Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 12-01-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats newlight

D
Old 12-01-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hello friends, congratulations on 60 days Newlight where's the rest of our crew? Wishing everyone a happy AF Day
Old 12-01-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Newlight congratulations on the 60 days! That's awesome. Are you planning to celebrate or reward yourself somehow? Pretty cool

I guess I would be getting close to 60 days myself but I slipped up and drank a 5th of honey bourbon on the day my kitty died last week. I used to keep that stuff in the medicine cabinet for when I had a cold, like I did last week. I didn't think I'd drink the whole thing... but I guess I should've known I would before I bought it. Lesson learned!

No one has complained that I've stayed on the October thread, and I really appreciate that! Thank you. I was halfway expecting to get kicked off to start over. I quit doing crack cocaine about 19 years ago. I've had a few slips since then. I wouldn't really call them relapses. They've all been about the people I have around me. Not once have I gone out and sought to obtain drugs for myself over the years. I've just learned from the slips and picked myself up to carry on the next day.

It's funny how it seems to be working. I quit doing hard drugs years ago, quit drinking alcohol a couple months ago, and now I'm struggling to quit tobacco. All 3 seem to be equally as hard, but have as many differences as similarities.

Sorry for being so longwinded. Maybe I should do another blog. LOL

I hope everyone's day is beautiful Peace and blessings to ya
Old 12-01-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope you're well! Day 63 I think and feeling really pleased to be sober.
Been a bit off colour this week, must be a bug. Hopefully have a cycle ride at the weekend if I feel well again, that always cheers me up. Going to be a busy weekend but I'd like to try for 50 miles if I can ☺
Old 12-01-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Getting close to 60, next week sometime I think.
Today has been a long old day - stopped into the supermarket on the way home to pick up ginger root for tea and as I was heading to the checkout I looked down the wine aisle and thought "Oh they've got that rose I like in".
And I was starting to move to pick it up when I was like "but you don't drink anymore"
Weird - I wasn't distressed about not getting the wine and felt no cravings - just seemed to have forgotten I didn't drink.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Suzyq - of course we didn't complain about you staying on this thread - you're part of our gang - given my weird moment today, it could have been me tonight. and you got straight back to us when it happened, giving us the honour of being able to try and help you through it.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Thanks teaorcoffee! Glad you didn't put the rose in the grocery cart! I like hearing about everyone's day. Mine has been a busy one. I'm feeling great!
Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Teaorcoffee,I'm glad you didn't buy it too at first I was reading it as a rose(flower) haha,Suzyq,are you dealing with the loss of your kitty ok? I have a feeling I'm sensitive or allergic to stevia,it's a sweetener in my protein shake and I had been skipping it since Sunday and I felt great,tried one today and I've had a non stop headache all day,fatigue, think I'll be skipping it from now on
Old 12-01-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlight7 View Post
Day 60 y'all! I owe you guys a big thank you for being there with me on this journey!

Have a fantastic day all!
Congrats, Newlight, I reach that this coming Monday!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Congrats all for getting this far...Im on day 55 I think. I drove to my DUI class today just to find out they don't have a class on thursdays...lol. I went into work for a few hours to get some work done so the trip was not wasted. Had lunch with family for my brothers 51st bday so that was nice. Just completed p90x chest&back. Need to get my workouts in since I serve my last 3 days of jail time starting Sunday at 7pm. Fun times!!! At least it will be behind me after Wednesday.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hewson33 View Post
Congrats all for getting this far...Im on day 55 I think. I drove to my DUI class today just to find out they don't have a class on thursdays...lol. I went into work for a few hours to get some work done so the trip was not wasted. Had lunch with family for my brothers 51st bday so that was nice. Just completed p90x chest&back. Need to get my workouts in since I serve my last 3 days of jail time starting Sunday at 7pm. Fun times!!! At least it will be behind me after Wednesday.
Good for you, Hewson!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Morning friends, Hewson,so glad it'll all be over soon congrats on your 58 days, day off today and probably go to lunch with my daughter and Louie,99 cent store for sure but nervous cuz last week I went there with 4 things on my list.... spent $63!!terrible, wishing everyone a peaceful AF Day
Old 12-02-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Henson. glad this will soon be over for you. At least you know you can get through this.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Company party tomorrow. Told two co-workers today that I don't drink. Got the reactions I expected of them. One took it seriously the other (after he stopped laughing) need a bit more assurance. Neither are aware of prior drinking history. I think the second guy feels a bit threatened the first will be supportive. Going with my wife who doesn't drink. We have an exit plan but I don't expect I'll be needing it.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, late to the thread. My last drinking day was Oct 22. Day 40 for me. Just came back to SR after an absence. Heres hoping for a peaceful December!
Old 12-03-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good for you, STDragon and Avra!
Old 12-03-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Welcome Avra - good to have you on board and congrats on 40 days sober.
I can't see my December being peaceful - it's always one of those months, but it will be calmer than before when I can remember everything!

Dragon - I get what you mean by people feeling threatened - I stepped in yesterday when one of my colleagues said she didn't drink because she didn't like the taste and another colleague started saying that she really should try cocktails and wouldn't let it go.
Hey, if someone doesn't want to drink, they don't want to drink.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

hello fellow october 2016 people

i don't post very often but everything is going very well...

just checked my habitbull app and today is day 46.....that time has gone by rather swiftly..... managed to visit my drinking buddy up in the North of the country for 4 days without cracking and despite everybody else boozing from morning til night and beyond.... can't say i especially enjoyed it but getting through that visit sober was a huge test for me....

good luck to all of you and thanks for offering so much for me to read and learn from

JL
Old 12-03-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey Luna, good to know you're doing well
Old 12-03-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Junoluna View Post
....can't say i especially enjoyed it but getting through that visit sober was a huge test for me....
Congratulations, good for you!