Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 3

Old 10-09-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRobster View Post
Day 16 for me. So glad I made the step and stopped drinking. I am off to get the groceries in a minute and I should get it done in half the time and for half the cost as I will not be spending time and money in the alcohol aisles.
Originally Posted by SoberRobster View Post
SoberRobster even lol
sorry SoberRobster
Old 10-10-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

My husband had the week off so I was a little worried about that. But I told him upfront that I was going to keep my sobriety date and I don't intend to drink or go gambling with him period!

I kept reminding us to notice how nice it feels to be without anxiety and regret. And in the mornings to be grateful that we didn't drink, because nobody ever wished they would of gotten drunk the night before.

So I'm proud to say this is my day 30 AF. =)
Old 10-10-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elfie312 View Post
I feel like I'm living a horrible dream that can't possibly be real but I know that things can be and will be much worse if I continue on this path. I am on day 2 and no longer alone. Having to have someone with me makes me feel like a terrible mother but I know it's what is best in the long run. I luckily still have the support of my family. I will keep moving forward from here.
"the first days are the hardest days..."

hangin there, it does get easier but it takes time.

The start of day 28 for me today, day 30 happens wednesday so thursday I hit that milestone.

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post

So I'm proud to say this is my day 30 AF. =)

Congrats on making it 30 days!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Day 15 for me. I'm looking forward to day 30, that will be a big accomplishment for me. I'm kind of bumming that there haven't been people in chat lately, that helped me a lot. Happy Monday everyone!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Living the life

Hi folks. Still here. Still not drinking.

Windancer I am hoping you find the strength to get through the cravings. I know you are working hard to keep yourself distracted and take care of those big furbabies.

Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments. 30 days is awesome Meshelly, and almost there Tekink!

I had my Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Everything turned out delicious and dinner was on time instead of running three hours late with two empty wine bottles on the counter interfering with my ability to coordinate a nice dinner lol. I served sparkling fruit juice in wine glasses and everyone loved it - both the flavour and the drinking something nice out of a wine glass at a nice dinner. This worked for everyone as my daughter is nursing and so doesn't drink, my husband doesn't drink and my mom will only have one glass of wine at the most because of driving so she didn't drink either. And my nine month old granddaughter loves turkey with the fixings lol. A good time was had by all and best of all no hangover today for me

Got lots of yard work to do today. Wishing everyone a good one.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
this is sheer hell.
I do get the logic of what you are saying Dee except there is no way I can endure this torture for that long. I am going to have to taper.

no, it isnt dangerous. it just has to run its course. feels like electric shocks zapping my body every 30 seconds
as someone who has gone through extreme opiate withdrawal I agree with Dee. Many symptoms overlap, so why go through it twice?

I don't know much about kratam but I do know junkies try to use it to relieve symptoms and get off the junk. It will soon be illegal in the USA, the DEA is moving it to schedule 1.

Something I've not said here before which I will now (in the sake of honesty) is that I am a legal dr. recommended medical cannabis patient. I have documented spinal issues that will cause chronic pain for the rest of my life. I used this as an alternative to opiate medication as I was not happy with the zombie that turned me into. It's turned my life around as I'm no longer taking that garbage. It does nothing to suppress alcohol cravings and does nothing to cause me to crave alcohol more. It has reduced my daily pain level from a constant 7-8 to a 3-6 where some days I forget about the pain altogether, overall I feel this is a much better alternative for my long term health. I'll not discuss this again as I know it's sensitive out there.

On to day 28!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Happy Monday, everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!

The weather was pretty crappy here this weekend so I spent most of my time indoors cleaning and watching a lot of TV. I have noticed that my place is much cleaner since I stopped drinking, although sobriety has done nothing for my hatred of laundry

I did have a bit of a test on Sunday night. A friend had a bon voyage party at a local restaurant/martini bar. Luckily, she was the only person I knew there and I don't really like to drink around strangers (fear of embarrassing myself, I guess) so I stuck with Perrier and lime.

HelenofTroy - Your dinner sounds lovely and you reminded me that I need to pick up some sparkling beverages today!

Windancer, I hope you're feeling better today.

Meshelly - Congrats on 30 days! That's awesome!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Well done Ladybee on 15 days, it's day 18 for me and I am really looking forward to hitting that 30 day mark as well. The great thing is that I feel more positive and determined now than even I felt on day 1 that I can't go back to drinking.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Oh and well done to MeShelly as well
Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Day 34. Still here just wanted to check in .. Been in a bit of a funk but hoping that goes away. Trying to remain positive. Have a good day all!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 34. Still here just wanted to check in .. Been in a bit of a funk but hoping that goes away. Trying to remain positive. Have a good day all!

I've been on a funk rollercoaster for the last four weeks, and it's not the p-funk kind of funk I enjoy. It's been an emotional whirlwind.

Hang in there, it'll go away soon enough!

One thing I've noticed about myself is that I'm finally actually to put together some thought out posts. For a while there it was a chore just to make the daily posts, reading everyone else's wasn't bad but I just couldn't get my mind to focus enough on getting my own thoughts out there.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I am doing ok. I'm upset that I've gotten myself in this position with kratom but it is what it is I guess.

Even if I thought I could do it, I don't see how it's possible to quit the kratom altogether right now. It's just too much and I've barely been out of bed for two days and I have to get my horses moved. And I feel that I am doing so well with the alcohol taking the kratom away completely right now will cause me to crash. I just don't have it in me right now, and I don't want to relapse because I'm biting off way more than I know I can chew. This withdrawal isn't going to go away in a couple days. Maybe 2-3 weeks. What this little break will do is lower my tolerance significantly so I can taper faster. I also have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I'll see what he thinks too....I'm always quite honest with him.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone,

Congratulations to everyone for having remained sober and I empathize with the physical and emotional challenges that so many of us endure - especially in the early days of sobriety.

I am happy to say I continue to remain sober (day 20). This has allowed me to continue to do some very deep "soul searching" as I work through the steps. I now truly understand the concept of "layers of an onion" as I have filled a couple of notebooks with my written thoughts to date.

Amends: I have begun to reach out to those I have hurt and been very straight with them, usually just stating "I owe you an apology".
Most have been gracious and even asked "what for" or just waited for me to explain.

The responses have been amazing. From handshakes to hugs.. only a couple have refused to accept my apologies.. I knew this could happpen.. Not all things can be easily forgiven.

I am now concentrating on dealing with my health issues. I know I was not in a place 3 weeks ago to fully comprehend fully the damages I have done to my body, let alone my mind.

Thank you all for your continued support,

Snarly
Old 10-10-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~
Congrats to everyone on their milestones

Day 13
I made it to my SMART meeting tonight. There was only 8 people there which was nice as I like smaller groups. Some of the things they talked about are things I am struggling with so I didn't leave the meeting feeling as optimistic as I normally do. That is ok though, it was good to be around other people and not feel like I have to hide as they are all there for a similar reason. I still haven't tried the Wednesday meeting. I want to though and I will one of these days.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow
Old 10-11-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
WWG1WGA

Day 1 for me again. ☹️️ I'm determined. I want to beat this. Had some eye-opening situations happen these past couple days I've been drinking. I hope it's the push I need to quit for good. I guess I will try one day at a time. I guess I need to find some meetings. I need help.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
WWG1WGA

Just realized it's October, not September... �� Meant to post that in October's thread.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

let us know what your Dr says windancer
welcome back goneundone

D
Old 10-11-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Kim, crappy weather is the perfect excuse to nest in front of the tv. I'm looking forward to doing that myself soon.

Soberrobster you are doing great! Glad to hear you are maintaining a strong resolve.

CAGY hope you are able to keep your chin up.

Tekink I too am loving having a clear head. I feel like my brain is firing on all cylinders now. It's harder for anyone to challenge me on recent conversations as my memory is getting better. I am also more efficient at remembering things I need to do.

Windancer I have no advice and you certainly don't need any from me; you know yourself best and what is in your best interests and capabilities. Good luck with your dr's appointment.

Snarly you are doing SO well. I am amazed at the gains you have made since joining us. Well done! I am glad you are able to start looking at health issues. We need to take care of ourselves, no one else is going to do that for us.

Emme I am glad you have found a program that works for you and that the meetings are helping.

Goneundone you are welcome here anytime.

I slept pretty well last night once I got to sleep. I doze off early enough but then am suddenly wide awake and can't seem to settle again for an hour or so. I used to put this down to booze but that's clearly not the issue now so maybe it's just old age. Or maybe it's the fact that besides my husband I've also got a 100lb German Shepherd and at least one of two cats on my bed lol (and the cat needs to be cuddled up to me if not laying on top of me). We have an overcast day today. I am going to focus on running some errands and getting some housework done.

Have a good one everyone
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I had a great night sleep. Crashed at 11 and didn't wake until 5:30ish. I was able to nod back off after getting up and drinking some water and slept until 7:30.

Waking up only once during the night is rare enough but 6+ hours of uninterrupted sleep is something I've not had since I kicked the pain meds. This time WD made the insomnia worse, it's the first time I've had that symptom of withdrawal (on top of the insomnia I already have).

starting day 29
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 14. No major dramas, I seem to be coping with work and the ex quite well and I feel so proud of myself that I haven't given in.

I hope everyone is ok, I'll read through the tread when I get in from work but in the meantime wishing SunflowerLife a safe passage out the hurricane. Stay safe x