thread Mentium - you and everyone else here is very welcome there as well

D
LOL, we're "last year's Feb thread." We're old news, everybody . . . yesterdays papers. . sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1gIsrL9T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zoJg8U1Atk
Old 02-09-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
People have somewhat different feelings about that around these parts

So all this engagement stuff etc is really happening- Cliff spent an hour on the phone yesterday with the private jeweler we will use.....my parents and Godparents had, this is a guy who only works on referral....the boy is serious. I knew that once the flood gates opened and he had his first and second to dos it would be GAME ON, but still....pinch me! And I better quit biting my nails and get a manicure so I am prepared....I am girly but that is not a typical thing I do- one of my bad beauty habits, ha!

long day at work ahead, a little worried about money for Mar 1 - but as usual, bringing it back down to next bills and this week, etc. It does feel good to know that I am working towards a financial partnership and safety as we progress in our plans.

350 days! That sounds pretty cool.

Hope you are all well and rested for a good day ahead.

Hugs
A
wow, this is really moving forward. hey, who has more sober time, you or Cliff? Is Cliff on SR in another class? If not, has he ever dropped by SR?
Old 02-09-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not old news, just a heritage model

D
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

@OOTT....Yes, it is moving forward- it was hard not to make mention of any of the future "knowns" when I had dinner with my dad last night (as in, we aren't sure whether a high rise or a condo is better...)! I have more time- he is at almost 8 mo. He was a month sober when we had that first lunch last summer. Part of our "early-ness" in sobriety is why our relationship has been subject to much sponsor-consultation, prayer etc from the get go. And he has an SR moniker but doesn't come on often and i don't think he's ever posted. He "knows y'all" and about it from me and hears a good bit of the content and context of conversations.

As far as being yesterday's news....it was a little eye opening last night at dinner, when my Dad said "you look ahead at the people who have what you want and what those long timers you always mention do....people have been starting to look at you..."

Off to the early meeting- getting my hairs did today then work!

Happy Thu all-
A
Old 02-09-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good to see you Joy. Hope all is well.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Where is Mel? 360?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I have been up and down since last February but now I'm doing very well. I'm posting in the Feb class this year too because I'm in a bit of a challenging month and looking for the extra support/accountability.

It has been truly inspiring to see all of you still here and making it and those who are still here trying each day!

I haven't seen 360 post since summer time...I hope she's OK!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Where is Mel? 360?
and Jeni and Penny?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Jeni was here not too long ago. Thanks for all the congrats guys! I was watching a show recently and they mentioned alcohol and fun in the same sentence and all I thought was "thats stupid of them". Hey speaking of 360! Total change in perspective. And there was a Busch Beer commercial next to a stream and I thought "how appropriate because its just flavorless watery alcohol". Loved the Pats game! Huge fan here. I had almost fallen asleep. Hmmm another 360 analogy - New Febs are finding our group. Aug I'm super happy for you. It's so exciting! OT you sound better. Getting more rest and sleep is very important when you are as busy as you are. Hello to OOTT, Badger, PL, Phoenix. Still losing more weight too. Flat stomach. Now trying to eat a bit less sugar in my diet. Goals are becoming obtainable. I used to do really well but then all the alcohol calories would add up and then I'd need to eat more to make it through the hangovers. No more of that cycle of garbage living. On that note, I'm off to get my beauty sleep! Night Febs! Love you all. Lee, you are due to check in.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Night, PHRD. I love your phrase, "garbage living." that's what it was, alright.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

OOTT- love that expression too. I often quip, in response to someone saying something complimentary about how I look, how happy I seem or such that it's all that clean livin'.....and that is so, so SO true.

Up too early. Imagine I will nap around work and before our two day spend the night kicks off. Next 5K tomorrow morning!

Happy early morning Fri to all-
A
Old 02-10-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Penny posted on 2/5. I don't know when Jenni last visited.

Stay with us here too Joy. We need members to support and get support from. Sorry this month is rough. What is going on?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm here. I do read, but don't always get a lot of time to post., I'm pretty useless!

Things are going well. I hit my Year on 1st Feb, and it was such an important milestone for me. I had a couple of tough days early in the week, but there's no way I'm going to start using alcohol as a crutch any more.

I'm just about to start a week off work, and I'm looking forward to it so much. I need to look at getting physically fit now and get some exercise in. It's my plan to start looking at that this week...I'm just so lazy though!

Good to read of you doing well...love to you all ❤️
Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again on your year Jeni

D
Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I feel so lazy as I get older too. Often it's just fatigue from so many responsibilities that when it is something optional I just get lazy. Congrats Jeni! This week has been so strange here too. Snow days, grumpy people, etc Glad for the weekend!
Old 02-10-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Jeni, congrats on 1 year.... you're so modest. On Feb. 3 I practically insisted on a ticker tape parade and wanted all the Beatles copyrights given to me! Anyway, big congrats are in order, Jeni. Can you believe it? It's been the best year ever.