Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 27

Old 08-04-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Fred, I'm going through a tough work situation right now with an aggressive employee.....but what gives me great comfort is that I am staying true to myself and my values. I put my head on my pillow at night with a very clean conscience. The world is filled with "tough negotiators." Glad I'm not one of them. Peace and serenity are worth more than money! Thinking good thoughts for you in your mediation. Very sorry you're going through that.
Absolutely! Peace and serenity are WAY more important than money! :-)
Old 08-04-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
Hey guys. Was in bed and aside from the fact that I haven't slept one night this week yet I need one of you to remind me of this tomorrow, ok? Someone stole the kids PS4 this week from his mothers car. The console, games, controllers and a bag they were all in. Now, this didn't happen by accident… Obviously someone knew what was in that bag *** It's probably one of the neighbors I'm thinking, who else would know what was in that bag and that the car was open*** ^ Either that or it's some of the company she is keeping although this is purely speculation. Either way someone knew what they were doing, it wasn't an opportunistic crime and it's a small knit community. Naturally he was very upset naturally when I spoke to him on the phone. I told him thats it's just a toy, it's not his fault and he can get another one (and to look up chi energy online but of course he is complaining that he can't now) Sidepart: His mother was in the background telling him to ask if I would buy him a new one. Aside from the fact it was her fault this is only the second time she has made contact with me in over 3 years since I became homeless (which she played no small part in) and the first, and I mean first contact, was a week before xmas last year asking if I would buy a macbook for him. At least she had the decency to contact me directly then! Not even getting into it but there is something seriously wrong with this person… Two things I want to ask you guys to be reminded of tomorrow (please? and thanks) 1: Bring a few things that I have for the kid on saturday, I have loads, in various places. 2: Text his grandfather this "who stole kids playstation" and to ring if he doesn't reply. Because twice now in recent years I have contacted him direcly that we need to have a man to man talk about SOME VERY SERIOUS ISSUES around that kid, and he ignored me. Apart from that can anyone advise anything?
That totally sucks goat! I can't believe the thieves these days! Pisses me off!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm not buying a PS4 ffs Fred I want to find out who stole it!
Yeah! Find out who stole it and scare the crap out of them so they never mess with you or your stuff again! Grrrr....
Old 08-04-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

See the weird thing is, it is either a tenant of her father's, or someone else who knows her. It has nothing to do with me except that it's the childs playstation and now he is unhappy...
Kick ass Goat!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
That totally sucks goat! I can't believe the thieves these days! Pisses me off!!!
Its way more complicated but I should focus on that. Good to see you Kiki.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry I wasn't around much today. I won't lie--after running my errands this morning I mostly spent it in video game land. Back to work and the real world tomorrow. Grateful to be sober one more day!

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Great job Casey! Tomorrow when you wake up you will have tied your record! Woot!
Nope. I tied my record today. I drank on day 145 last year. Tomorrow is all new territory for me. But i know what you mean and thanks anyways!

Sorry to hear about your kid's PS4, Goat. Hope he gets it back. Try to remember the serenity prayer as you deal with this problem, seems to me some of it you can change and much of it is out of your control.

Goodnight all!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your tied PB Casey

D
Old 08-05-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey

Still here guys, still sober. Absolutely overwhelmed with work right now, but i'm still reading
Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

I think today is day 19....maybe....weird thing about this time around is that I stopped counting days....not sure if that is good or bad.....

Bobbie - I hope your yard work went off without incident

Lillian - thanks for the reminder that there are things worth more than money....it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day that the important things get forgotten - I would rather be happy than rich no matter what!!

Fred - sounds like a really tough situation - thinking of you and really admiring your ability to see the positive in your wife still....not an easy task while in the middle of something like this.

Casey - when you wake up today you will have done it - the proverbial monkey on your back will be gone!! Congratulations!!

Spacegoat - that really sucks for everyone!! Good luck figuring out who might have taken it - I would want to do the same if it were my kid!

Hi Immri!!

To anyone one I missed I am waving a big hello!!

Off to work - love to you all!!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

CASEY! Day 146!!! You did it! Congrats my friend on beating your record. A personal best. And I know you're going to keep on shattering that every day. Thank YOU for being a leader in this class, thank you for being an inspiration, thank you for being here. Well done!! Anything special planned for yourself?

Old 08-05-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 13. Sisters bachelorette tonight which I am SKIPPING.

Sam I'm not sure if I want to count days now either. And yet I do. I'm worried if I don't, I will have one-offs. But then worry if I do, I won't come back quickly after s one-off. Sigh. For today, I count. Sober today!! That's what matters I guess.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 13 is awesome Apple!! And great job on skipping the bachelorette party tonight! I have my best friends going away party on Sunday night (she's moving across the country ��) and I wish I could not go but that's not an option so just going to go in with a plan.

As for counting days - yeah, I'm not sure....the days just seem less important to me this time. But like you said I'm sober today and that's what I'm focusing on. ��
Old 08-05-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Sorry I wasn't around much today. I won't lie--after running my errands this morning I mostly spent it in video game land. Back to work and the real world tomorrow. Grateful to be sober one more day! Nope. I tied my record today. I drank on day 145 last year. Tomorrow is all new territory for me. But i know what you mean and thanks anyways! Sorry to hear about your kid's PS4, Goat. Hope he gets it back. Try to remember the serenity prayer as you deal with this problem, seems to me some of it you can change and much of it is out of your control. Goodnight all!
Good morning Casey!!! Congrats on 146 days! Keep going!!! :-)
Old 08-05-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Congrats Casey Still here guys, still sober. Absolutely overwhelmed with work right now, but i'm still reading
Hi immri!!! Great to see you!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Good morning!! I think today is day 19....maybe....weird thing about this time around is that I stopped counting days....not sure if that is good or bad..... Bobbie - I hope your yard work went off without incident Lillian - thanks for the reminder that there are things worth more than money....it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day that the important things get forgotten - I would rather be happy than rich no matter what!! Fred - sounds like a really tough situation - thinking of you and really admiring your ability to see the positive in your wife still....not an easy task while in the middle of something like this. Casey - when you wake up today you will have done it - the proverbial monkey on your back will be gone!! Congratulations!! Spacegoat - that really sucks for everyone!! Good luck figuring out who might have taken it - I would want to do the same if it were my kid! Hi Immri!! To anyone one I missed I am waving a big hello!! Off to work - love to you all!!
19 days!!! Woo hoo!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Day 13. Sisters bachelorette tonight which I am SKIPPING. Sam I'm not sure if I want to count days now either. And yet I do. I'm worried if I don't, I will have one-offs. But then worry if I do, I won't come back quickly after s one-off. Sigh. For today, I count. Sober today!! That's what matters I guess.
Yep! All that matters is that you're sober today. You're doing great! :-)
Old 08-05-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 29. I guess I AM counting days but it's not a race. Just keeps me accountable.

Staying sober has NOT been easy but with each passing day it gets easier and easier. The support I get from you guys and AA is saving my butt! Thank you!!!

Have a great day! Don't drink! Alcohol is poison.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good Morning!! It's Friday, it is raining again, and I am sober and this is a great day!!

Fred - good luck with the mediation. Divorce sucks.

Lillian - I hope you get through your crap easily. I love the fact that you are staying true to yourself.

Samantha! Yay, new Fitbit! That's a total win. Way to have a plan for the going away party.

Kiki- Good morning. You are doing a fantastic job!

Applekat - Good morning! Way to get to where you are, I know you've had some tough situations.

Goat - pisses me off someone stole the game console. More so that your x left it in the car with it unlocked. Who does that??

MITA - hope house selling is going smoothly.

Immri- glad you are still here. Hope work slows down for you a bit.

Icarus - beautiful words.

Kayak - speaking of beautiful words - I think we could use a Kayak original.

Pelagic - Hope all is going well with you.

BBG- What the heck? Let us know you're around. Miss you.

Dee - Sweet dreams.

Still missing a lot of people.

Have a great day everyone. I will not drink today!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Casey!!!

So excited for you!! Very proud of all the work you have done. Thanks so much for helping me every day. I'm so glad to be on this journey with you.

Isn't it time for an emoji?
Old 08-05-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Bobbie that's cool that Dave is your neighbor
I wonder if he would sign one of my 8 tracks?
I know I know none of you are old enough to know what that is:-)