Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-11-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

A huge trigger for me is exhaustion. Drinking gives me temporary and false energy. I have energy for dishes and laundry and kiddo's fighting. Last night I was prepping things for a yard sale and was like a mad woman running around grabbing things to sell.

I need to find a way to get more energy.

My little one is nowhere close to sleeping through the night so that is very very hard right now.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hey Apple, I hear ya. Exhaustion. Me too.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Penny that anxiety flat kills me for about 2 weeks.
I'm finding that really plowing into some recovery programs is helping me. I've always felt crazy and different. Now I goto meetings in a room full of crazy and different people. The description of actions and thinking of an alcoholic are me, up one side and down the other. Denial would've been the death of me, simply because I always feel crazy when I stop drinking.
The mental obsession and physical craving for booze is gone. Just for today it's gone.
Right here, right now is the only place I can live, sober. I can't make it thinking about the past or worrying about the future.
I have to surrender 50 times a day, but God willing, I'll goto bed sober tonight.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

So are there online meetings?
What are SMART meetings?

I would love to log on after kids are in bed and surrender myself.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Optimist, I'm taking theanine for anxiety. Not doing anything so far this time. I took it before and thought it helped. Valerian helps me, but tastes and smells like dirty feet! Interesting what your therapist said about morning anxiety. I'm a lifelong insomniac, so perhaps the morning anxiety is from DARN I'm awake after 3 hours of sleep in childhood.
Someone told me to try Kava Kava for anxiety...I haven't but was wondering if anyone has?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Hi julyers, just wanted to pop in and say that I've been sober for a month and one day X
Old 08-11-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Day 22. JL I feel u on the one day at a time thing. I may stop counting after 30. I think sometimes the number or just the counting can be a stress/ trigger..who knows. Apple I've known u for a bit and just from ur posts alone I can tell how great of a Mom/Wife u are. Chin up sista! :-). Nice to see u Sansa! Thank u Viper And Sun you all are slaying it! Have a good day/evening all!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Apple I think there are online AA meetings but my 3 yr old poured koolaid on my laptop a few months ago. My wife's got a cheap one for night classes so I don't mess with it as not to lose her class stuff.
I think the SMART meetings are in person, none close to me.
I got to be honest. I have so many levels of self BS, that I put off going to a meeting for about a yr or two. I can't and don't want to remember how awful I use to feel, back then.
The entire AA big book ( handbook) , you can google and read a chapter at a time, I think. I look up stuff all the time in it. I know other ppl on here may have more experience with it. I'm a newcomer there.
I think it'll help you. Like others said, you're a good mom . You deserve every shot at a good life there is.
A life free from alcoholism
Old 08-11-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Who pured my wine into my lap?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Optimist.. I haven't tried Kava Kava but read it works great, but can cause liver damage. I figured I have damaged my liver enough. So far the Valerian has worked best for me, and the RR. Everyone is different.

I left left Valerian at home and can't find the RR now, I thought it was in my purse. Hands are shaking, this blows.

Apple, there are online SMART meetings.I did a couple super late at night, there were a lot of Brits attending, which was fun for me. It's a good program. I have been hesitant about AA, but wrote down times and locations, so that's a start.

JL, I am so glad AA is working for you. Also helped one of our classmates from an earlier class.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
Who pured my wine into my lap?
What's going on ID?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Hi julyers, just wanted to pop in and say that I've been sober for a month and one day X
Wow! Fantastic!
Old 08-11-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Just finished day 21. . Internet was down yesterday. Will wake up on day 22. Hope ur feeling better and get a good night rest optimist. Hope all is well with everyone.
You're doing great, Cute! Any particular struggles?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's my allergies. All I could smell the other day was mold...it was suffocating. It's always sumpin'...
Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Optimist, I hope your bionic nose gives it a rest today and that you are feeling better. Did you get some good sleep last night?
Thanks Sunflower...Wow did I ever. I think I was out within 30 minutes of getting into my pjs, LOL.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Great to hear from you Sansa! Apple- keep trying! Glad you came back! What is the #1 trigger for you?

Had my morning panic (anxiety#1 trigger). Doing everything I know to manage it. Can't find my journal of last withdrawal, but I do remember this increasing anxiety until about 3-4 weeks? When did y'all feel it lessening? 2 weeks today!

Cristina, so sorry you are going thru a tough time. It must be very hard to have alcohol in the house. Keep checking in here xoxo
I actually felt it sooner this time, Penny. The times I slipped prior to this, was only 1 drink, and I never drank enough to get sick or hung over. I think that's why the anxiety left quicker this time. However, I know it was my anxiety that drove my drinking so you will have to figure out how to deal with it eventually. Hugs....
Old 08-11-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 22. JL I feel u on the one day at a time thing. I may stop counting after 30. I think sometimes the number or just the counting can be a stress/ trigger..who knows. Apple I've known u for a bit and just from ur posts alone I can tell how great of a Mom/Wife u are. Chin up sista! :-). Nice to see u Sansa! Thank u Viper And Sun you all are slaying it! Have a good day/evening all!
Well, you may stop counting but I'm sure someone here will remember!
Old 08-11-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I don't want to offend any non-Christians, so be forewarned.

At my meeting on Tuesday, we talked about how we need to stop drinking, shopping, lying, cheating, being prideful. If you imagine all those things listed to the right on a board under "Things to stop doing" (and your list might be longer or shorter). Now imagine the heading "Things to start doing". The only item listed there is "Follow God". Now, what's easier? Trying to not do all that stuff or just doing one thing? Hopefully , everything else will fall into place...
Old 08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Yeah... You offended me. There's no God here.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I don't want to offend any non-Christians, so be forewarned. At my meeting on Tuesday, we talked about how we need to stop drinking, shopping, lying, cheating, being prideful. If you imagine all those things listed to the right on a board under "Things to stop doing" (and your list might be longer or shorter). Now imagine the heading "Things to start doing". The only item listed there is "Follow God". Now, what's easier? Trying to not do all that stuff or just doing one thing? Hopefully , everything else will fall into place...
I love that. . Thank you
Old 08-11-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
Yeah... You offended me. There's no God here.
He is there. And he loves you. Don't give up on yourself because he will never give up on you.