Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Listening to a good AA speaker (u-tube). Mark L. Funny with a serious message.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning PJ and thank you
Old 11-14-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to remember this when next you get the craving Sam...sometimes it really comes down to how many times you've burned your hand on the hot stove.

D
Old 11-14-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning everyone. I'm happy to have made it through the long weekend. Lots of daily struggles - more than I care to have to be sure.

My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling too. I don't have any great words of wisdom - (Dee does though - thank you Dee). All I know is that while my addiction is strong it gets a little weaker with each passing day. However, what it might be losing in strength it seems to make up for in trickiness. I rely on what I think I've learned, but I know on any given day I will probably have to do something new and different. The success I've had in the past is good and it's helpful, but it's no guarantee for today.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Well I'm up, showered and have drank about a million gallons of water - starting to shake off the awfulness. Going to have a quiet day here - maybe read, maybe watch some of The Crown.....nothing too crazy. I am back to work tomorrow and I'm loooking forward to it. Thanks for all the love and support - you guys really are the best ❤️❤️
Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of those of you having a hard time, im sorry for what happened and how you're feeling but I'm so glad you guys made it back. The worst thing I ever did was disappear after drinking.

Im in the middle of moving across the country so I'm exhausted but I'm still reading multiple times a day on my phone. So happy to see some people I've been wondering about
Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi immri!! Good to hear from you!!
Old 11-14-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning People!

I'm sorry to hear some of you are struggling. You are in my prayers.

Hey, Immri!

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!
Old 11-14-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
You aren't alone on that score, Kiki. Perhaps we need to learn more, or haven't learned enough. We know better but don't take enough action. My hope is that you, me, and anyone here and in the larger SR community that's struggling gets there. But, we can only handle ourselves and good gravy, I'm trying, failing repeatedly, but still working to the day when relapse is no longer part of my vocabulary.
Thx Thirteen! We WILL get there. More action. Less talk. That's my goal...
Old 11-14-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of those of you having a hard time, im sorry for what happened and how you're feeling but I'm so glad you guys made it back. The worst thing I ever did was disappear after drinking.

Im in the middle of moving across the country so I'm exhausted but I'm still reading multiple times a day on my phone. So happy to see some people I've been wondering about
Hi immri! Great to see you!
Old 11-14-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Okay....me again....doing some good old fashioned soul searching at 3am......sorry in advance....

I don't think I take my recovery seriously....I want to but I haven't been "forced" to. In fact things in my life are going really well......I am excelling in my relationships, my job....so what if I drink?? And it's that thinking that lands me right back here.....anxious, panicky.....

I know the right things to say and the right things to do but why can't I put them into action like the good examples set here? What do I need to happen to really have this sink in? I want to give myself a good shake and make this stop. I want more than drinking myself to sleep. I want a life that is enjoyable to be a part of. I want to stop faking it. I want to be happy.

Well that's it for the soul searching I guess....nothing really gained from it....just more questions without answers.....meh
Me too Sam! I want all those things too. Never give up. I won't either! Love you.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
My turning point was pretty extreme - it was stop drinking or die. I don't want anyone here to follow me in that regard, Kiki.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-one.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

From this side of the fence I see I could have made that same acceptance decision - accepting I could never drink again - without the crash and burn, twisted wreckage accompaniment.

D
Thanks Dee! I can't wait to read these later today when I have more time! Xo
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 2. Extremely tired. My body is worn out. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'm ready to take my life back. It will probably be several more days before I start feeling normal again.

My goals for this week: (in no particular order)
1. AA
2. Be gentle with myself
3. Avoid conflict, drama and toxic people
4. Breathe
5. HALT
6.Pray
7. Don't drink no matter what!
8. Try to get a little exercise every day
9. Start going to bed earlier
10. Stay off Facebook
11, Avoid my mother
12. Journal
13. Check in here daily
14. Stop hating myself
15. Have hope

Love you all!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 9. That's one more than 8.

Work went late last night and then I stayed up even later playing video games so having a little trouble getting motivated this morning. Think I'm going to head to a noon AA meeting though. Work again this mid-afternoon/evening.

Glad you didn't drink after the gym yesterday, Purplrks. You know who'd I dread running into the most at the bar today? Myself!

Wonderful advice to KiKi yesterday, PhoenixJ. Stuff we can all use. Hope your day went well. Oh, and I liked your quote from the great philosopher Grover.

Good morning, Applekat! Hope you got many extra hours of sleep last night. Or tonight. Or any night in the upcoming fugure.

Wishing you the best today, KiKi. Lot of good advice here for you, especially from Dee.

Lillian, after my couple of "minor" slips in October, I had one of those days of drinking you seem to be describing ten days ago. Definitely a wake-up call that alcohol is still poison. Glad you're back with us.

I don't even know what to say about putting your Christmas tree up on November 13, Bobbieka. You keep being you.

Hope today is a good and sober one for you, Thirteenth.

Sorry you decided to drink, Samantha. Figure out what you could have done differently before you took that first drink and start moving forward again. We've got your back if you'll let us.

Glad you made it thru the weekend sober, ManInTheArena. Good news is that as tricky as our addictions can be, they have no real power unless we feed them that first glass of rocket fuel. It's all hot air until then.

Is the Beast making the move too, immri? Wishing you safe travels.

Man, that took too long and I haven't gone to the November class yet. Oh well, beats waking up hungover.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Monday/Australian Friday or Wednesday or whatever. Don't take that first drink no matter what.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Day 2. Extremely tired. My body is worn out. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'm ready to take my life back. It will probably be several more days before I start feeling normal again.

1. AA
2. Be gentle with myself
4. Breathe
5. HALT
6.Pray
10. Stay off Facebook
11, Avoid my mother
12. Journal
13. Check in here daily
14. Stop hating myself
15. Have hope

Love you all!
Good list. Move that #7 to #1. And then put it again at #16. It'll make all those other goals more manageable.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Checking in this afternoon and feeling improved....not 100% but better.....

I have actually been pretty productive so far - cleaned the house (dumped remaining alcohol and got rid of empties), did laundry, walked Charlie in the brilliant sunshine and made a healthy lunch of steak and asparagus.

This is about the time of day yesterday when I went to the liquor store but I won't be repeating that mistake. I am going to spend the remainder of today really trying to invest in myself and my health.... When the little things start slipping for me I should know by now they are big red flags....like eating junk food and not meeting my step goal.....I'm coming for you Bobbie!! Lol

Well off I go....love you all!!
Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

1. AA
2. Be gentle with myself
4. Breathe
5. HALT
6.Pray
10. Stay off Facebook
11, Avoid my mother
12. Journal
13. Check in here daily
14. Stop hating myself
15. Have hope

Love you all!
Great list Kiki!!!!
Old 11-14-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hope you make a TON of money today Casey!!!! $$
Old 11-14-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Old 11-14-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Really, really not digging this internet-based posting. Missing the app, but I understand budget cuts. Still....can we take up a collection or something? We are a wealthy nation...especially without the bar bills.

I'm on day three and still feeling shaky and frail from Friday, but definitely on the mend. Right now, the thought of drinking makes me feel sick. I'll be writing down the stupid mistakes of Friday and how I felt...so that later I don't minimize it. I don't see me eating pineapple ever again...lol!

Had to get up at 3 am this morning to write a report on retiree healthcare that normally takes a week. Kind of miserable here trying to think hard but not physically stable.

This too shall pass. Water is my friend.