Congratulations on 60 days Newlight!
Old 12-03-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestones guys

D
Old 12-03-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Like your avatar Oct - I feel that way about hiking and biking, I'm not a runner. The feeling of going to bed properly tired is lovely.

Today is going to be reasonably busy - I will need to do some work and then I am meeting friends for a river hike. I think we'll hike for 3 or 4 hrs so that should fit the tired enough to sleep criteria.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend.

Juno, I am very impressed with the 4 day trip and how well you did! Do you have any tips on how to get through this kind of thing without drinking? I could use the advice thank you.

Hewson, I find working out is helping me too. I've been spending time at the gym again + walking and have lost a total of 12 lbs since I stopped drinking! I can tell it really helps improve my mood. Good luck with the DUI thing I know that must be difficult.

Winslow, I'm dealing with kitty loss ok. This morning it still seemed like she was in the other room and would come running in here to sit with me. The sadness is going away though! Thank goodness

Here's to a beautiful Sunday! Peace & Blessing to you my friends <3
Old 12-04-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Made it thru the company x-mas party sober. Had no difficulty 'cept one person who I guess didn't believe I 'really' quit. He stopped once I reinforced my position.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Welcome Avra - good to have you on board and congrats on 40 days sober.
I can't see my December being peaceful - it's always one of those months, but it will be calmer than before when I can remember everything!

Dragon - I get what you mean by people feeling threatened - I stepped in yesterday when one of my colleagues said she didn't drink because she didn't like the taste and another colleague started saying that she really should try cocktails and wouldn't let it go.
Hey, if someone doesn't want to drink, they don't want to drink.
Your right its one of those months. I cannot wait till January. But we will push through it, right? So far I have had to go to several events and the morning after each one, I was grateful for not drinking and got up to watch the sunrise
Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Made it thru the company x-mas party sober. Had no difficulty 'cept one person who I guess didn't believe I 'really' quit. He stopped once I reinforced my position.
I have found most people don't even notice I am not drinking, but there does seem to be a small percentage preoccupied by others drinking habits - it is possible they have a problem themselves? Or perhaps they are just curious, but you have to wonder why.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Morning friends, STDragon,great job getting through the party Avra,in a way the holidays are a nice distraction for me,on the other hand I guess there are a lot of triggers too,had fond thoughts last week as I was putting up the decs, I always used to drink beers first,that and wrapping too for some reason, Suzyq,I imagine it'll take some time to get over your grief,hello to all wishing everyone a peaceful AF Sunday
Old 12-04-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I have one friend who I know has noticed, but has decided to say nothing. I've just caught a couple of bemused looks.
I'll just skip out on the xmas party - it's not that great anyway and I really can't be bothered to answer questions from people.
I think you were brave and organised Dragon - glad it went well.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Well jail time in less than 2 hours. Supposed to be 3 days like last time but when I called them earlier today they acted like it would only be one day. Guess I'll find out for sure when I check-in. One thing I know is they will be AF. Lol.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good luck Hewson - hope that they drop it to one day - Anyway, after this, you will be able to get on with your life again.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

You'll get through it, Hewson! It's a learning experience, and I'm sorry you've had to deal with this.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I'll pray for you Hewson. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Hopefully there will be someone in there with you who can help you pass the time somewhat pleasantly. I hope this is your last stint in the pin!!

I need prayers this morning too. I'm off to a job interview for a position I really want to fill!! I resigned from my job in the spring to escape a bad situation and have been living off of my savings since. My $$ is almost all gone but my soul has been saved at least. I really need this job!! Wish me luck

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday. It's a day for new beginnings
Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good luck to you, Suxyq! And today is day 60 for me!! Have a great Monday, everyone!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Well, I survived another busy weekend. This is the most stressful month for me. I feel like a grinch. I just don't feel like it's necessary to buy gifts for people I hardly see or talk to, family or not.

Does anyone else have depression? I've had depression on and off as long as I can remember. Getting treatment is tough. I don't want to be medicated, but I hate being depressed. I think I drank to not feel. Now I'm feeling everything, all the time, and it just sucks.

Recently I've been through some major stresses. I find myself crying a lot. I've cried more days than not since quitting drinking. I've been to a psychiatrist since quitting but he just wanted to medicate me. I don't know what to do. Anyone else struggling?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I have depression too Newlight. I guess I always have, runs in my family. It was really bad when I was younger, now I think I can manage it better. Not drinking has helped me to feel better. Medicine has only served to get me out of some bad slumps but it doesn't fix the problem completely. Physical exercise and being around people also helps me a lot, it's just hard to get myself to initiate doing that when I feel really bummed. Also B vitamins seem to help a lot. I'm sorry (((hugs))) Don't give up trying different things to make yourself feel better! Drinking won't help, I guess you know that.

I think the job interview went well and I have a good feeling about it. I should know something by the end of the week!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope they shorten it Hewson
Congrats on 60 days Beelover
Old 12-05-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Thanks, D!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Glad it went well for you, Suzyq!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Well it was only 24 hours and I'm out. Was supposed to do 6 days, and only did 96 hours (4 days). However I was in jail for parts of 6 days so I guess that is what they are counting. Either way I'm done with that part and now it's time to go workout since I still have some time tonight! Thanks all and good luck/congrats to all members in this little group of ours.