View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
Away child free, very relaxing. DH had about 8 pints and then went to the car to fetch wine. He said something about me judging him he was joking when he said it. I said how can I judge you when I have a drinking problem and he said you don't have a problem. It was only a month ago he was agreeing I had a problem. How quickly they forget when it suits them. This is exactly what happened last time I gave up, which convinced me I could handle a drink if I moderated. Not going to listen this time. I think he likes when I drink because he can feel better re his drinking and when I rant and have no memories he can look like the better person. Sounds like we aren't getting on and we are. But just need to be aware that it is up to me to remember where I was at with drinking and not go backwards.
That must be so hard Oswin. My husband was the same and it took him a while to admit and believe that truly can never drink again. With your husband having his own drinking issues I imagine this is ten times harder. He probably mentioned your are judging him because he is absolutely judging himself. And who wouldn't after that much beer.

Keep working on you and keep staying strong as you are. Do you see a therapist or have a support group? I can't remember if I asked you already. There must be some good ideas out there as to how to tackle our own sobriety what your partner isn't on board and or supportive. And I get that you guys are getting along but he has to understand what you are going through right now and it sounds like he doesn't even want to hear it. I'm sorry. I do think your strength is admirable. Don't ever forget that you CAN do this despite him and despite the sneaky AV.