Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-19-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Away child free, very relaxing. DH had about 8 pints and then went to the car to fetch wine. He said something about me judging him he was joking when he said it. I said how can I judge you when I have a drinking problem and he said you don't have a problem.

It was only a month ago he was agreeing I had a problem. How quickly they forget when it suits them.

This is exactly what happened last time I gave up, which convinced me I could handle a drink if I moderated. Not going to listen this time. I think he likes when I drink because he can feel better re his drinking and when I rant and have no memories he can look like the better person.

Sounds like we aren't getting on and we are. But just need to be aware that it is up to me to remember where I was at with drinking and not go backwards.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
Away child free, very relaxing. DH had about 8 pints and then went to the car to fetch wine. He said something about me judging him he was joking when he said it. I said how can I judge you when I have a drinking problem and he said you don't have a problem. It was only a month ago he was agreeing I had a problem. How quickly they forget when it suits them. This is exactly what happened last time I gave up, which convinced me I could handle a drink if I moderated. Not going to listen this time. I think he likes when I drink because he can feel better re his drinking and when I rant and have no memories he can look like the better person. Sounds like we aren't getting on and we are. But just need to be aware that it is up to me to remember where I was at with drinking and not go backwards.
That must be so hard Oswin. My husband was the same and it took him a while to admit and believe that truly can never drink again. With your husband having his own drinking issues I imagine this is ten times harder. He probably mentioned your are judging him because he is absolutely judging himself. And who wouldn't after that much beer.

Keep working on you and keep staying strong as you are. Do you see a therapist or have a support group? I can't remember if I asked you already. There must be some good ideas out there as to how to tackle our own sobriety what your partner isn't on board and or supportive. And I get that you guys are getting along but he has to understand what you are going through right now and it sounds like he doesn't even want to hear it. I'm sorry. I do think your strength is admirable. Don't ever forget that you CAN do this despite him and despite the sneaky AV.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Also sending hugs SF. He sounds like he rewrites what is happening all the time. Which can make you feel like your cracking up. The fact he says he hasn't lied to you when he blatantly has seems like he believes the version of lies he has created. Hope you can talk to him and get it sorted.
Exactly and this is what scares me because I have already been with two pathological liars so what if he is yet another one? His last two words to me last night were that "we live in two different realities." He uses this a lot when we fight almost as a way to imply that I am crazy or irrational in my thinking and behavior. I don't know what to do anymore but I think I need to sit down with him tonight and discuss what will happen from here. It's either he addresses these issues in therapy or we separate. I feel that strongly about lying and honestly I can't trust him anymore.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

SFL
I know each of us has to learn how to accept and deal with our responses to life stuff , good and bad. I turned to drink for a long long time.
That being said, I can't handle the drunk/drive w kids.
He's in his own denial situation, based on what I've read in your post.
I hope today finds things a little better. I know my life now is affected by my response to it. I can only affect what's inside me- literally. Only if I surrender can I have a chance to not screw it up.
That's so hard for me. I can't do life without a higher power. I just can't.

(( Hugs ))
Old 08-19-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
SFL I know each of us has to learn how to accept and deal with our responses to life stuff , good and bad. I turned to drink for a long long time. That being said, I can't handle the drunk/drive w kids. He's in his own denial situation, based on what I've read in your post. I hope today finds things a little better. I know my life now is affected by my response to it. I can only affect what's inside me- literally. Only if I surrender can I have a chance to not screw it up. That's so hard for me. I can't do life without a higher power. I just can't. (( Hugs ))
thank you so much. Do you mean I shouldn't be upset about it? I wish I could accept the lying but it is a hill to die on for me. I know I can't change him, you are right about that. But don't I have the right to say what I am and am not willing to put up with? Please don't read tone into this, I am really just trying to understand what you mean- I need all the advice I can get as my head is spinning.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I really wish I could meet with my therapist again today. I feel so lost and I don't know how I am going to get through the weekend with him here.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Congrats Oswin on a month !And ID on a week! Optimist, I must have jumped a day if you are 20 today. So I'm 21. Have to be vigilant again today. A work event next week is getting me frazzled.
I had to double check my date! :-) July 30, so yes it was 20 days.
Congrats on 21 Penny!!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
It's quiet here today. Is everyone at work?
I was up to my eyeballs in work, and then when I got home, more work...I need a wife.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Not me haha.. Day 29. Congrats on a month Oswin! Have a good day all! Stay strong class!
Cute, you're doing so well! How are you feeling? Are you working any kind of plan? Do you stay away from certain places or people?

Have you ever checked into the 24 Hour Recovery thread? Just post once a day to recommit every day. It really helps me...

Great job!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Bad day a work.
2 hrs to go.
Sorry about that, JL. Don't let it get you down...
Old 08-19-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
I do. My SO and I are going to tackle a huge tree in our yard, which is a pain in the butt, to be honest. I'm considering taping the whole thing, something is bound to go wrong and I might win big bucks if I send it to AFV... lol

Hang in there, JL.

I always had my cell phone ready to call 911 whenever my ex got on a ladder or held a power tool. Something always happened to him, LOL!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Thank you so much
It was bad. Got too hot, got sick, then got told on by troublemakers saying I wasn't doing any work.
At my job ppl pour it on when they smell blood in the water. It's like that most places I suppose.
I lost my focus and started whining about me, to me, in my head, the rest of the day.
I used to drink when I did that long enough.
Trusting a higher power is hard.
Giving my crap day to him is easy- since I made my own mess of it.
Love your attitude, JL. He never tires of taking our crap :-)
Old 08-19-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post

Someone tell me I am wrong and that I am overreacting. I am at a loss here. Seriously just wish I could walk away from him.
I don't think you're overreacting at all, Sunflower. I would be livid if my children were in a car with a driver that had been drinking.

Is there any way you can get into couples counseling? I found that to be very helpful (even though we got divorced). My ex had so many issues that would eventually come to light in a session, whether it was by him blowing up or arguing with me (which he did frequently).

Keeping you in my thoughts. Stay strong!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I am an emotional mess right now. Just when I thought we were actually doing better this crap has to happen. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know how to deal with my life right now. I feel so stuck. I don't want any part of it.
I'm so sorry, Sunflower. I still think couples counseling is the way to go. Being married to a prolific and chronic liar is dreadful. My ex was one. Just don't drink, ok? Stay here and keep pouring out your heart.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

This is exactly what happened last time I gave up, which convinced me I could handle a drink if I moderated. Not going to listen this time. I think he likes when I drink because he can feel better re his drinking and when I rant and have no memories he can look like the better person.

Sounds like we aren't getting on and we are. But just need to be aware that it is up to me to remember where I was at with drinking and not go backwards.
You're doing great, Oswin. It is up to you and you can do this. I'm not sure how strong I could be if I had an spouse that was always drinking, especially this early in the game. Just keep moving forward!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I don't think you're overreacting at all, Sunflower. I would be livid if my children were in a car with a driver that had been drinking. Is there any way you can get into couples counseling? I found that to be very helpful (even though we got divorced). My ex had so many issues that would eventually come to light in a session, whether it was by him blowing up or arguing with me (which he did frequently). Keeping you in my thoughts. Stay strong!
Thank you Optimist. We just started the other week but she wants to see us individually next and we both have appointments next week for that. I am going to call today to make sure we can get in to see her together the following week. I NEED his issues to be brought to light because as far as I can tell he doesn't think he has any.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I'm so sorry, Sunflower. I still think couples counseling is the way to go. Being married to a prolific and chronic liar is dreadful. My ex was one. Just don't drink, ok? Stay here and keep pouring out your heart.
No chance I am drinking, don't you worry about that. I am beyond committed this time. Going to my first AA meeting (since 2007) on Sunday. Looking forward to it!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I really wish I could meet with my therapist again today. I feel so lost and I don't know how I am going to get through the weekend with him here.
Can you find a meeting somewhere? Keep busy, Sunflower and if you have to, pretend he's not there. Can you call your therapist?

Old 08-19-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Thank you Optimist. We just started the other week but she wants to see us individually next and we both have appointments next week for that. I am going to call today to make sure we can get in to see her together the following week. I NEED his issues to be brought to light because as far as I can tell he doesn't think he has any.
Good. They will eventually come to light, I'm sure of it <3
Old 08-19-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Day 21 and feeling good, except for what I now believe are my allergies. The rain has made it so moldy, I can hardly breathe. Ugh. Thankfully, my basement is dried out from the flood.

What's everyone doing this weekend? I had planned to watch a few of my granddaughter's soccer games (they're in a tournament this weekend) and hang out with them, but I really need to start emptying the basement so I can get new carpeting down there. I am NOT looking forward to that...where the heck am I going to put stuff that occupied a 24x24 area? This will be a good time to weed out stuff I guess. Anyway, that's my plan. And maybe some yard work.

Got a meeting to prep for so everyone have a great day!