Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-06-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

I think you're being extraordinarily hard on yourself SFL. It took me 90 days just to get more or less functional and much of my first year to sort myself and my long trail of debris out.

It's hard to change a life. It takes time and patience. Sometime your inner addict will try another door - thats difficult but not unbeatable either. lay the long game - you're doing great

&

I'm sorry you feel you're alone ID - there's any number of folks who would have stayed with you here had you kept posting, or if you'd started your own thread

It's hard to help you fight when you're not here online tho?

Don't give up on yourself - you're worth the fight

D
Old 08-06-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Was dreading today. Catching up with some old friends and their children. Not dreading the catching up bit. But I knew it would involve alcohol and explaining why I wasn't drinking. We went walking, then back to ours for food and drinks. I was on flavoured sparkling water. Got asked why I wasn't drinking I said I'm on the wagon and I'm now tea total. Shrugged it off and that was that. I had one moment when I poured a glass of wine for my friend when I thought I could have just one glass....yeah right we all know how that would have ended. I made myself a coffee instead!

I had a good laugh, I joined in and also had fun with the kids instead of being to drunk or to interested in my drinking. I can remember it all and won't have a hangover tomorrow. As I watched my friends go home a bit drunk I did feel a bit smug at that fact.

I also know I'd still be drinking now and probably spoil the evening completely by ranting at my DH. Instead I've just got in to bed. It's 00.40 here, so night from a sober me.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Invisible, it's ok. Totally ok. Just keep trying. No one, least of all me is going to judge. Amazing job at pouring the bottle out!! I did that the last few times I drank before I hit my current stretch of sobriety. As long as you are honest and in this in earnest (which you are because you are in this group) you can do it. Stay strong.

Guess what, you aren't alone. We're here. And if you want to look into it, there is a massive community near you that makes sure you are not alone in this.

Good job admitting it and getting back on the horse.

The horse can throw me 1000 times, but I won't stop riding it foward. (Quote by Viper )
Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did it. What do I have 33 days? I don't even know anymore. I'm neck and neck with Sunflower.

I've noticed that I've learned a lot about myself. My immaturity, arrested development, etc, in the last week. My memory is also improving slowly. I don't need to look down at a piece of paper 8 times to dial a phone number, I just look at it once.

I managed to stave off one of those Panic Reactions (kind of) today. Not bad for the first try.

Talk before bed!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Rainy Sunday down here.

Got a full month of clean under my belt now and it feels great. No more vertigo when I lie in bed, more money, less fat, less skin problems. Even my kids are fighting less (it seems, or am I just more stable? I don't know). The problem of my digestive system having to function without constant lubrication from alcohol has cleared up too. My brain still isn't functioning as well as it was before, my short term memory just abandoned me when I stopped drinking. But that seems to be clearing up in the last week. Life seems to just be getting better and better.

I'm thankful for these times and for my life change.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that Forester! I'm feeling better, too. Today is day seven, but I had a little time before that, too.
Today was so nice and restful. I got some things done, but mostly just chilled out, read, watched movies. I needed the rest bad.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
It's still Saturday night here.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month Forester!!

And great job on a week Karen!!

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-06-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Made it through today.
I'm so sorry ppl hurt . I wish we didn't !!
I care about you all and am glad we are together on here.
Hugs
Gnite
Old 08-06-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done Forester and Karen

D
Old 08-06-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on ONE MONTH Forester!
Old 08-06-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
I did it. What do I have 33 days? I don't even know anymore. I'm neck and neck with Sunflower. I've noticed that I've learned a lot about myself. My immaturity, arrested development, etc, in the last week. My memory is also improving slowly. I don't need to look down at a piece of paper 8 times to dial a phone number, I just look at it once. I managed to stave off one of those Panic Reactions (kind of) today. Not bad for the first try. Talk before bed!
We are on Day 32 I only know this because I have an app on my phone to keep track.

Glad you are seeing the benefits of sobriety. Makes it that much easier to stay on track. Have a great night!
Old 08-06-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oswin, that is great news, you should feel really proud of yourself. Think of how many more days like this you are going to have
Old 08-06-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Forester and Karen!! Can't wait until my memory comes back. I get in my car then back to house at least 3 times for forgotten items. Where is my phone? Where is my purse? My sunglasses? My keys? When will memory improve ya think? I might just be getting old, losing my memory but didn't notice due to hangover. Drink , repeat .
Tomorrow I'm in double digits, woot
Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know our memory will improve PennyLane. Mine was never so bad when I was drinking, just now since I stopped. It's a normalisation process, and there's lots of parts of us that have to get with the new program. The 4th week itstarted to get a bit better, the 3rd week was the worst. I work in IT and I felt totally hopeless much of the time in the 3rd week. Couldn't remember any commands... even really basic ones. I'm guessing it's going to take 3 months at least to feel normal again, for me.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the nice words, y'all. I'm alone this week, that's a whole lot of days where things can go wrong. Started a new jigsaw puzzle, bit of a distraction.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay close to SR ID
Old 08-07-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!! Yesterday was a tough one but I made it through and now I'm up early on Sunday feeling relaxed, getting ready for church.

Stay with us Invisible Danger. We are here to support you.

Apple and Chick hope you are doing ok. Check in if you get a chance ok.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Congrats Forester and Karen!! Can't wait until my memory comes back. I get in my car then back to house at least 3 times for forgotten items. Where is my phone? Where is my purse? My sunglasses? My keys? When will memory improve ya think? I might just be getting old, losing my memory but didn't notice due to hangover. Drink , repeat . Tomorrow I'm in double digits, woot
Penny, I am in the same boat! I can't tell you how many times a day I leave the room to get something and forget what I am looking for. It's scary...
Old 08-07-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

joining class of july/2016
Old 08-07-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
joining class of july/2016
Welcome!!! . This is a great class