Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-15-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Hey Marchers! I barely have time to keep up with posts, much less posting on SR! Geez what a great community.

This is my "Final Four," my final day four that is. My new mantra is: "Time's up. Put the drink DOWN!" I don't know where that came from. Maybe from my school years. Remember the tests: "Time's up. Pencils down." It has a definitive ring to it, and it was always such a relief to put that pencil down.

Today marks eight months since I decided to quit, and join SR. Ups and downs followed, and this last down was bad. My AV is a beast, no mistake.

But yesterday was tailor made to get me to drink and I sailed past the liquor store. They'll just have to adjust their ordering and inventory from here on out. Because I quit.

Have a great day everyone. Stay strong Sam and Kiki and Lillian and everyone. Everyone do the Casey Salute and we'll get where we need to be.
I love that Pelagic!!! You sound very strong!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Ok so this just happened...this is the crap that pisses me off:

I am sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office and some old hag decides she wants to talk politics with me and tell me the million reasons our country is doomed and Trump is evil. I told her TWICE that I didn't want to talk about politics as nicely as possible! Shut up!!! She's a volunteer here! Some witchy old lady. Grrrr.....

Some people are idiots! I feel like I want to just lock myself in my house! Geeze! You'd think I'd be safe in the freaking doctors office!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

B- MP3, 'Phoenix rising/Icarus falling'. Learning from the pain bit.

KK- my bro's a doc. SAFE near one of them? hmmm
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 10. Back to double digits!

I slept crazy late (after staying up crazy late, hard to believe my actions sometimes cause reactions) so need to get moving so no long posts from me. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Tuesday!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Just checking in on lunch break - on my phone so it's a little difficult to post a celebratory pic for Pelagic! Happy 8 months!

Kiki I feel your anger - people suck! Most of them are so annoying and make me want to shut out the world as well....let's not let those jerks get the best of us!

I just saw a movie trailer that's coming out on DVD in January - it's called "Apple of my eye" w/ Burt Reynolds & it was partially filmed at the place where I work p/t on weekends - pretty cool!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi all, I am back on Day 2. I am not taking these slips lightly. Everytime I drink, after a week or so of sobriety, I am reminded just how much my disease has progressed. It cannot be an option anymore. I'm so tired of this ... tired of feeling happy and alive after some sober time, only to be smacked back down into that hole of depression, regret, shame and self loathing. I am so grateful for this place and for all of you. We can never give up.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Just to be clear, Purplrks: I'm on day four. I've been actively trying to quit (but evidently not actively enough) for eight months since joining SR. I can't imagine how good I would feel if instead of 41 days (and various other dry spells) I had stuck it out the whole eight months. Can't wait to find out what eight months feels like though. That would be truly cool.

And dang if I didn't hear the little "F-it" voice for a bit this afternoon. I was working in the yard and fell back on my vice of ruminating about how I ruined EVERYTHING (I really didn't but try telling my AV that), and the next step of course is the AV: "F-it. It's all wrecked anyway so get the keys and let's go to the liquor store." I took a walk instead and feel much better now.

Stay strong. Stay sober.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Stick with it, Pelagic! You're doing great.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Sorry I read that wrong Pelagic ~ but like Casey says ~ You're doing great!

Good to see you, Ladybug!

I think we're all doing great ~ I'm so glad to be here with you guys!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Winding down another sober day. Feels good. Although I haven't posted as much and didn't listen to a podcast today like I planned on. Can't slip on these things. So here I am. Congrats to everyone continue hong to work hard on sobriety. Perseverance!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

My AV likes to be sneaky....not any immediate cravings but a lot of "what-ifs" in the back of my head. Gonna try and read some and hopefully get some rest tonight. Love you guys!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

So today was one of those days where literally the ONLY thing I did right was not drink! I was negative & grumpy all day! If I would have had a military tank I would have just driven OVER cars on the road and smashed them. Lol.

Nothing bad happened....just the consequences of drinking last Saturday. It takes longer and longer for me to bounce back! In the middle of the day I was laying in my bed with the curtains drawn because of the depression. (depression always comes during the first week after a drink). I also get majorly agitated and anxious. I also feel like a bloated fat arse and can't look in the mirror.

Gonna keep walking forward! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! AA and exercise tomorrow. AA and a new hair-do Thursday.

Friday I'm thinking of applying for a seasonal job. Idle time is NOT my friend! I find that if I have a commitment I can shut down my AV pretty quickly. The only bad thing about the job would be dealing with PEOPLE! Ugh. I haven't been very People-ly lately! Lol.

Went to one of my kid's sports banquets tonight and realized how political stuff is (again). Also realized how fake people are. (Again) I hate fake people!

Well...I'm clearly in a NEGATIVE mood! Tomorrow is a new day! Maybe tomorrow my day will be filled with rainbows and unicorns! Lol

Nite friends. It may not be graceful but I didn't drink today! I love that I can be REAL with you guys! Raw. No filters. Thank you for that!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

P.S. ***DEE***

I read your story. So powerful! You are a miracle!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Just started gym with a trainer today. Carefully planned to fit my weird plastic skin needs. This time 'want to' gym. Before was 'have to' gym- for learning to walk physio. So a step.
Phoenix, you're awesome.

Just wanted to say that.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning everyone. Day 3. Quick check-in before I head to the doctor for a regular check-up.

Racing thoughts and worries kept me up half the night. I really need to learn to let go of the things I can't control and turn them over. My goal is to get to a point where I just truly believe everything will be ok if I do the "next right thing". I spend so much of my life worrying about things...it's such a waste and not good for my sobriety.

Any tips on letting go?

Anyway...I hope everyone has a good day. Love you all!!!
Tips?

Start tracking the triggers that make you angry. Learn as much as you can about why. It likely is one or more of the following feelings:

1.Disregarded
2.Unimportant
3.Accused – Includes feeling guilty, untrustworthy, or distrusted.
4.Devalued
5.Disrespected
6.Rejected
7.Powerless
8.Unlovable

For example, on the politics incident (I'm with you on that BTW), it likely wasn't that they kept talking.....perhaps you felt disregarded? Or disrespected?

Each one on the list goes deeper in hurts. Unlovable is the deepest hurt there is.

Disregarded and disrespected are two of my most common hot buttons. It happens to women in my business especially. I see RED when it happens. Anger....it protects us from feeling hurt.

It's me giving homework this time. For a week, journal incidents that make you feel anger. And assign one of the above CORE HURTS to your feelings.

Then watch if there is a pattern.

Another tip on letting go. Listen to Eckert Tolle. He talks about living in the present. It's the only time entirely under your control. When I listen to him....I feel a lot better.

If you accept this homework, I wish you enlightenment Grasshopper.

Lillian
Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Winding down another sober day. Feels good. Although I haven't posted as much and didn't listen to a podcast today like I planned on. Can't slip on these things. So here I am. Congrats to everyone continue hong to work hard on sobriety. Perseverance!
Every day is another piece of the puzzle Apple. That's what I'm telling myself. Right now, the thought of drinking makes me physically ill, but I know that's coming to a end soon. From there, I'm going to have a list of projects focusing on self-improvement. There is much work to do there....LOL!

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 10. Back to double digits!

I slept crazy late (after staying up crazy late, hard to believe my actions sometimes cause reactions) so need to get moving so no long posts from me. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Tuesday!
10 is a good number. And sleeping is the best part of sobriety I've decided.

Well, speaking of sleeping - this girl is off to bed. I woke up at 4 am and arrived home at 7 pm. Tomorrow a business trip so another 15 hour day awaits me. Good times.

Thank you for this space to let out my feelings.

Love to all ~~
Lillian
Old 11-16-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

You guys are so funny!

Kiki the comment about having a military tank and smashing cars sounds like something my bff would say ~ I literally laughed out loud! And it's not even 6 am yet!

Thank you Lillian for sharing the homework assignment ~ I too have a lot of work to do! So glad we're all here to work on it together

Ok I better get ready ~ very grateful to face another day, hangover free!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning class!! Yesterday was a tough day....I got a promotion. Sounds great I guess but this promotion came at the expense of two other people being fired. One of these people was a really good friend and the other I didn't know well but was a very nice person. I know that I did not get them fired or cause this but the old feelings of shame and guilt crept in. Still feeling them this morning. On my way to work to brave this new world I am now a part of. Wish me luck!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Lillian - I love the homework! I will accept the challenge, only i may replace anger with stress or sadness. Thanks ❤️❤️
Old 11-16-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

PJ - I love the avatar!!