Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-16-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

s14- 10Q Working onMP4. Something of beauty on fabric to hand sew on a tee shirt. Time to look past flames, hell, pain and growth. In spirit anyway...
Old 11-16-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Good luck Samantha!! You're qualified and you will do a great job I'm sure. Just be careful because if you're like me getting a promotion is just as big a trigger as not getting one. I used alcohol to regulate my mood in both cases. But I know you can handle it. We're all proud of you.

Kiki, Lillian's homework assignment sounds like it could be very helpful. You do let a lot of what you can't control get under your skin. That happens to me as well, but resorting to drink is like taking it out on yourself, the tank rolls over you. Stay calm, stay strong.

Have a great sober day everyone. Day five on my end and feeling good.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll do well Sam. I'm sorry about your workmates but you had nothing to do with that.

D
Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Tips?

Start tracking the triggers that make you angry. Learn as much as you can about why. It likely is one or more of the following feelings:

1.Disregarded
2.Unimportant
3.Accused – Includes feeling guilty, untrustworthy, or distrusted.
4.Devalued
5.Disrespected
6.Rejected
7.Powerless
8.Unlovable

For example, on the politics incident (I'm with you on that BTW), it likely wasn't that they kept talking.....perhaps you felt disregarded? Or disrespected?

Each one on the list goes deeper in hurts. Unlovable is the deepest hurt there is.

Disregarded and disrespected are two of my most common hot buttons. It happens to women in my business especially. I see RED when it happens. Anger....it protects us from feeling hurt.

It's me giving homework this time. For a week, journal incidents that make you feel anger. And assign one of the above CORE HURTS to your feelings.

Then watch if there is a pattern.

Another tip on letting go. Listen to Eckert Tolle. He talks about living in the present. It's the only time entirely under your control. When I listen to him....I feel a lot better.

If you accept this homework, I wish you enlightenment Grasshopper.

Lillian
I ACCEPT the homework and will start NOW! I just made a list of 15 things (or people) that are pissing me off in my journal. I will go back & use your list to identify WHY! At any given moment I can feel ALL those things at the same time. :-(

I'm also gonna check outvEckert Tolle! Thank you!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good luck Samantha!! You're qualified and you will do a great job I'm sure. Just be careful because if you're like me getting a promotion is just as big a trigger as not getting one. I used alcohol to regulate my mood in both cases. But I know you can handle it. We're all proud of you.

Kiki, Lillian's homework assignment sounds like it could be very helpful. You do let a lot of what you can't control get under your skin. That happens to me as well, but resorting to drink is like taking it out on yourself, the tank rolls over you. Stay calm, stay strong.

Have a great sober day everyone. Day five on my end and feeling good.
ABSOLUTELY!!! I CONSTANTLY worry about things I can't control. I literally drive myself CRAZY and I DO let the tank roll over ME! I probably drive everyone around me crazy too.

Not drinking today!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
s14- 10Q Working onMP4. Something of beauty on fabric to hand sew on a tee shirt. Time to look past flames, hell, pain and growth. In spirit anyway...

Keep fighting P!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all, I am back on Day 2. I am not taking these slips lightly. Everytime I drink, after a week or so of sobriety, I am reminded just how much my disease has progressed. It cannot be an option anymore. I'm so tired of this ... tired of feeling happy and alive after some sober time, only to be smacked back down into that hole of depression, regret, shame and self loathing. I am so grateful for this place and for all of you. We can never give up.
I know how you feel LB. I'm tired of it too. We can do this! Love you!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Day 4. Still have racing thought and am extremely tired. Still trudging forward and hoping for a better future. I've been journaling a lot. I can't wait to do Lillian's homework.

Another addiction I have identified: FACEBOOK! No matter how many times I promise myself I'm not gonna log in, I do it anyway! Ugh.

Anyway....I'm just gonna start staying logged in here on SR all day because I'm tired of logging in and out since we don't have the App anymore. I still usually check in with my phone.

Have a great day!
Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-16-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

My memories are shadows of what once was. What can be done, has been done. I accept this. My life now is sober and new. I am growing- making my new memories now. It is time.
I am.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
My memories are shadows of what once was. What can be done, has been done. I accept this. My life now is sober and new. I am growing- making my new memories now. It is time.
I am.
I love this P! ^^^
Old 11-16-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 3. Will be running errands and packing today. We are leaving on Friday for a 10 day vacation to Florida. 4 days in Disney World and then Thanksgivingat my dad/stepmom's (they only live 2 hours from DW). Really looking forward to getting away and having a sober vacation.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Congrats on the promotion Sam! You're a good person; give yourself a break on this one ok?

LB I am happy for your upcoming time away. Make some awesome, sober memories with your sweet girls.

Hi everyone! Phoenix I love this part especially - "I am growing." That we are!
Old 11-16-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Congrats on the promotion Sam! You're a good person; give yourself a break on this one ok?

LB I am happy for your upcoming time away. Make some awesome, sober memories with your sweet girls.

Hi everyone! Phoenix I love this part especially - "I am growing." That we are!
Ditto!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 11. I wore my typing fingers out catching up the November class (the Australians in there talk almost as much as Bobbieka) and am starving so keeping it short here. I'm not gonna drink today. No matter what. How about you?
Old 11-16-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 11. I wore my typing fingers out catching up the November class (the Australians in there talk almost as much as Bobbieka) and am starving so keeping it short here. I'm not gonna drink today. No matter what. How about you?
11 is a cool number. There are a lot of Australians in your class. It's fun reading their posts although I sometimes have to look up certain phrases.

No drinking here.

I'm ignoring the friendly dig - see?
Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 3. Will be running errands and packing today. We are leaving on Friday for a 10 day vacation to Florida. 4 days in Disney World and then Thanksgivingat my dad/stepmom's (they only live 2 hours from DW). Really looking forward to getting away and having a sober vacation.

Sounds awesome!!! We took our kids to Disney a few years ago for 4 days and went to all 4 parks and then spent a week at the beach. Have fun!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
No drinking here either. I will admit I already had a craving and 5 second consideration today though. Damn AV!
Old 11-16-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Can I come too?
Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

***OPINION NEEDED***

Hi my awesome friends!

I am thinking about getting a part-time seasonal job at a store in our mall. The reasons are: we need extra money and when I have a commitment I can't and don't drink.

On the other hand...I don't wanna stress myself out too much. Is it too soon? Should I be spending all my extra time in AA? Being home alone most of the day while the kids are in school is dangerous for me.

Thoughts???