Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 27

Old 08-05-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi!! Day was a success!! My review was great and I almost let the "lets celebrate with a drink (or ten)" thought creep into my head....but I shut it down and I feel pretty good about it. On my way home now with a bag of sugar free candies and a treat for Charlie. I am looking forward to a quiet night in.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Lillian are you old enough to remember this. Dave's not here. https://youtu.be/1nxK_hGLTN4
Yes, I am the same age as you Kayak and I do remember this! And it's funny, but I almost posted it today and decided no one else would remember that Cheech and Chong skit.

So funny....
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
A little sexist?
I did consider that actually, was just wondering seeing as your injured.

Yeah my sponsor used to say this a lot to me- up all night on the internet.

I've told him a hundred times now that the internet is a solution to insomnia not cause of it.

I had insomnia long before I had the internet, etc. It was a lot more frustrating (suicidal) until I came to finding distractions, I can tell you.

Yeah I rang my sponsor today, got that much done. Gonna try reading a book later with my new reading lamp. Lavender insecense is nice.

Radio still blaring here in the background- I'm gonna knock on his door.

ETA: Radio off now after 3 days, lol. Well that was easier that I thought.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Bobbieka sorry about that I think I was responding to Kayak, Dave Meniketti from Y&T lead singer and lead guitarist. I am out the door right now to Santa Cruz to see them, good Friday everyone in sober land
Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Good morning everyone! Day 29. I guess I AM counting days but it's not a race. Just keeps me accountable.

Staying sober has NOT been easy but with each passing day it gets easier and easier. The support I get from you guys and AA is saving my butt! Thank you!!!

Have a great day! Don't drink! Alcohol is poison.
Kiki!! Day 29 is awesome!! 🎉🎉. And you are so right - staying sober is not easy - but it is getting easier. I think I have finally decided that I am worth more than forgotten evenings and hungover mornings....I am worth sobriety...we all are!!
Old 08-05-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
In lieu of attending the bachelorette, I did grocery shopping for all the apps and munchies for the evening. I REALLY wanted a canned margarita or two. Passed it by finally. Picked up root beer for myself.

Proud but sad. Still have those mixed emotions. But need to get up and actually be presentable and go co-run my sisters bridal shower tomorrow in the AM.

Powering through.

Happy Friday y'all.
Great job Apple!! 😊😊
Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Or maybe a dark poem. I wrote this one today

There's a scary place
In my mind
Where the dark thoughts hide
On long lonely nights
They plead with me
Then the voices Shout
Let me out
Let me out
Another victim of my madness
Feels like I'm sinking in the Darkness
Let Me Drown
Let Me Drown
Beautiful Kayak - thank you for sharing
Old 08-05-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
No I wont do that but thats what I feel like.

3 days is a long time and it's inconsiderate.

I am very tired now also. How's the finger?
Three days is a ridiculous amount of time Goat! I hope you get some sleep soon!
Old 08-05-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
Bobbieka sorry about that I think I was responding to Kayak, Dave Meniketti from Y&T lead singer and lead guitarist. I am out the door right now to Santa Cruz to see them, good Friday everyone in sober land
Is good. I was being nosy, wondering who your neighbor was. Had a nice discussion about Daves though.

Have fun tonight.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Time for work. That's even more yucky than canned margaritas. Hope everyone has a nice and sober evening. Talk to you in 6-7 hours. Wake up, immri!
Old 08-05-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Have a great evening, Casey.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hi!! Day was a success!! My review was great and I almost let the "lets celebrate with a drink (or ten)" thought creep into my head....but I shut it down and I feel pretty good about it. On my way home now with a bag of sugar free candies and a treat for Charlie. I am looking forward to a quiet night in.
As much as you work, of course you had a great review! Good job on shutting down the drinking thoughts!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Casey - and Kiki and anyone else hitting a milestone

Have a great weekend all,

D
Old 08-05-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

"Now, I stood at the edge of an internal abyss that felt as deep and wide as the Grand Canyon. Unless I found a way to fill that empty space, how would I ever be able to stay sober?" Sober Mercies
Old 08-05-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

"Often, on a hot Saturday afternoon in the summer, Dave and I would open a six-pack of beer while sitting out in the yard. I’d run in the house to use the bathroom, guzzle my can in under a minute, then replace it with a full beer from my stash, which would contain the same size and brand beer, because I planned ahead. In this way, I’d have maybe four beers down, still pretending to be on my first, before Dave opened a second. At which point, I’d say to Dave, “Is that your second beer!? You’re getting way ahead of me!” "

Sober Mercies

I'm guilty of having done this as well. Not only hiding drinking on occasion but convincing my husband I drank less than him. So sad. The more I analyze the more I see that much of my excessive drinking has been me trying to get away with something- sneaking. My little secret in my hum drum life.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Guys its 2am here and this dude has his radio on again.

Aside from that I have been doing my level best not to 'worry' about the lack of sleep I'm getting.

I've been taking hot baths with lavender etc, drinking chamomile tea, dimming the lights etc.

But I think I have crossed over into the next level. I will not sleep now until I drank, simple as.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Me too, Applekat. All of the time.

Goat, I'll come beat him up for you. Or at least bust his radio.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Goat, I'll come beat him up for you. Or at least bust his radio.
Lol, he's an old man Bobbie. Well, in his 60's. A bit like you in that he doesn't look it! He's shaggy, from scooby doo.

They are probably gonna take it off him on Monday (or sooner) I hear. That or I will. I was gonna sneak in earlier and rip the plug off.

That was one idea. He doesn't lock his room or close the door even but he's been in there this past few days now (drinking btw)

Got him to turn it off anyway, I shouted in his window and called him to the door. Brought him over to my room then and gave him a book to read.

FML! Gonna be a long day tomorrow. But yeah, this insomnia has been creeping on me for weeks and months now, been trying to stay ahead of it.

As I explained to the staff member, he's not the cause of my insomnia but he is exacerbating it.

It should stay off now I'm guessing, wouldn't mind but I have been pretty good to this guy.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Final check in before bed - have a great night all

P.S Apple - that last passage reminded me of myself as well.....good thing we don't drink anymore
Old 08-05-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Re-Member

SLOOOOOOWWWW night at work. So slow that I found myself checking in here on my phone during my shift and I never do that. There's some big music festival in town all weekend. That usually leads to a slower than normal weekend. Good thing my bills are paid.

Record breaking day is nearing an end. I've got to be up way early in the morning so going to try and go to bed very soon. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one more day. Looking forward to another record breaking day tomorrow!