Notices

Class of March 2016 part 37

Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Ta Dee. Sam- thanks for trusting this community (which your are a part of ) enough to share. Keep posting- it helps me.
B- not quite a 1/2 way house. Part of passing near the home the other day- not welcome there- my home for 15 years. Then out of hospital- nothing. All $ tied up in the home. No blankets, not a fork, no shampoo, nothing. So a lot of emotions- no anger, just great and deep sorrow for what once was. Where I am now is communal living (at this point). It is no booze, no drugs- act like big people. Counselling is mandatory (as if I needed prompting)- with subsidised rent so peoples like me- or those with no safe place to go- have somewhere. Apart from that people come and go as they please- out boozing, gambling, drugging if they so choose (to which of course there are consequences, go figure). After stuff becomes available- and one proves not just here to get cheap rent and abuse the system and actually GROW in recovery, one gets an everything independent unit. A big leap from building my own home, choosing the land and spending years working on the damned thing- concreting, wiring, garden etc. As you say B, oh well. Que sera.. It is a matter of(as Albert once told a young Bruce) 'What do we do when we fall down? We pick ourselves up and keep on going". Sucks, but better than being dead or homeless. Been there, done that.
Thoughts, prayers and support to my class. MINE, my/our class. This class is a gift. Not virtual friends, real ones. 1026 here, SMART later- then study and orn step work type stuff with the G/P Aus. I do about 5 hours recovery stuff every day. Crash course while I have been gifted with the chance to be that man I could have been (!...?). I know I am on the right course doing 'me' stuff- because I fight it, I grow painfully slowly and it regurgitates so many hellish memories.
PJ
Old 12-07-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, Phoenix. You're right. We are a community. Not virtual, but REAL. Sometimes I want to say, "look at Phoenix! He can do it, you have no excuses." But our battles are ours. You have shown us so much strength. Thanks for walking the walk.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

thanks B. Don't forget the talk. Have to talk about the walking- 'specially if I start to limp a bit.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bedtime. Sober tonight, but very irritable. Today I felt (to steal Applekat's description) like a sad, angry blob. No motivation and just very down. All thanks to alcohol. Why can't I remember this when my AV starts hassling me?! Hoping for a better day tomorrow. It definitely will start out better without a hangover.

PJ, thanks for sharing. I really admire your strength. Hugs.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight sober. Drinking some Sleepytime Tea and getting ready for bed.

I spent the afternoon with my oldest daughter. We watched two and a half episodes of Gilmore Girls and just chatted...it was nice. Tomorrow we are going to IKEA together...hoping to find a couch for my middle daughter for Christmas.....when did I stop buying Barbie's and start buying furniture?!?

PJ, I agree with LB...your strength is amazing <3

Thank you for all of the love and support - I am proud to be a member of this community
Old 12-07-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

BBG - how are you doing tonight?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good to see you, friends. PJ thanks for the share.

I'm reading my book and watching Pearl Harbor on TV. May add some ice cream soon.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - how are you doing tonight?
Not well Sam. But I'm hanging in there!!!
Old 12-07-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Not well Sam. But I'm hanging in there!!!
Tomorrow will be better....day two
Old 12-07-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey guys ~ brief check in, as I'm about to collapse

Attended my first online SMART meeting tonight (the one last night was full so I couldn't get in; evidently they fill up quite quickly) ~ I got lots of info I can share if anyone is interested. Started a new toolbox folder

Thanks AK for the homework assignment!

And thanks again everyone for being here! Stay close by, as I need to as well!

OK I need to go to sleep....HUGS to everyone and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow
Old 12-08-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good morning, March People! It is freaking cold here! Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Just a quick checkin on my way out the door. No IKEA today - the weather is iffy and it's a two hour drive....so heading to the mall instead. Be back later!!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Day 11. Good morning all. Chilly here too with another lake effect snow warning coming down.

Lots on the docket for the weekend and plan to stay sober for it. Santa visit, Santa/fire truck parade (brrr!), cookie baking...not to mention all the stuff we are supposed to be doing like wrapping presents and addressing xmas cards. ''Tis the season! Love you all!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, Day 2. My youngest has pink eye so I'm off to the pharmacy to pick up eye drops. We are supposed to go for our Santa visit today after school. AK, we have a busy weekend ahead, too, that also includes a Santa firetruck parade lol. Then on Sunday we are having our youngest's 2nd bd party. Plus, Xmas shopping, Xmas cards, etc. I am planning on staying sober as well. I want to feel good and need to be productive.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Much love!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good luck with little bug, LB. And what?! I can't believe there are two Santa/fire truck parades. Haha! Are we sure we don't live in the same town?!

I am still feeling like garbage and trying to decide at what point I go to the doctor myself. Mom is always last.

I picked up something from the grocery store for my kids that they haven't had in a couple of months and my son was so excited. I said - "sometimes when you don't have something for awhile it makes it that much more special and yummy when you do!" And then I froze. And reminded myself that wine isn't special. It isn't yummy. Etc etc. Sigh.

I won't drink tonight.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Well back from shopping. Still a ways to go but at least a start. Treated myself to Subway and a tall and frosty glass of milk for lunch. Its blustery outside so I may just hunker down for the afternoon and read a book

LB - hope the drops help!

AK - feel better! And I won't drink today either!!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better, AK! I think I let myself get so bad one year with a cold that I finally had to go to an urgent care on a Sunday. Not fun! Take care of yourself, Momma!

So, just in case anyone was wondering... it is no fun trying to put eye drops in a 2 year old's eyes. My husband had to hold her down while I tried to pry her eyes open and get the drops in them. And I'm supposed to do this 3 times a day for 7 days??
Old 12-08-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

FUN ASSIGNMENT!

What is an opinion you hold that would be considered largely unpopular (not political)? Example: Not liking chocolate or puppies. Loving Lima beans.

I have two to share:
I can't stand Halloween.
I don't like the taste of goldfish or cheese crackers - which BOGGLES my kids' and husband's brains. LOL.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I bet there are some of you out there that dip their fries in mayonnaise! Or have never seen Star Wars! Lol.

LB I don't know how you will do it. I'm certain I would have had to pin my 5 year old down if he had had pink eye...
Old 12-08-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Okay here's a few for me.....

I don't like pizza
I don't like French fries
I'm not fussy on chocolate
I love Brussel Sprouts

And let me just say - who or there doesn't like puppies!! Geez!