Notices

Weekender Thread 22-25 September 2016

Old 09-22-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Happy Autumn enders! Weekends were the best as a kid! I'm in for another sober weekend!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Evening everyone xx
Old 09-22-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Here's a question for you guys? How do you distance yourself from someone?
After locking myself away in my parents attic for so many years, I've probably been enjoying my freedom a bit too much.
I went on a grand total of 2 dates with a guy and he actually mentioned marriage tonight. I'm not sure if he was joking or what but it's making me uncomfortable.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I would treat it as a joke Tetra, albeit in pretty poor taste. If it wasn't he will surely raise the subject again
Old 09-22-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yeah but he keeps mentioning "our relationship" which I find very irritating.

I'll leave it for now and think about it at the weekend.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Two dates is a bit premature for marriage talk or even relationship talk. It's hard to tell at that point if you even like the other person. Maybe ask him if he's joking?

São, I feel your pain. I think I'll be working until they carry my cold body out of the office. I made supremely poor decisions about retirement early on that are biting me now. It's disheartening.

Autumn? It's hot still. I'm grateful that the local swimming pool bowed to pressure to stay open until the last weekend of this month

I'm glad it's the end of the week. I don't fear drinking. I'm worn out. Monday and Tuesday were busy, high stress. I did really well. Come wednesday I put on the brakes and I've been exhausted since.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I also wonder whether I'll have enough in retirement. And I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

Tetra, if this fellow is making you uncomfortable, I'd say email him a brief note to say you have had a pleasant time with him but that your paths are not headed in the same direction. Wish him well, but end of story.

Or, if you want to keep seeing him, tell him that you enjoy his company but that he needs to back down if you are to continue because his mention of marriage makes you uncomfortable.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

That's all good advice! Thanks guys

The one aspect of my life which I am immensely proud of is my working life. Today one of the girls asked me how I was getting on? I didn't want to say "I'm brilliant thanks!" I told her "some days I think I'm doing ok. Other days I'm not so sure". She said "nah don't worry. You seem to be flying it".

I often go for a walk around the college in the evening. There's a small coffee shop there which I know very well. When I first started working in the hospital 2 years ago, the first few weeks I was so scared. I could not even bring myself to eat lunch with my colleagues at the time. I used to leave at lunchtime and go to the coffee shop in the university and sit there. I walked past it last night and thought you have come a long way.

At work this week they were planning the Christmas party. (I know!) They seem very excited about it because the doctors always pick the best restaurants. Well I've picked out my dress already. I'm sad to say that this would have been unthinkable for me two years ago.

There is hope for all of us.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

All in here....thanks for the intro Dee -

Delilah, congrats on shotgun! Although I suspect it was another night of insomnia for you??

Count me in on making bad retirement decisions. - Doing my best to make up for it now but it will never be what it could have been. Not beating myself up over it though....just glad to be Sober.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I Just Keep Coming Back

I'm in for another sober weekend! I scored tickets to the opening celebration at the brand new African American History Museum in Washington, DC this weekend.

I can't wait...it's going to be awesome. The Freedom Bell that was used to alert slaves of the Emancipation Proclamation was delivered to the nation's capital earlier this week and President Obama will ring it during the opening ceremony!

Drunk VQ would have given the tickets to someone else because she would be to hungover to even think about going.

Praise God for sobriety!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

im in! today is day 6 so tomorrow is 7 i need to stay sober this weekend
Old 09-22-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

SoberandHealthy, welcome to weekenders and congratulations on day 6. You can do it but stick close.

VibrantQueen, that's great that you got tickets! Enjoy.

It's bedtime and I'm going to have ice cream. Saved me in the beginning and it's still important.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

thank you Ruby! i love the marchesa Casati as well
Old 09-22-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Welcome to Weekenders Soberandhealthy and congratulations on 6 days. You can do it.

Way to go Vibrant Queen, I read a bit about that museum. Glad you are going

One more workday 'till the weekend

Hi Hooooo
Old 09-22-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

Still trying to wrap my head about the situation i am in.

I cried almost for two days non-stop - luckily didnt have to communicate much with my boss because, well, it shows that I cry at work.

I feel that powerless rage that in the past I let people treat me like s**t because I thought something wrong was with me.

I know, I cant take it back, but i hurts immensely.

Living the entire life seing myself and the entire world through cracked mirror and realizing that nothing of that I took as reality was actually true.

Everything around reminds me of pain.

Nothing but pain.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hugs mb
Xx
Morning all. Gotta get up now. Mr p staying in bed ... touch of flu like symptoms xx
Old 09-22-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sleep is over rated. Waiting for the sun to rise in 3 hours so I can go for a run. The place I go wold not feel safe in the dark. Guess I will try to lay the head back down. See ya's! ZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzzz......
Old 09-23-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I'm in!
Day 5 for me and determined to have a sober weekend. Still ashamed that last Sunday night my husband found me passed out with a half empty bottle of brandy. He already knew I had had a bottle of wine with dinner!

He was concerned about my drinking but wasn't aware just how bad it was.
I don't want to lose him and am determined to beat this horrible addiction.

I know I have a long road ahead but have started my journey.
Have a great (sober) weekend everyone
😊😊
Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's heading into the pointy end of Friday night here so I just wanted to check in and reassure everyone, including those who may have not posted before, that Weekenders thread is for everyone and you will always find support here

Just jump right in and post

MB I'm sorry you're so low.

Sometimes bad stuff happens to good people...sometimes some situations drag on and on...it's not karma or punishment, just a rough period.

All we can do is hold our head high and do our best.

Day will always follow even the darkest night.

I hope this coming week will be kinder to you, though

D
Old 09-23-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm in ! Officially into day 17