Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-23-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through Optimist. Anxiety is such a killer! Forester, that's great news!

I'm very extremely annoyed at spouse who got layed off two weeks ago and did not tell me. Had 2 weeks notice. Yesterday he was sitting around in morning and said he took the day off. Finally last night he told me.

I'm very pissed off. He will sit around playing video games like a teenager doing nothing. . Only good thing is my drinking time was when I Ditched early and drank a bottle or so before he got home. Soooo, no temptation during that time now.

I am one that needs alone time, and had a couple hours in the morning and afternoon, not now! Sorry for the vent!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

50 Days. CHECK. damn. I don't know how I'm doing this.

Sunflower - I'm really sorry about your difficult situation. This sounds really hard to deal with. Seems to me that you're with an alcoholic. I agree with Dee and others, I'd like to see you with a lot of support. I know you have the therapist, that's excellent. Did you attempt AA? Because I'm feeling that might help. Women helping women in a group. I have confidence that those ladies have seen what exactly you're going through, many times. Just a suggestion. I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers (at least my version of prayers). Sending Love Sunfl.

I find I'm not counting my blessings. I want more and more. However, I have busted my tail to accomplish this. I have no wife, GF, no one, to interfere with this, which is good. I shut down my friendships. They know what I'm doing and are in support of me, but I can't hang out with them (my decision). I don't think my family has any clue what 50 days means. Totally clueless. My brother asked me to stop at the booze store for Jim Beam and Tanguerary on my way to my nephew's party. This was sent by text which I didn't bother returning. He asked about it when I got there and I said, 'I never agreed to that. I haven't been in a liquor store in 47 days, in case you haven't noticed.' He was infuriated. Total IDIOT. Could I have done that and not drank? Probably. This is a matter a principle. It's his and my sister's rule that I can't drink if I want to maintain family help. If he doesn't like it... I think you know what I'm going to say. Plus ZERO credit from anyone on that. I'm never doing enough. Just the not drinking is a massive thing. Never mind all of the other stuff I'm doing.

I'm also very frustrated that my dad has come around and he wants to help me out with getting out of here, but it's complex with my brother and sister involved.

I have my therapist tomorrow. The apartment is 90% cleared out. I have a huge loft and I'd filled it with collections for 18 years. It's all gone. Even things like clothes, I got rid of about 5, 35 gallon totes of clothes. I also cleaned like heck. Scrubbing.

Ok. Till tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

You can't drink if you want my support, but stop by and get me some booze on the way over...

That's just insane mate, good on you for refusing to do that.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Things better at the moment. Had to go in to the office last 2 days, usually work from home. Usually going in to the office is an ordeal for me as my anxiety goes in to overload. But due to the fact I wasn't paranoid I stank of last night's alcohol and the fact I wasn't hungover found it so much easier to deal with. Husband hasn't drank for last 2 days, that's also made life easier.

Off out for a run, then an 8 hour shift at home this time. Hope everyone having better days
Old 08-24-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Glad you made it through Optimist. Anxiety is such a killer! Forester, that's great news! I'm very extremely annoyed at spouse who got layed off two weeks ago and did not tell me. Had 2 weeks notice. Yesterday he was sitting around in morning and said he took the day off. Finally last night he told me. I'm very pissed off. He will sit around playing video games like a teenager doing nothing. . Only good thing is my drinking time was when I Ditched early and drank a bottle or so before he got home. Soooo, no temptation during that time now. I am one that needs alone time, and had a couple hours in the morning and afternoon, not now! Sorry for the vent!
Penny, I would be livid as well. I am so sorry that he kept something so huge from you and lied to you. I need that alone time as well so I understand. Is he going to start looking for something new? Hang in there and I hope he can apologize so that you can move on from this.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
50 Days. CHECK. damn. I don't know how I'm doing this. Sunflower - I'm really sorry about your difficult situation. This sounds really hard to deal with. Seems to me that you're with an alcoholic. I agree with Dee and others, I'd like to see you with a lot of support. I know you have the therapist, that's excellent. Did you attempt AA? Because I'm feeling that might help. Women helping women in a group. I have confidence that those ladies have seen what exactly you're going through, many times. Just a suggestion. I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers (at least my version of prayers). Sending Love Sunfl. I find I'm not counting my blessings. I want more and more. However, I have busted my tail to accomplish this. I have no wife, GF, no one, to interfere with this, which is good. I shut down my friendships. They know what I'm doing and are in support of me, but I can't hang out with them (my decision). I don't think my family has any clue what 50 days means. Totally clueless. My brother asked me to stop at the booze store for Jim Beam and Tanguerary on my way to my nephew's party. This was sent by text which I didn't bother returning. He asked about it when I got there and I said, 'I never agreed to that. I haven't been in a liquor store in 47 days, in case you haven't noticed.' He was infuriated. Total IDIOT. Could I have done that and not drank? Probably. This is a matter a principle. It's his and my sister's rule that I can't drink if I want to maintain family help. If he doesn't like it... I think you know what I'm going to say. Plus ZERO credit from anyone on that. I'm never doing enough. Just the not drinking is a massive thing. Never mind all of the other stuff I'm doing. I'm also very frustrated that my dad has come around and he wants to help me out with getting out of here, but it's complex with my brother and sister involved. I have my therapist tomorrow. The apartment is 90% cleared out. I have a huge loft and I'd filled it with collections for 18 years. It's all gone. Even things like clothes, I got rid of about 5, 35 gallon totes of clothes. I also cleaned like heck. Scrubbing. Ok. Till tomorrow.
You are rockin it V- that is so awesome and inspiring! Thank you for the support, I am considering the meetings just wish they had one during the evenings on a weekday (women's group is Sunday nights.)

Your brother is clueless indeed but I am so glad you let him have it! Some people really make me wonder. It's like they don't take even a second to try to understand what someone else is going through.

Good for you for getting the apartment cleared out and purged- must feel so good to be starting fresh! Good luck in therapy and with the move. When do you officially move out?
Old 08-24-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Stay with us Optimist

D
Wouldn't even think of leaving, Dee!!!! Thank you :-)
Old 08-24-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I have to rush off to work, I overslept a bit. I hope everyone has a great day. So sorry your husband was laid off and didn't tell you Penny!
I loved how you handled that Viperidea. Made me laugh and proud of you!
Oswin, I know what you mean about going in sober and not hungover. It really is a confidence booster!
Today is two weeks for me! Again. But I'm working it this time!
Happy day to all!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I hope the meetings good Karen. I'm winding down, kids bathed laundry load done ( wash/dry) not folding CRAP on a workday. Read pgs out of a book for a nightly reading of recovery stuff.

I hope we all get some good rest. Gnite
Ps - blew any healthy eating out of the water this evening. Ho hum . Not caring. Sober is enough today.
You sound like my son, JL. He does all the laundry and most of the cooking in his family...growing up, both kids learned how to do everything around the house. My son can clean a bathroom like nobody's business, LOL!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Glad you made it Optimist. Sorry about the bad memories triggering your anxiety. Hope the meeting was a good one and that you can wake up refreshed tomorrow.
It was a good meeting, Sunflower. I talked about my trigger for anxiety and was able to help another woman identify her trigger. It had been baffling her for years. I love when that happens...
Old 08-24-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Glad you made it through Optimist. Anxiety is such a killer! Forester, that's great news!

I'm very extremely annoyed at spouse who got layed off two weeks ago and did not tell me. Had 2 weeks notice. Yesterday he was sitting around in morning and said he took the day off. Finally last night he told me.

I'm very pissed off. He will sit around playing video games like a teenager doing nothing. . Only good thing is my drinking time was when I Ditched early and drank a bottle or so before he got home. Soooo, no temptation during that time now.

I am one that needs alone time, and had a couple hours in the morning and afternoon, not now! Sorry for the vent!
Oh, Penny, that has to be very stressful...hope he finds something soon..Glad you have no temptation now...
Old 08-24-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
50 Days. CHECK. damn. I don't know how I'm doing this.

Fantastic, Viperidae!!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Penny
Husbands suck....
No wait...

My lesson this morning- spiritual axiom
If I'm upset about something, it's because there's something wrong with me--
God that's a PILL to swallow. Just read this
Old 08-24-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator