Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 27

Old 08-04-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
Dave lives around the block from me, he is a very down to earth Rocker, good man.
I missed something. Dave who?

Going to attempt my yard again, before my mtg tonight. I'll call you guys if I have anymore mishaps.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.....

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world
Be cheerful
Strive to be happy
(Max Ehrmann, Desiderata)
Old 08-04-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well my Fitbit decided to stop counting active minutes tonight - uggg!! I was already having trouble with parts of the band bubbling and peeling so I called their support line just to see what my options were...and guess what?!? They threw a new one in the mail for me....just like that! What?!? I am pretty excited.....if you can't tell!! I really thought I was going to have to buy a new one myself... Fitbit gets a from me

Other than that tonight has been uneventful - and it seems to be another quiet one here...I hope you are all having a great evening!!
Old 08-04-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

stir crazy from divorce mediation, trying to get small projects done around the house before I leave. My wife (a wonderful mother) is a tough negotiator and I am not! but the law is pretty clear cut in division of property.
Fred, I'm going through a tough work situation right now with an aggressive employee.....but what gives me great comfort is that I am staying true to myself and my values. I put my head on my pillow at night with a very clean conscience. The world is filled with "tough negotiators." Glad I'm not one of them.

Peace and serenity are worth more than money! Thinking good thoughts for you in your mediation. Very sorry you're going through that.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Was in bed and aside from the fact that I haven't slept one night this week yet I need one of you to remind me of this tomorrow, ok?

Someone stole the kids PS4 this week from his mothers car. The console, games, controllers and a bag they were all in. Now, this didn't happen by accident…

Obviously someone knew what was in that bag *** It's probably one of the neighbors I'm thinking, who else would know what was in that bag and that the car was open***

^ Either that or it's some of the company she is keeping although this is purely speculation. Either way someone knew what they were doing, it wasn't an opportunistic crime and it's a small knit community.

Naturally he was very upset naturally when I spoke to him on the phone. I told him thats it's just a toy, it's not his fault and he can get another one (and to look up chi energy online but of course he is complaining that he can't now)

Sidepart: His mother was in the background telling him to ask if I would buy him a new one. Aside from the fact it was her fault this is only the second time she has made contact with me in over 3 years since I became homeless (which she played no small part in) and the first, and I mean first contact, was a week before xmas last year asking if I would buy a macbook for him. At least she had the decency to contact me directly then! Not even getting into it but there is something seriously wrong with this person…

Two things I want to ask you guys to be reminded of tomorrow (please? and thanks)

1: Bring a few things that I have for the kid on saturday, I have loads, in various places.

2: Text his grandfather this "who stole kids playstation" and to ring if he doesn't reply.

Because twice now in recent years I have contacted him direcly that we need to have a man to man talk about SOME VERY SERIOUS ISSUES around that kid, and he ignored me.

Apart from that can anyone advise anything?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

3 things actually. The third is the first one I thought of in bed which was ring my sponsor about this.

Goodnight classmates (for some of you anyway, which most likely does not include me but)
Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

way to go KiKi and Bobbieka 28 and 60 nice!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Spacegoat talking to your sponsor is a good idea, I would wait and give it some thought as to buying a new PS4. I hope you get some sleep.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm not buying a PS4 ffs Fred I want to find out who stole it!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 145. It was on this day last year that I decided to drink again. That won't be happening today. I don't drink anymore. Off work. Headed out to do a bunch of errands right now, ending with a noon AA meeting. Hope everyone has a safe and sober day. If you haven't checked in lately, do so ASAP. Even if you've been drinking--no judgement here. Get in here, get accountable, figure out what you need to do different and do it. We're here to help.
Great job Casey! Tomorrow when you wake up you will have tied your record! Woot!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Happy 4 weeks Kiki!! We are lucky to have your bright personality here with us!! Can't wait for tomorrow Casey. Just another day, I know...but one especially worth noting.
Thanks Apple!!! How are you? :-)
Old 08-04-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
The teenage ninja turtles have only 3 fingers if it's any consolation Bobbie! (sorry)
Lol goat!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
It is. Thanks. Now I feel much better. lol
Haha Bobbie!
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
I'm not buying a PS4 ffs Fred I want to find out who stole it!
See the weird thing is, it is either a tenant of her father's, or someone else who knows her.

It has nothing to do with me except that it's the childs playstation and now he is unhappy...
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Lol. That's awesome. Yes. I need a Goat. Hey! Today is 60. Congratulations to us!!
Wow! Congrats!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Congrats on 60 Bobbie and Goat!! ?003f003f?003f003f?003f003f?003f003f On my way home from work and my AV is being a pest....not craving but just annoying thoughts. Passing the liquor store as I type this (no I'm not driving - the parking for my work is right next door - go figure) and saying a big F-U!! Tomorrow is my mid-year review at work and I can't imagine showing up for that after a night of drinking....so peach iced tea it is!!
You ROCK Sam!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Congrats on four weeks to KiKi and on 60 days to Bobbieka and the Goat. Keep on doing the next right thing, my friends!
THANKS Casey!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

stir crazy from divorce mediation, trying to get small projects done around the house before I leave. My wife (a wonderful mother) is a tough negotiator and I am not! but the law is pretty clear cut in division of property.
Thinking of you Fred! :-) Stay strong.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icarus2 View Post
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence..... With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world Be cheerful Strive to be happy (Max Ehrmann, Desiderata)
Beautiful Icarus!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Well my Fitbit decided to stop counting active minutes tonight - uggg!! I was already having trouble with parts of the band bubbling and peeling so I called their support line just to see what my options were...and guess what?!? They threw a new one in the mail for me....just like that! What?!? I am pretty excited.....if you can't tell!! I really thought I was going to have to buy a new one myself... Fitbit gets a from me Other than that tonight has been uneventful - and it seems to be another quiet one here...I hope you are all having a great evening!!
That's awesome Sam!!!