Class of March 2016 part 34

Old 10-17-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

My fears come alive
In this place where I once died
Demons dreaming
Knowing I, I just needed to realign

(Lyrics from "Realign" by Godsmack)

Hey guys, hope you don't mind my sharing song lyrics....they are helpful to me so maybe passing them along will help someone else as well ~~~ sometimes putting in my favorite music gets me back up and motivated again
Old 10-17-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Bobbie I'm glad your daughter is okay! OMG how scary!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi all. Well I am here and sober. Drinking some sleepytime tea and getting ready for bed.

Dee - I know I haven't done enough to break the cycle....tonight I did everything I could to not drink and it worked!! I need to start putting as much effort into my recovery as I put into my job....

Thanks to everyone for all your help today
Old 10-17-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Aw Sam I'm sorry about your last four days but I'm happy that you sound so much better now It's hard pulling out of days like that but you will feel so much better tomorrow and I'm very proud of you.

Bobbie I'm glad your daughter is ok.

I'm doing ok except fighting with the ex again. I guess he is sober too but it doesn't change the fact that he is still verbally abusive to me back to no contact again unless its about our son. Every time I give him an inch and accept an apology or forgive him or do him a favor I end up regretting it. Sigh.

My son is good birth control too guys!! Not even a year and a half and throwing tantrums like a 2 year old. Flops on the ground (bangs his head too) and screams and kicks. Ah but I love him so. We went to a pumpkin farm yesterday and he had a blast. Weather was beautiful.
Take care everyone. Remember no drinking! It's dumb!
Love you all!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Well don't I feel the fool? With a bit of persistence and help, got there. My masterpieces. Mean a bit to me, so be gentle..PJ
Old 10-17-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Still learning- the files exceed the bit of info. limit- back to the drawing board.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

By 0.7 kb. Will work on it.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Glad your daughter is ok Bobbie. Scary!!

Jemma, hang in there. That guy sounds like a piece of work.

Sam, hugs to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Purp, I love your song lyrics.

Phoenix, when you figure out how to post pictures, let me know. I still can't do it either!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Lillian = sober. Made it three days now and I feel good. Happy about that.

After being a prisoner in my own home for those three days, went back to work today. I was feeling less stressed until.....they told me there was a guy on a big bridge here in town that was threatening to jump on the day he got fired. No one's sure, but the description sounded like my hotheaded coworker. Hope this is just a coincidence. Could this situation get any worse? Jeez. Whoever it was didn't jump Thank God.

But things are going to get better. I feel it already. I am going to put my shoulder into it, and I will make it happen. Hear me roar? haha ~

Hawaii is in three weeks. I love Halloween. My birthday is next week and my children will give me lovely handmade cards. Venuscat may be coming to see me out here in a few weeks. I have many things to look forward to in the near future.

My tool belt whispers to me to keep busy and stay positive.

Rokey-Dokie!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Early start to what will be day two. I didn't sleep great but I am hangover free which feels pretty good.

Jemma - the situation with your ex sounds frustrating. Sorry you are going through that. Thinking of you

Lillian - congrats on three days!! And man, what I wouldn't do to be leaving for Hawaii soon......sounds like heaven

PJ - I am excited to see your masterpieces!!

Well off to start the day and feeling stronger already....amazing what just getting through those first 24 hours can do to your head....

❤️❤️
Old 10-18-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Me again. Need to ask QWERTY guy about photos. Did another 4 hours sewing- 10 all up. Half way through. Also some real piano practice- adapting technique to compensate for cactus'd finger. Also did real writing, instead of writing about writing. I manned the .... up (a bit). Beat back anxiety and guilt about D with HALTS- worked (a bit). Starting pre stuff for mp 3. The burns theme is now closed. Moving on. Thinking about a self portrait- grid draw from photo. So I have to look at and accept all I am. I think the photo a staff member took of me makes me 'ed look slopey with no ears. Chickpea/veg/rice stir fry 4 T. Whiney is back being annoying. Last project was to use a vaporiser rather than ciggies. Decided was addicted to it- sold it and went back to cig's (again). Found god yesterday. Unsure where he left him, but it is a strange world. When outside one youngie (lady type female person) said to me 'hello Mr Wisdom'. She seems to think I am a peaceful sort of person o be around. Funny that- I shut up and listen, that is pretty much it- and that is seen as wise. Anyway- Whiney says- 'your dome (head) is full of wizz' (urine) and began to laugh at the cleverness of this. I paused, looked at him and instead of 1000 nasty retorts said after a pause..' oh, I understand, that was meant to be funny'. D...head. Do my best to live up to my own beliefs in valuing others, live the step stuff- but this one really gets on my goat. There! Had my pathetic little bitch now. So not such a bad day...
Old 10-18-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates. Beginning day 18! Not many more days until I break the 3 week jinx I've suffered this entire year.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Good morning all. Early start to what will be day two. I didn't sleep great but I am hangover free which feels pretty good.

Well off to start the day and feeling stronger already....amazing what just getting through those first 24 hours can do to your head....

❤️❤️
I'm soooo proud of you Sam.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 45. Feeling good....just tired. And our refrigerator broke yesterday! Ugh. It's these little things that irritate me. Gotta get a new one.

I hope everyone has a happy, sober day today! Love u all!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 45 Kiki. Good job!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Lots of work to do after missing a week. Will be back! Love you all!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Good job Kiki! Onward to two months!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm really tired but am hoping to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow I am going to start chairing an AA meeting every Wednesday. I like chairing meetings. It helps me feel like I'm doing something good for a change and making "living amends".

Well, it's quiet around here. I hope everyone is ok.

Xo
Old 10-18-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Kiki

D
Old 10-18-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

S14 how are you today? PJ