SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/399975-class-october-2016-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 11-04-2016 01:10 AM

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D

Elke516 11-04-2016 01:20 AM

Elfie, the more help you can get the better. Good luck!

Jim, congrats on your 30 days and fingers crossed for that job!

Hi TorC, good choice for not getting you into a dangerzone

:c011:

Elke516 11-04-2016 01:20 AM

Shotgun!

First one for me :scoregood

Newlight7 11-04-2016 02:58 AM

Since the holidays are approaching I can't help but to feel excited. This will be my first sober holiday season. I'm actually looking forward to not being that crazy buzzed aunt. I love baking! It's going to be fun baking sober. I'll be able to actually think about what I'm cooking. Anyone else excited for a sober holiday season?

theVman31 11-04-2016 04:08 AM

Cool shotgun :)

hewson33 11-04-2016 05:34 AM

Another day off, but plenty to do today. Really tired last two days...hope I'm not getting cold/flu or something. Gonna try and workout later tonight since I just laid on couch watching tv after court yesterday.

Fortress 11-04-2016 05:38 AM

One more day, guys, one more day, we can do it....

Gifford 11-04-2016 09:49 AM

Good luck Jim, I think I am 33 today as well. I also work away from Blighty, this is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Good in that I am away from drinking friends, but bad as it would be easy to feel lonely and go to meet people. As I am shy, I always seemed to want some drinks before hand. Which never ended well.

Have a great weekend everyone
G

teaorcoffee 11-04-2016 04:17 PM

Busy, busy day today - which was fun and rewarding.
Went out to dinner with a group of people which was fun. Only about half the group were drinking for various reasons which is more normal than being the only person in the group like last weekend.

Elfie312 11-04-2016 07:14 PM

I'm excited about the sober holidays to come. Champaign on New Years is what brought a year of sobriety to an end for me a few years ago. I now know that, yes, one little glass will actually do some harm. Sparkling grape juice for me from now on.

I'm starting my program next week. Not looking forward to having to leave my baby 3 days a week for a few hours but that anxiety is one of the many reasons I need to go and it's good practice for when I go back to work. Going back to work is still an overwhelming thought right now but it's starting to be something that I can see happening, as opposed to a couple weeks ago when I was thinking no way I will be able to leave my daughter for that long.

Have a great weekend everyone. Get out there and enjoy life!

theVman31 11-04-2016 10:39 PM

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Glad your being positive hewson...there is no other way. Bravo. Got a bit of a cold and chesty cough myself...yuck. Take it easy this weekend.
ODAAT :)

teaorcoffee 11-05-2016 12:52 AM

Good job you got that wood in last week Vman. Take care of yourself.I'm really pleased for you Elfie, this sounds like a really good step forward.
Dinner and a movie with friends later - I'm finding it easier to make plans now, because I know I won't be drunk and flake on people.

theVman31 11-05-2016 01:09 AM

Have a good day with your friends TorC :)

Fortress 11-05-2016 02:02 AM

Hey you, who was thinking about drinking today! Don't do it! It's BAD! It will make things WORSE! I guarantee you that I am weaker that you, more selfish than you, and made stupider decisions than you. If I can do it, with the help of my HP and this wonderful site SR, SO CAN YOU!!!!!

theVman31 11-05-2016 02:27 AM

Love your persistance and tenacity fortress...
Have a good weekend.

hewson33 11-05-2016 04:14 AM

Off to work shortly this morning. Got a lot done yesterday. Two p90x workouts, started reading new book on Kindle, played a video game for a few hours, watched a few episodes of Red Oaks on Amazon Prime, played cards with brother and nephew....and ran errands in town. Amazing how much you can get done in a day!!!

teaorcoffee 11-05-2016 05:29 AM

You got a time-changer or something Hewson, that's an impressive haul for one day.
Got to be honest - the only reason I've been out of the house today is because I promised a friend I'd pick her up eggs from the farmers market - the weather here is awful!
Fortress - thanks for your comments - you made me laugh today!
Am currently planning a weekend away to coincide with the work xmas do - I don't like the event anyway, so I think a little spa and hiking trip will do the trick quite nicely - I'll be at about 2 months in then, so I think I'll plan treat to reward myself instead of going to a alcohol soaked dinner dance.

NorthernLass 11-05-2016 05:38 AM

Hi! It's nice to be back and see some familiar names!

Hope you're having a good AF Saturday! I did! Long day today, am v tired now but not tempted to drink. A GOOD sober nights sleep is much more inviting, rather than broken, drunken half slumber. Ugh!

Have a good weekend wherever you are! Go Rocktobers!!!!

Newlight7 11-05-2016 07:12 AM

Happy Saturday all! I have a slam packed day! I started the morning off with a run. Next I will practice my patriotic duty of voting. Then to a Pokémon party lol! I love busy Saturdays, but I love them so much more hangover free.

Pattik57 11-05-2016 04:02 PM

I have made it a week now. Longest in a long time. I know it isn't very long but it has given me some confidence I can do this.
Hope everyone is having a great wkend !