Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 12-09-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Figured I would post since my sobriety date is October 5th. I was in rehab for a month and have since been back to work. My live-in girlfriend broke up with me in rehab, so I had to find a new place to live. My biggest issue has been the lonliness. AA meetings have been somewhat helpful, but I still have issues with opening up and bonding with other people. Something I have to work on I guess.

Oh, and I now have a home group and a sponsor. I am working on the first step now.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Welcome DNM hope everyone is having a wonderful day, been dealing with the blues still so haven't had much to say but wanted to say hi
Old 12-09-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome DNM
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Mr

Fingers crossed for the job suzy.
Good luck with your parties Dragon.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thank you V Man! The lady said call next week about the job, they're still interviewing. Hopefully I'll have good news to report then.

Welcome DNM! I have been pretty lonely lately too. Not drinking means going out with my friends less. I'm not good at going to bars and not drinking. Plus I lost my pet a couple weeks ago and my house feels so empty now. It helps to come check out my soberrecovery peeps.

Winslow, I thought you seemed quiet. So sorry you're having the blues! Wish there was something we could do. If you want to chat let me know, xoxo

I've had the worst stomach ache ever today. Looked up symptoms and sounds like it might be diverticulitis. I'm hoping it will pass soon. Rough day! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed for you Suzy.

Welcome DNM

I'm away for the weekend - was going to active, but am very slothful and just giving into it - have been sick for most of the week.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning ppl.

AV started whispering in my ear last night. Something I've been fearful of 'cause things have been going so well. It was late so I just went to bed. I'm very afraid that cravings will return and become a battle. Obviously I don't want that.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hello friends, had hubs' birthday yesterday I just made him tacos and my daughter made him cupcakes,got him a few things I hope he was happy but he seemed kinda bored,maybe cuz I zoned out on The Walking dead marathon haha,wishing everyone a peaceful,poison free day,don't listen to the ugly voice it'll just make you sick! Enjoy the day
Old 12-10-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning sober people!

Feeling better today - pain in my abdomen is gone, I'm just sore and tender, and feeling worn out, but I'll take it. I think I've done irreparable damage to my body... Poison it is...

Having my morning coffee right now. Here's to a serene and sober day!
Old 12-10-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Dragon - I think we're still pretty young as far as this journey goes, so the AV will come back from time to time. I also think that being aware that we can still be tempted is important as is an ability to "talk ourselves" out of it, or do something to keep ourselves away from danger.
Your chose well last night. That's all we can do is keep making good choices - I believe people when they say it happens less frequently as we move forward. I hope so, because the days when the AV isn't about are great and when he is around, not so much. It has gotten less as time has gone on and I've been able to talk him round.

Suzy - would it be a good idea to see a doctor?
Old 12-10-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Yes, thanks. I have a doctor appointment on the 22nd of this month. I have to go in more than I want due to multiple health issues. No insurance or income here at the moment so I'm trying to avoid extra visits... If there's an emergency I'll get help sooner. Really thinking that being so keyed up about that job yesterday made my guts actually tie up in a knot! LOL

Planning to put up some Christmas decorations tomorrow. It's unseasonably cold here and is putting me in the spirit. This will be the first holiday season in years where I haven't decorated my home with empty booze bottles haha. It seems nice
Old 12-10-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suzyq77 View Post
Planning to put up some Christmas decorations tomorrow. It's unseasonably cold here and is putting me in the spirit. This will be the first holiday season in years where I haven't decorated my home with empty booze bottles haha. It seems nice
With you on that one Suzy - it's so nice not to being taking bottles to the recycling and hoping no-one will see you. I was fed up of waking up and seeing the mess from the day before - particularly on holidays
Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Had a fun sober time at my wife's company party, We had another couple at our table that didn't drink (wife's manager). That helped, tho no AV problems (Drowned out by the music). I always had anxiety about her company parties over the social aspect & could not wait to get to that first drink. Doing it sober this year, I felt more extroverted & confident. We close the place then waited for my son to close up (he was the bartender) and we all drove home. Got to bed around 2:30am and slept like a log.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

So that's two seasonal parties down. My sister-n-law hosts Christmas eve dinner, normally something I look forward too 'cause we all get extremely plastered ('cept my wife who doesn't drink). But this year, I'm not so sure I even want to show up. I don't know yet how I'm going to breach this subject with my wife.....
Old 12-11-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

You've been doing so well with these parties.
I'd ask your wife about the dinner - she may be looking for the excuse to not go or may be looking forward to not being the only sober person in the room for once
Old 12-11-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Ooops, wrong thread. , guys.

Power on.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

The AV will whisper from time to time, at least for a while STDragon.

What we do in response counts - thats the real measure of recovery to me

D
Old 12-11-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what AV stands for, but I think I've been having some also, if it means the urge to drink. I'm working through a lot of worry and fear right now, 2 things which caused my drinking to spiral out of control again the last year or two. I'm patting myself on the back for dealing with it unfiltered for once. Looking back, it's clear the drinking never helped with any of that anyway.

I've discovered a new spiritual guy online that is really resonating with me - Gary Zukav. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this link, but thought his words might help someone else along the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKwNKfwTp-k
Old 12-11-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what AV stands for
Addictive Voice - it's the voice that tells you you 'need' a drink...

D
Old 12-11-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just checking in.day 49 here. Not The easiest weekend but i powered through. Not as tough though as i expected with a block party on Friday night (to which i was the only one not drinking), but remained sober and another weekend done. I know one day it wont just be about "getting through" it, but for now, for december, thats what it is. Hope everyone had a sober weekend too.