Notices

Class of March 2016 part 37

Old 12-03-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello marchers it's a song that I'm a singin' - c'mon get happy.
Quiet day. Sunday is always my sad day. Family stuff- miss it terribly. So I set myself a plan. Today is Art Gallery day. If I do not make myself always do something productive towards recovery- I remind myself complacency leads to relapse. Did not make it to the A/G- raining lots in the morning. Then fell asleep for a while (3 hours last night) then sore (from gym) and sticky weather- warm today. Still did lots here, plus a little bit of study- on track, doing very well compare to some. Have now replaced f/cream milk with skim in coffee (almost tastes like REAL milk). When I get peckish - I have been eating raw vegies (finger food, cut) and Greek yoghurt. I suppose it will take time to truly accept the family I had no longer exists for me, but that does not stop me trying and changing a little. No thoughts at all of drinking. Got my healthy lifestyle course tomorrow- so homework, then a counselling session with the Great andPowerful Aus. That will keep me busy. Of course the usual routine stuff- vacuuming, shower, dishes etc. Going reef snorkelling Tuesday.
Sleep well you silly being-on-the-wrong side of the world people. PJ
For a bit of distraction- a doco in the political and social impact of the bubonic plague in European history, Rats.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

PJ - I don't know if I have ever told you how absolutely amazing you are. I am so glad that you are here and a part of this class. Complacency leads to relapse....how very true those words are. Thank you for just being you ❤️❤️
Old 12-04-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning all!! Early one here....just had Charlie outside and the world is so still and quiet. I love this time of day - everything is still a possibility and nothing has been decided yet.

Well off to find some startin' fluid - happy sober Sunday all!! Let's make it a great one!!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sam- a new day gives new beginnings.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

And new beginnings mean promise and hope
Old 12-04-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Which keeps us going- the promise of hope on a new day. Say that to god (when he listens) every day.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Love it Sam!!

I had to re-read old posts of mine last night to remind myself how I felt after slips. Specifically after my longer lengths of time. Coming back here after choosing to drink after 111 days....56 days...10 days...etc. No fun. Those days count for something, sure. But the 1, 2 day binges after. Which then led into weeks of on and off, on and off. No fun.

Day 7. Full of possibility.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I feel like my internet connection is broken and I'm missing posts. Hello!

I spent the morning at urgent care with my 1 year old and she has a nasty ear infection and upper respiratory infection. Oh, the things that make you want to just have a drink - and the things that are really some of the most important to be sober for. Sick, non-sleeping, little ones. And husbands.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ak- ear infections and little people are awful to see. Prayers for your daughter and yes drinking is dumb. For us and our loved ones. Be sure to do the HALTS(ad) bit. ENT infections can be very infectious. PJ
Old 12-04-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Checking in. My ear infection hurts. Makes me sad for your little on, Applekat. Prayers for her quick recovery and your sanity.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Has anyone seen "The Lost Weekend"? It's on Turner Classic Movies....don't know why but it's one of those movies I watch whenever it comes on....

Hoping everyone's Sunday is going well......I'll check back in a little later
Old 12-04-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Haven't seen that!

Today was a day I wanted to curl up under blankets and watch Hallmark Christmas movies or something else easy.

I didn't want to "do life" today. But here I am at 6 PM. Not my finest day as a parent but everyone is alive.

I also just read an article about seasonal affective disorder and know I need to keep an eye on that. My dad gets it pretty bad! Funny though - I am already taking vitamin D...

I hope everyone is doing well. Need to do a roll call tomorrow. Love you all!
Old 12-04-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Also I am a third of the way through The Shack!
Old 12-04-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Me again! Having a quiet sober Sunday evening. Sore from working out, but it's a good sore. Just have to keep going back I guess. Yay.

I just recently joined SMART so I am checking that out as well.

Thanks everyone for another sober weekend!
Old 12-04-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm here too. Watching 10 Cloverfield Lane with DH....dumb!!! I hope everyone under the weather feels better soon!! Night!!
Old 12-04-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good night, Marchers.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Been trying to figure stuff out. Again, paralysis by analysis. But, I know I need to go back to the beginning as it were so I can figure out where I went wrong. That's a little dramatic but what I mean is that if I don't sort through some of my past then I won't truly move forward.

I've long wanted to write my addicted story but been fearful. I finally started tonight. I blame nobody but myself but I also have to look at any influences along the way. That said, here are the first two paragraphs that I'll undoubtedly change as I work through it all:

I started with a few sips from my father’s beer. I once chugged the beer he gave me. I don’t remember if that was half full or what, but I do remember doing it and my father’s surprised response at the empty can I handed back to him. Six or seven or eight years old at the time. I remember getting beers for the adults but only consuming it when allowed. To be clear, it was unusual for it to be allowed. I gulped on the rare occasions it was offered. I don't know why I gulped, but I did. For as much as I'd like to party later in life, I think I was just a kid with an adult beverage. I didn't know about seeking a buzz.

In sixth grade my friend and I started to hit up his father’s liquor cabinet. It was sporadic at most, just two kids getting away with something. We never got drunk. We never got so much as a buzz. We drank like gentleman, like the way I’ve grimly hoped I could once again.

I didn't become addicted, I don't think, until fifteen years later, but this is where I started.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

13th- so much story in so few words. Just keep writing- don't look back over it- just keep writing, proof read it after you've finished (famous last words)..
All of you- pay attention to me:
Get better with infections . There is a thread of illness in the threads- prayers to you all.
Done me healthy lifestyles bit. I done me some learnin'. My pov is even if I know everything (which I do not) hearing stuff, other's experiences and stories- rethinking is a way to growing and learning. My recovery is not just about alcohol it is food, exercise, self esteem, trying new stuff, reconnecting, the way I think about and approach people which reflects the way I see myself. That effing sadness about family washes over me a bit at the moment- BUT I will keep groping my way through the darkness. Then counselling- as usual the GPAus challenged my every thought. I think this (and what have you learnt from this)..I have learnt that (so learning that- what is the motivation).. my motivation is x (then understanding x- what do you take away from all this?).
At which point I said to her I know the reasons why- but if I said I was 99% happy, she would immediately challenge me on how I could work on the other 1%. She agreed. Also sitting through feelings (like sadness) instead of racing off and doing something, anything to prove to myself I am not being complacent. Serenity- NOW! (wuth apols to Kramer).
Thought for the day: What is it with beards? .
Old 12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

DER! Through my wanderings have just, from another thread picked up on how to put me art in a file viz my profile- not just here. So all good. Bare in mind they are sideways. On of them has eyes.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thirteenth - thanks for sharing! And keep writing....it's a powerful and therapeutic tool! ❤️❤️

Morning class! It snowed last night!! It's beautiful out!! Man I love the outdoors...sunrises, sunsets, snow, rain....okay maybe not rain as much as the rest but you have to have a reason to stay indoors, snuggle under the covers and watch Netflix sometimes....right?!?

Today would have been my Dads birthday (technically I guess it still is) so I need to be very watchful....definately one of the biggest trigger days of the year for me.

Well off I go to work....with a 3pm sick call already...it promises to be a long and annoying day.