Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 3

Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy View Post

Windancer I wish I could see your project - it sounds so interesting and exciting.

Does anyone know how to upload pics on here?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Living the life

Uploading pics

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
This may help
Old 10-07-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Day 13

This is my first time posting in the class... I stopped drinking on September 25th. So I just keep wondering when is it going to get better? There's a lot of negatives in my life right now and a lot of uncertainty about my future. Without alcohol to numb everything, they all add up and start to seem insurmountable to the point where I'm reluctant to even start trying to do anything about it. Extreme anxiety and depression, constantly on the verge of tears... It will get better, I know it will, but right now sober living is hard, very hard.

BUT I'm going to stay the course because drinking is a big reason I'm in the situation I'm in. I know it won't get me out of the situation I'm in. Onwards and upwards.

No booze for yours truly.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Day 31. Phone interview in 5 mins. Soo nervous hahaha agh.. Wanted to check in real quick as I'm going to meeting right after.. Happy Friday!!!
Old 10-07-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Living the life

Welcome Anustart. You will find lots of support here. Good for you for sticking with it!
Old 10-07-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Living the life

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 31. Phone interview in 5 mins. Soo nervous hahaha agh.. Wanted to check in real quick as I'm going to meeting right after.. Happy Friday!!!
Fingers crossed CAGY!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Get pic off your phone and upload to Imgur.com

Use these tags without the full stops in to embed the image url

[img.] [/img.]

Here is a picture of a baby ocelot:

Old 10-07-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Martin1 View Post
Get pic off your phone and upload to Imgur.com

Use these tags without the full stops in to embed the image url

[img.] [/img.]

Here is a picture of a baby ocelot:

super cute
Old 10-07-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Interviewer never called so I emailed her and went to meeting. It was a good meeting. Welcome Anustart!
Old 10-07-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that CAGY

Welcome Anustart

Great news your structure has arrived windancer

Busy day here, long day at work then home to prepare for son's bday party, then lots of children here, very very noisy. Much fun was had so that's good. Now silence and soon to be sleep
Old 10-07-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi everyone , it's been a couple of days since I've checked in. No bad news or anything, I've just been really exhausted recently for some reason. I don't know if it's the weather or if I'm perhaps coming down with something. Anyway, it's day 7 for me so, yay for that!

Luckily I haven't been struck by any major cravings. I still think about drinking a lot, but it's more as a concept than a craving. It's really weird. I need to start thinking of something else in its place, like puppies or kittens.

I hope everyone is doing well, especially those dealing with Hurricane Matthew.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Day 11. Stressful but glad it's Friday.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Living the life

Still here. Still not drinking.

Had a busy day organizing, although it seems like it will never end! But the REALLY good news is I got to spend some time with my adorable granddaughter tonight. She melts my heart <3

Have a good night everyone.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Welcome Anustart, glad you are here

Good job getting through your craving yesterday Elfie

Helen, I liked your story about the waterbed and drawers fitting your table, rarely do things work out like that. I had a waterbed for years too. My parents got it for me when I was in 7th grade and I had it until I was 27. I loved it, but yes it was kind of a pain at times

Congrats on day 7 kim!

Day 10
It has been kind of a stressful day. I am still at work and will probably be here for a while still. It's ok though it is quiet here and I have my dog with me so I am not worried about leaving her alone for too long and I can get a lot done because we are the only ones here, and I can play music .

Lots of not great things going on at work and everybody sends emails late Friday afternoon and I don't like to leave for the weekend with things left undone so I am here late most Friday nights. I don't really mind but someone sent me a very long email at 4:30pm and it wasn't a nice email and it was sent so late there was no one here to talk to about it and now I have to worry about it the whole weekend. I guess on the plus side, I am not going to drink over it.

I hope everyone is well and those in the path of the hurricane are staying safe.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

omg I failed...I should have seen this coming with the cravings that I was having. I should have told someone but I was scared they would stop me. I don't even remember the day or how this happened but I know that it did. I woke up and my husband had put a gatorade and water next to me. He had my daughter in bed with him.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hi Elfie, the best thing you can do is get right back up and start again.
Maybe try to figure out what triggered you so that you can be prepared for the next time it happens. I am glad you came right back.
Take care x
Old 10-07-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Elfie

I remember not wanting to tell anyone in case I was talked out of it too...I had to realise amd accept that the part of us that wants to drink will happily destroy us along the way.

D

D
Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

This is so frustrating! I am literally ruining my life...I have such a good husband that cares so much for me and our baby. I mean he bought me flowers when I was in the hospital for drinking and always makes sure that our daughter is cared for when I can't. Today he took all the keys, my ID and money out of the house so he could sleep in peace but I still found $20 and walked to different gas stations until I found someone that would sell to me without an IDs because I look 12 lol! I haven't drank what I bought yet but I know that I will and feel better because it's there. I had a good job, an amazing little baby girl, an awesome husband, a house, and money to pay the bills plus whatever I wanted to do. Now I probably don't have a job anymore, my baby is a risk of being taken from me, no one has said it, except my mom, but I know she should be, my husband can't stand me and doesn't trust me with our daughter and we are struggling financially. Hmmm keep drinking, yep makes a lot of sense to me. I actually wish i would get pregnant again because that was the only thing that kept me sober. Sorry I'm venting, this is my only outlet right now. I just want to scream HELP!! I don't want to accept to though because I feel like I'm failing at life. What is wrong with me?
Old 10-07-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to add that I'm always alone, I honestly doubt this would even be an issue if I had a normal life but my husband is gone for work Monday through Friday. I don't struggle at all on the weekends when he is home. My in-laws tried to help by giving me a place to stay during the week but it makes me feel like a failure for having to have a babysitter with my daughter. I did so well all week now I think I will have to stay with them
Old 10-07-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you decide to dump it Elfie.

I think the path to change is made up of many small decisions.

Make a positive decision Elfie