Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 3

Old 10-08-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me. So glad I made the step and stopped drinking. I am off to get the groceries in a minute and I should get it done in half the time and for half the cost as I will not be spending time and money in the alcohol aisles.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

WOW.

It's so good to be here.
I got really lost and took a trip by accident to visit the September 2013 class! LOL
Old 10-08-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks. Slept really well with the windows open last night. Long weekend here in Canada so hubby got to come home a day early last night. I'll be making the turkey dinner with all the fixings tomorrow so I have lots to do to get ready. Won't be on here much but I'll be thinking of all of you.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Morning Everyone. @Helen of Troy, you made me laugh this morning. This was always a source of embarrassment. I would want the money for my empties so I would lug my recycling box back to the store for some money, which I would promptly put right back into booze. Soon my box was full every other day. Tall boy cans, full to the brim The recycling store guys knew me. I was right inline with the little old ladies with their shopping carts full of cans and bottles. So I go sick of it, instead of being embarrassed I would put the bottles in my recycling bin for the city to pick up. Just give my money away, which would bother me too. I was such a drunk I could even go to the store and get free money! Pathetic.

Its been 42 days here. Body is feeling great. My mind not so much. I was I wasn't thinking about drinking so much. I just want to sit down and enjoy one. It needs to get out of my head. Sounds stupid but its almost exhausting. I would love to dedicate some time to thinking about other stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
we don't have bottle deposits here, just curb side recycling you pay the city to pick up.

That said you should've heard the sound of that giant bin of glass being dumped into the truck, I'm sure the whole neighborhood could hear it. Alas I live in a college town so it's probably not really out of place.

As for the exhaustion, I think that's part of the recovery! I'm not even craving this time and I'm exhausted, withdrawals were extra bad this time and the thought of alcohol makes my body hurt. I'm finding this acceptance to also be exhausting to the point it gives me a headache sometimes.

Day 26 today. Tuesday will be 30. Good job everyone and good luck!

Originally Posted by Elfie312 View Post
omg I failed...I should have seen this coming with the cravings that I was having. I should have told someone but I was scared they would stop me. I don't even remember the day or how this happened but I know that it did. I woke up and my husband had put a gatorade and water next to me. He had my daughter in bed with him.
Stop again! A slip made it very easy for me to slide back into the pit.

Don't beat yourself up, learn from it and move on. Dwelling on it will only feed your AV. Stress with my wife was a huge trigger for me. My AV would start telling me death by alcohol is a consideration to this endless nagging.

I actually sat down and told my wife that when she gets on me like that it drives me to drink for that very reason.

She replied "Do you really feel that way?" To which I responded "No, it's just what the addiction tells me in my head".

She replied in a very sincere way "that sucks".

It was a pivotal point in both our relationship and my recovery. It shined so much light on my AV that it stopped it dead in it's tracks. I had just read through the AVRT crash course and everything started to click from there. That previous night was the last craving I had. I needed to tell her because prior to that the last time I made it two weeks a little spat made me relapse for 6 weeks or so.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone!! Finally got an email from that job I was supposed to have a phone interview with yesterday..rescheduling til Monday. It is kind of rude that my interview was at 1030 and wasn't contacted until 330.. But oh well. I was able to get to a meeting and it was pretty good. I try to get to at least one a week. I hope everyone has a soberriffic weekend and if you're struggling reach out here first. Stay close! Day 32
Old 10-08-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada -hope you all have a good and sober weekend

Elfie - sorry to hear that but good you are back so soon. It might be useful to step up your plan or support network or time on SR or all 3 especially at times you are feeling alone or stressed. can you get to mother and baby/toddler groups near where you live? This may help you feel less alone. I know how isolating and daunting it can feel with a young child but there are many mothers out there in similar positions who I'm sure would be happy to meet with you. Local churches, nurseries, libraries, town halls etc usually have toddler groups every week.

Great news on getting the interview rescheduled CAGY. It must have been frustrating for you but you got through it without booze

Quiet day here. I went to sleep last night at 10pm and although got up briefly in the night I slept until 10am! I have not slept in that late in years! feel totally relaxed it's so bizarre.

Still feel tired which seems crazy. Been out for food and now going to bed. Night all. Happy sober Saturday.x
Old 10-08-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Ugh I can't sleep.

My body hurts. I've been using an auger to dig holes for the fencing to my corral, and man I have more respect for the pioneers every moment. The horses should be here in a week or so.

I have a problem. I think I have mentioned on here once that I had an addiction to a plant called kratom. I've been on it for a year. i have run out and I forgot it is a long weekend and I won't get a new shipment until Tuesday. This isn't good. The withdrawals coming off this stuff are like opiates.

Goodie.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Kratom in a legal plant here in canada. I was planning on dealing with that addiction after I some sober time from alcohol.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it windancer. I've not heard of that plant. Sending hugs
Old 10-09-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with it but I know from threads in the sub abuse forum it's not great stuff to come off of....

not medical advice but just Dee thinking...if you have to go without for a few days anyway. maybe it's worth trying to push through without it even after Monday?

D
Old 10-09-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Day 17 for me.

Snarly - How are you doing, as I haven't been reading the forums much this weekend?
Old 10-09-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

congrats on day 17, day 27 for me!
Old 10-09-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 17 soberrooster and 27 tetink and everyone else on their milestones.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

SoberRobster even lol
Old 10-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~

Congrats on day 17 SoberRobster and day 27 tekink

Thinking of you Windancer and hoping the withdrawals aren't as bad as anticipated.

Sunflowerlife, wondering how you are doing? Still praying for everyone impacted by the hurricane.

Day 12
What seems to be even more of a struggle right now than not drinking is following my diet. I know what I can eat and I am not really even craving food I can't eat but having the food prepared and available is what is hard for me. I am getting ready to go to the store and get some ground turkey, chicken, fruit, vegetables, etc. I am going to try to buy the fruit & vegetables already prepared. I know it is more expensive but it is still a lot less than what I was spending on alcohol.

I am not having any cravings yet. The thought of drinking has crossed my mind but as someone else I think from this class said, it is more of just thoughts and not cravings. I feel so much better physically that I don't even want to consider going back, and mentally I feel more positive. I don't know if it was because I was drinking away my anxiety or what, but even though I feel more positive, I have been having anxiety attacks for the last 5 days. My body feels like I have chills, I can't see anything except flashes of light, I can only hear static and sometimes I can't move, although that doesn't happen every time but even when it doesn't, I feel disoriented and have trouble walking, etc. Most of the time they only happen at night so I suppose that is better than having them all day . I have tried meditation but never stick with it. I think I need to try again, or breathing exercises, or something.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone and Happy Monday
Old 10-09-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Yes Sunflower check in sista!
Day 33. My Vikings are 5-0 . Woo hoo. Just watching a movie called "No Escape" sippin iced coffee (Pumpkin Spice of course) hope everyone has a good evening,
Old 10-09-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Elfie...

... I know the post-blackout doldrums and the pain, self-loathing, and fear they bring so, so well. Please stay strong and keep trying.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

this is sheer hell.
I do get the logic of what you are saying Dee except there is no way I can endure this torture for that long. I am going to have to taper.

no, it isnt dangerous. it just has to run its course. feels like electric shocks zapping my body every 30 seconds
Old 10-09-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Day 15

Standing strong. I met a friend yesterday in Ybor City in Tampa which is basically Bourbon Street in Florida but I stayed with Diet Coke and water. I feel like my friend slowed her drinking down because I wasn't imbibing, but it is what it is. She didn't ask why I wasn't drinking and I didn't offer.

So onwards and upwards. Stay strong, folks.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Moving forward day 2

I feel like I'm living a horrible dream that can't possibly be real but I know that things can be and will be much worse if I continue on this path. I am on day 2 and no longer alone. Having to have someone with me makes me feel like a terrible mother but I know it's what is best in the long run. I luckily still have the support of my family. I will keep moving forward from here.