Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 27

Old 08-07-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back SG - did you really get rest and relief tho? really?
Will get back to you on that Dee as I'm gearing up for bed here.

It's not ideal I know and far from it. But there is no quicker way to crazy (for me) than not sleeping. Apart from drinking and not sleeping still while being abused at the same time kinda thing. The unexpected joints were a key factor, no doubt I'd have been posting on here otherwise. Just listened to some music last night and enjoyed that much. Had a little cry for myself. Then I pretty much settled for a bit and fell into bed.

It's a deeper issue. Hey guys hot shower just before bed or not?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand all that - but if you set up a conditions where it's ok to drink if you can't sleep (which effectively is what you did) you're making a really heavy rod for your back.

I'm not a sleep scientist or a conflict mediator - I don't know what the answer is for you - but I know what it's not.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good to see you back, Keets.

Hang in there, immri.

Bored at work right now.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I know what it's not.
That's true. I was on a semi mild aggro tip after the first bottle now that I remember it. But I was desperate. Not advocating for self-medicating, just kinda happy how the way things turned out in that I got to bed at a reasonable hour without having to deal with extra crap beyond my own like I have been on the previous nights (which shouldn't really be the case I suppose, but thats the reality of it).

Have had no trouble with the radio guy since folks, he's quiet as a mouse in there as he is on the puff (I can smell it at times)

Will be having these conversations with my group in the morning anyway, well I mean, my side of it.

Gonna hop into bed and open 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' despite not having a motorbike.

I have a bike though which doesn't work, so I guess I can pretend to that part
Old 08-07-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not gonna get bogged down here SG - if you think it's a positive then OK - I'll have to agree to disagree

D
Old 08-07-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
I'm still here, just fell in a hole for a while and couldn't make it past day one and was a little embarrassed. I wanted to wait till I was able to get past day one so here I am, it's day 4 now and don't plan on drinking today. I am back to the old habit of not being able to sleep and when I finally do I sleep till noon. I have been more active like running and riding my bike hoping that will help with sleep. It hasn't helped yet but it is keeping me busy so I'm not drinking. Still waiting to go back for my check up to get full release to lift more than 10 lbs. school starts tomorrow for the kids so I plan on dropping them off and walking/jogging or something to keep me busy. Hope everyone is doing well I will be going back to read some. I was also trying to avoid some of the drama that was going on as it really upset me and wasn't helping. But anyways I'm here still trying
(((Keets))) So glad you checked in!!! You can do this! Youre lucky the kids start back to school tomorrow. Im jealous. lol
Old 08-07-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys, about to start the busiest week of the year for me with both work and uni. So stressed already. I'm pretty run down I think I have a cold or hayfever or something, but I'll just have to suck it up until the weekend. Still sober, the thought of drinking makes me nauseous.
Good to see some more people checking in again
Hey there!!! Good luck next week. I will be thinking of you. Be sure to take a little time for yourself to recharge.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Logging off for the day.

I have to get some more stuff done. Ugh.

See you tomorrow!

Don't drink! It's poison!!!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really good to see you back Keets

D
Old 08-07-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi gang. My apologies for being so absent.

Keets!!! Welcome back. 4 days is where it's at

Kayak and SpaceGoat, sorry for your recent troubles or whatever you want to call them. You are both doing a better job than me of keeping active here - glad to see that.

I have just been plugging along. I'd like to say I've been doing excellent but really I have just been forcing myself to stay sober. I have a lot going on, which is good, but it's keeping me from seeing past each day's immediate issues. It will get better in time - not complaining!! Life ain't all sunshine and rainbows - but that's what makes the sunshine and rainbows so awesome

Casey, Bobbie, Kiki, Sam, Applekat, Fred, Pelagic, PeacefulRain, Immri, Lillian Gish, thirteenth (gosh, who am I forgetting). You are all so wonderful - thanks for being here.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back guys.
It's nearing bedtime on day 4 and somehow made it without drinking, my husband insisted on getting beer so I went in with him to make sure he didn't get any extra like shots. That's all we came out with with was his six pack and nothing else, I won't drink beer so I'm good but for a second I felt like caving in.

School starts back tomorrow and I will be alone for the first time in 12 years but it's not all rest. I already have football practice 3days a week for my son plus all his football events vet appts, physicals, appt for braces and I have also signed up to be a class mom for one kid. Plus image a bird who won't lay her egg and has already cost 600 for nothing and it could still kill her. Oh and one of the vet visits is for a kitten we just got. whew seems like my kids going back to school has created more work for me some how. Lol sorry had to get that off my chest sooooo much to do so little time. On the plus side no kids =s time for aa now.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Still at work. My last table won't leave though we've been closed for half an hour. Their ticket was over $400. Hopefully they'll tip accordingly. I think I had them a few weeks ago and they did. Anyways I'm bored. Everyone else is planning their after work drinking and I just want to go home and play video games for an hour.

Grateful to be sober. Grateful for my job most of the time. Grateful to see so many here in class today. If you're struggling, remember you don't have to take that first drink NO MATTER WHAT. It really does get easier if you just stick with it and don't keep resetting that clock. If I can quit drinking for almost five months now, anyone can.

Sweet dreams everyone. Talk to you in the morning.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Hi gang. My apologies for being so absent.

Keets!!! Welcome back. 4 days is where it's at

Kayak and SpaceGoat, sorry for your recent troubles or whatever you want to call them. You are both doing a better job than me of keeping active here - glad to see that.

I have just been plugging along. I'd like to say I've been doing excellent but really I have just been forcing myself to stay sober. I have a lot going on, which is good, but it's keeping me from seeing past each day's immediate issues. It will get better in time - not complaining!! Life ain't all sunshine and rainbows - but that's what makes the sunshine and rainbows so awesome

Casey, Bobbie, Kiki, Sam, Applekat, Fred, Pelagic, PeacefulRain, Immri, Lillian Gish, thirteenth (gosh, who am I forgetting). You are all so wonderful - thanks for being here.
HEY MITA!!! Great to hear from you! I'm glad I logged back in! ha. I should be in bed but I'm a night owl.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Thanks for the welcome back guys.
It's nearing bedtime on day 4 and somehow made it without drinking, my husband insisted on getting beer so I went in with him to make sure he didn't get any extra like shots. That's all we came out with with was his six pack and nothing else, I won't drink beer so I'm good but for a second I felt like caving in.

School starts back tomorrow and I will be alone for the first time in 12 years but it's not all rest. I already have football practice 3days a week for my son plus all his football events vet appts, physicals, appt for braces and I have also signed up to be a class mom for one kid. Plus image a bird who won't lay her egg and has already cost 600 for nothing and it could still kill her. Oh and one of the vet visits is for a kitten we just got. whew seems like my kids going back to school has created more work for me some how. Lol sorry had to get that off my chest sooooo much to do so little time. On the plus side no kids =s time for aa now.
I totally relate Keets! The older my kids get the busier I am! I am exhausted getting them ready to go back to school! I have another 10 days until they start back. Im so glad that you are going to be able to go to AA meetings while they are in school! That will really help! Let us know if you need us! See you tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Still at work. My last table won't leave though we've been closed for half an hour. Their ticket was over $400. Hopefully they'll tip accordingly. I think I had them a few weeks ago and they did. Anyways I'm bored. Everyone else is planning their after work drinking and I just want to go home and play video games for an hour.

Grateful to be sober. Grateful for my job most of the time. Grateful to see so many here in class today. If you're struggling, remember you don't have to take that first drink NO MATTER WHAT. It really does get easier if you just stick with it and don't keep resetting that clock. If I can quit drinking for almost five months now, anyone can.

Sweet dreams everyone. Talk to you in the morning.
I hope they give you a great tip Casey!!! 20% would be $80! Not a bad night! I always tip 20% unless the server REALLY sucks. See you tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

if you think it's a positive then OK
I didn't say it was a positive, was just reasonably happy yesterday that I didn't have any external conflict to deal with and for the first night all week I had slept at night. I dunno what else to say. I'm not gonna beat myself up, there is a whole world out there that has been always waiting to do that.

It's Monday (yay, I'm tired though). Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Well I made it!! I can't believe it but I did....��

Sitting in our hotel room while everyone "sleeps it off" makes me feel pretty proud I am not sure what today holds but I know it's going to be a lot more enjoyable because I didn't drink!!
Old 08-08-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Sam

D
Old 08-08-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. My startin' fluid is especially good this morning for some reason!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Well back from a run by the water....this sobriety thing is pretty great