SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 37 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/401233-class-march-2016-part-37-a.html)

Dee74 12-01-2016 04:18 PM

Class of March 2016 part 37

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-36-a-20.html

D

Dee74 12-01-2016 04:22 PM

I'm wishing well to everyone struggling. If you're at a loss to know what to do, try something different - go harder, faster, further than you have before with your recovery.

I know how hard it is to stop when drinking still seems more or less viable, or you're more or less convinced you don't care what happens......but I'd hate any of your guys to end up where I did - and you can, in the blink of an eye....

Focus on the reasons you want to quit - and feed that part of you... not the part that's looking for the same old, easy, 'band aid' fix.

D

Ladybug2 12-01-2016 04:25 PM

Thanks, Dee. Very good advice, as usual :)

Bobbieka 12-01-2016 04:29 PM

Thanks, Dee.

Purplrks3647 12-01-2016 04:59 PM

Thanks a ba-zillion, Dee! :angel2:

And thanks again to all of you. I wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys, and I'm not about to give up now. :grouphug:

Purplrks3647 12-01-2016 05:04 PM

Just got back from my drum lesson.....I haven't decided yet whether to do the recital - I like how my teacher is encouraging but not pushy. He said "Think about it for one more week before you say no" Lol :)

Applekat 12-01-2016 05:32 PM

Purps - that sounds like good advice to give it a week. Good to see you back here! Lol to being triggered by ALL people! But I know what you mean. I'm thinking early days/when we are doing the on/off game - we are more on edge and bothered. I know when I gather a bunch of days under my belt I get more patient. This WILL be a tough time of year. That's why we - I - need to plan. I need to plan alternatives. Like skipping the xmas eve party, right! Lots to think about and get on top of.

I had a lot of posting and reading energy for about an hour this morning. Shocker. That only quiet hour of the day - now laundry and dishes has piled up, etc. Gotta find a balance. Because this low-energy with a million things to do just gets me.

PhoenixJ 12-01-2016 07:19 PM

:e088:Eyes dun mah art. Teacher lady thinks I have improved enuf- she actually gave me an assignment. Interesting as 3 months ago I had not picked up a paint brush even. Gym teacher kind of said the same thing, but. So even I HAVE to be just a little bit happy, also.

Bobbieka 12-01-2016 08:41 PM

Are you going to share your art, Phoenix?

Autumnlover19 12-01-2016 09:01 PM

Sam, I am jealous that you have a place with daily teas on your way home from work. I do not. I love peppermint mocha things. All year long. No pumpkin spice for me. Though I do wear yoga pants :)

Homework Assignment
People: Friends who don't mind if I drink. Friends who I am "safe" to drink around and they won't make me feel bad or tell on me. I've been not hanging around them, literally at all. And I do miss them. But I cannot trust myself. Maybe I should tell them I quit. I think they would be cool. They have before. But they would still drink around me, and I don't want to be around it right now.

Places: my cozy neighborhood bars and restaurants. Esp around this season. All decked out and festive. Holiday drinks and memories. I worked at a bar downtown for 5 years several years ago and have fond memories (and many not-so-fond memories that my AV likes to ignore). I too loved to have a glass a wine with my dinner (followed by two bottles). What I have been doing is not going to these places. At all. I hang out with my family a lot. My new sister -in-law rarely drinks. And of course I have a baby and a day-job now so I'm not the care-free bar-hopping girl I once was anyway. At least I shouldn't be.

Thirteenth 12-01-2016 09:01 PM

I'd certainly be interested to see PJ's art.

Anyone hear from Casey or Keets or several others?

I remain at the want to do, need to do but don't do stage. It's been over ten years here and yet (I checked, I'm closing on ten and a half years without lasting action). I keep hearing myself saying that I haven't had the issues that include loss of job, home, family, etc. Yet I can't seem to counterbalance with the fact that I have isolated, am in poor shape (physically from lack of exercise), diet is poor, etc. But, ad nauseam, I'm not quitting trying to quit.

My always eternal gratitude for all those here.

PhoenixJ 12-01-2016 09:04 PM

B- Okay, will take a few days.
Jemma- is there a difference between track pants ( 'trackie-daks') and yoga pants?

Autumnlover19 12-01-2016 09:06 PM

Oops

Things: Small things. The corkscrew in my drawer. The wine glasses. The funny drunken things we did that my friends and I still laugh about. Do I throw these away? Big things. The future. I will really never drink again? My son. How will I teach him about alcohol?

Kayak63sc 12-01-2016 10:28 PM

Thank God for yoga pants :-) good morning everyone I hope everyone is not struggling

Bobbieka 12-01-2016 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc (Post 6228538)
Thank God for yoga pants :-) good morning everyone I hope everyone is not struggling

Omg. Lol

Bobbieka 12-01-2016 11:16 PM

Phx- I looked up tracky dacks. Yoga pants are not the same. Look them up.

Glad you're happy today.

Kayak63sc 12-01-2016 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6228548)

Omg. Lol

The only reason is because yoga is good for you. Also there is a lot of people I don't want to see doing yoga without any pants

Purplrks3647 12-02-2016 03:07 AM

You guys crack me up! :lmao:

Just wanted to check in before getting ready for work. Feeling okay, but still kinda irritable.....then I hear my dad's voice: "Whose fault is that?"

I'll poke my head back in a little later to say hello.....will be thinking of you all - we can get though today too! Thanks again for being here! :)

Kayak63sc 12-02-2016 03:07 AM

Good morning beautiful Friday I'm ready for a fun-filled sober weekend

Applekat 12-02-2016 03:19 AM

Good morning!

Oh, Jemma. Yes. Corkscrew and wine glasses. What to do with those! The pop of the cork. I think I'll just start associating a big gag sound with that pop, gurgle, pour, clink. Barf.

Day 5. Friday. Bum bum bum.