SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 34 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398800-class-march-2016-part-34-a.html)

Dee74 10-09-2016 08:55 PM

Class of March 2016 part 34

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-33-a-20.html

Thirteenth 10-09-2016 08:56 PM

Shotgun

Had to get it. I want this part to be my turning point. I don't know that it will be. I do know I'm not backing down from the challenge. So, there's that.

Thanks, Dee.

KiKi0615 10-10-2016 03:15 AM

Morning all! I'm up early today for another busy day. Whew! I'm tired. Things start slowing down in a few weeks and I'll be more active around here again. Still sober. Some days are easier than others for sure. I don't miss alcohol though!

I hope everyone has a happy, sober day! Love you all!

MARCH 2016 ROCKS!

*1Stepup:
*AppleKat
*Beerbgone (BBG)
*Bobbie
*Casey
*Clearlyheaded
*Fred
*immri
*PhoenixJ
*Jemma
*Kayak63
*Keets
*Kiki (me!!! :-))
*Ladybug2
*LillianGish
*LostLilly
*ManInTheArena (MITA)
*Mish
*Missy7
*PeacefulRain
*Pelagic263
*Purplrks
*Sam
*Spacegoat
*Thirteenth

PhoenixJ 10-10-2016 03:16 AM

EEEk! Aaaargh! SOME OFTHE OTHERS AROUND ME ARE BEHAVING UNSAFELY AND CRUELLY TO A VULNERABLE RECOVERY NEWBIE.
Tols staff of my concerns this morning. Done my appropriate civic duty. No thoughts of booze- HA! Far from it. Spent 4 hours painting- finished m/p 2. Finally got staff teed up to transfer on digital format to post. 16 hours all up for m/p 2. Already finished rough outline for m/p 3.

Dee74 10-10-2016 03:26 AM

Best wishes to everyone for a good week and a peaceful frame of mind free of AV :)

D

ManInTheArena 10-10-2016 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6167912)
Best wishes to everyone for a good week and a peaceful frame of mind free of AV :)

D

Thanks for the new thread Dee, and the positive thoughts to start the week.

Good morning Kiki and PhoenixJ!!

I'm off from work today, but hoping to be a little more productive than yesterday. Spent some time reading some older threads here on SR instead of watching that train wreck. There's some great stuff on here.

Have a great day!!

beerbgone 10-10-2016 05:27 AM

Good morning everybody. Into double digits today. Day 10. Intense brain fog! It'll go away I know. But I hate it right now!

Wishing everybody a great week. Alcohol free!!! Don't drink. It's dumb!

samantha14 10-10-2016 05:36 AM

Morning!! Congrats of ten days BBG!!

It's Thanksgiving here and I am feeling pretty grateful today for so much in my life....top of the list is being here, all of you and sobriety.

❤️❤️❤️

Bobbieka 10-10-2016 07:17 AM

Good morning, Class!

Great job on 10 days, BBG. Yes, you know, the fog goes away. I still feel a bit something on some days, but it is rare and is going away.

MITA - have a great day off!

13th - you got shotgun - now bring it.

Phoenix - good morning. tell those miscreants to behave.

Samantha - Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great day with your family.

I'm back at the office. Another day off would have been nice. But then I would have wanted another then another...ah well.

Love you all. Thanks for keeping me sober. Don't drink, it's dumb.

Thirteenth 10-10-2016 07:32 AM

You want me to bring a shotgun? The hell? :lmao

Seriously though, it has not been a good start to the day. I'm planning to make today like a work day and get my stuff together.

Just keep care of yourself PJ. That's the most important thing.

Happy Thanksgiving Sam! Enjoy it sober and proud.

Well done on 10 bbg.

Productive is good MITA, but don't overextend yourself.

Good to see you Kiki. Hope you can get some rest soon.

You're doing well Keets. Good to see you as well.

For all I've missed, I'm sorry. Be well and don't drink.

ManInTheArena 10-10-2016 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteenth (Post 6168208)
Productive is good MITA, but don't overextend yourself.

Haha. Not really a problem. Went to the gym for a little bit and then played 9 holes of golf. I'm going to grill up a few hot dogs now and then find something to watch on TV!

Work will be here soon enough :)

Bobbieka 10-10-2016 11:48 AM

AppleKat You are doing an amazing job. 50 days is spectacular. You know, when you accept the fact that drinking is absolutely no longer an option, the white knuckling starts to disappear. You have to be one of the strongest women I know.

BBG 10 days! Double digits! I'm very proud of you! This is your home. Don't ever forget it. It goes much better when you are around. No more disappearing. No matter what.

Casey Can't wait until you have internet. You're changes may have been good for you but WE MISS YOU! I'm really proud of you.

Clearlyheaded
You really are doing a great job. I know you don't always feel like it, but you are. Raising your daughter on your own, going through major surgery and recovery, changing jobs, you've had a lot going on. I'm glad you're my friend.

Fred I've kind of been hoping since you hadn't moved out yet, you were going to reveal a reconciliation with your wife. Well, you are moving on a new journey and I pray that you find peace and happiness as you move on.

immri Hey! We miss you.

PhoenixJ I know I've said it before, but I am really glad you are in our class. Thank you for adding a new dimension to my sometimes boring life. I pray that your pain is bearable. In your heart and your body.

Jemma We are always here for you. Don't give up. We won't either.

Kayak63
I hope you are healing well. We miss you in class. Stop being a stranger.

Keets
You've been doing a great job. I love the fact that you continue to go to whatever lengths necessary to maintain your sobriety. Woohoo! You are counting down the chemo treatments. Almost finished.

Kiki
You are the little engine that could. You are doing it everyday and you make sure you don't keep it to yourself. Thank you for sharing what you learn, it means so much. This class is so blessed to have you.

Ladybug2 You don't have to disappear when you slip. We love you and want to keep you safe with us. Don't quit trying. You'll get there.

LillianGish I'm so glad you are still around. I worry sometimes and then you show up. I hope things are settling down for you at work with your problem employee. I might be more excited about your new kitchen than you.

MITA I feel like you carry so much on your shoulders. You are such a great father and husband. Thanks for being here with us.

Mish I really hope things are going better for you. Would love to hear from you.

Missy7 Same. You have been truly missed by all in this class.

PeacefulRain I love reading your posts. You seem to have a very fun and fulfilling life. I am so glad you are topping it off with sobriety.

Pelagic263 I've been praying for you. I hope you are finding your way.

Purplrks You are such a strong woman. I love living vicariously through you! Concerts and drum lessons. Get back in the gym. Not because you need it - but because you need it. It's like my running, if I let it go, other stuff creeps in.

Sam Thanks for pushing me to be better. You drive me to step up and go a little bit further than I would have. I'm glad we are on this sober journey together.

Spacegoat Glad to see you check in yesterday, but seriously - I worry about you. Hang in there. Keep doing the right things, it will all fall in place.

Thirteenth You can proceed with the negative talk all you want. We know you and don't believe it. I hope you get back to a meeting soon. I know personally it has helped me a lot.

Have a great day class. I just found out I might be taking a trip to Houston soon. Like tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm pretty excited.

Prayers for those of you struggling. Keep pushing on, it really does get better and it is really, really worth it. I love you all, thank you for being the biggest part of my sobriety.

PhoenixJ 10-10-2016 02:40 PM

B- tanks 4 the words. Do you have a brain fuse or QWERTY cramp after that thesis? Houston, huh? Now some advice....DO NOT (as an alcoholic) obsess over trying to trip native Houstoners up with clever, witty, never heard before spacey type jokes .FOR EXAMPLE- IF YOU CANNOT FIND ANY CHANGE FOR MILK AT THE LOCAL DELI, do not SAY 'Houston...WE HAVE A PROBLEM'.
One sure fire joke, however which I know never is terribly funny, so using reverse logic it is absolutely precious, a real gem is....
q: What is a specimen
a: An Italian astronaut

boom-boom

Purplrks3647 10-10-2016 02:46 PM

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lo16dl.jpg

Sorry, folks, if this seems a bit sappy....but I'm gonna post it anyway! Hugs and thanks to each of you! :grouphug: (Thanks Bobbie! Have a great trip to Houston!)

fred59 10-10-2016 04:11 PM

the stress got to me my back went out on me, bad timing for this I have to keep moving.
Giants game tonight that will be a good aversion to packing for awhile .
A homeless lady my age chaired our meeting last night she is at every Sunday night meeting my hat goes off to her she is damaged from years of abuse and being homeless. She spends her days doing her best to make sure her homeless friends have food warmth and shelter. I have nothing to complain about.
Her topic was gratitude.

Dee74 10-10-2016 04:17 PM

Hope your back improves Fred.

D

Applekat 10-10-2016 05:04 PM

Day 50. Feels good! Had a decent Columbus Day - kids off, so that's always fun and crazy all at the same time.

Wedding prep with my family and sister consumed us last week and this weekend. I'm ready for normal but not getting too complacent. I need to add some exercise into my days, and also cross some bigger tasks off our fall to-do list.

But seriously I can't help but just want to climb into bed or on the couch when my kids are at school and baby naps . It's my only 1.5 hours to myself in a whole day.

Applekat 10-10-2016 05:17 PM

Well done on day 10 BBG!!!

PhoenixJ 10-10-2016 05:27 PM

Folks, still here. Much more grounded today. Loony tunes around here is settled. Not surprising since half the population around me was up shouting, banging, cursing, manic laughter most of the night.... All asleep I suppose. Did my stuff- food and deposit money. Went to do this yesterday. Shopping list- check. Money- check. Deposit slip- yes. Make sure buy BBQ chook- for sandwiches, stir fries, soup. Shopping done. Got there 0900. Guess what? Chooks not cooked. Bank closed until 0930. I knew if I waited around, I would buy my fav. coffee (double shot latte- 3 sugars) and perhaps a huge Anzac biscuit (my fav). So instead of wasting money- left chook and bank until today. Small sober steps.

beerbgone 10-10-2016 05:53 PM

I'm calling it a night. Thanks all of you it's another sober day!