Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 27

Old 08-05-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Night guys. Sorry I haven't been very active here this week. I've been super busy getting the kids ready to go back to school and running them all over town & I am soooo tired!

Once they start back to school I may just sleep for a few days! Ha!

See u tomorrow. :-)
Old 08-06-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Morning check in. Day 14.
Bridal shower day. Brunch and mimosa free so that's all good.
I'll have to dig deep to not cave tonight. Typical post-important function need to unwind. Blah.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 08-06-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 14 days applekat

D
Old 08-06-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 147. Another record breaking day!

Up way too early. Going to go out junking/flea marketing with my dad and nephew in a little bit. Coffee is brewing, but I already feel surprisingly awake.

Congrats on two weeks, Applekat. Remember that a drink is not a reward but is instead the problem. You don't need poison to unwind. Have fun today and check in as often as you can and let us know how it went!

Feels weird to post this early. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Feels weird to see you post this early Casey!!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Casey

D
Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Morning check in. Day 14. Bridal shower day. Brunch and mimosa free so that's all good. I'll have to dig deep to not cave tonight. Typical post-important function need to unwind. Blah. Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Woo hoo!!! 2 weeks Apple!!! :-)
Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 147. Another record breaking day! Up way too early. Going to go out junking/flea marketing with my dad and nephew in a little bit. Coffee is brewing, but I already feel surprisingly awake. Congrats on two weeks, Applekat. Remember that a drink is not a reward but is instead the problem. You don't need poison to unwind. Have fun today and check in as often as you can and let us know how it went! Feels weird to post this early. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Sounds like a fun day Casey!!! :-)
Old 08-06-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Just checking in on day 30.

Feeling a lot of anxiety for some reason this morning but hopefully it will pass soon. Other than that I'll be at the soccer field with one of my boys all day.

Have a great day! Don't drink. It's poison.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

30 days!! Woohoo Kiki! I hope being outside will help you relax.

147. Nicely done, Casey.

2 weeks, Applekat. That's really awesome. Be strong tonight. They'll probably need you sober.

Good morning, everyone. Cleaning and babies in my future. Have a great day!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I'm alive finally. That flu is nasty bug! I'm most definitely still sober but had a drinking dream last night I guess the hag is getting over her flu too. I'll just be hanging around the house today hopefully this lingering cough will subside. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Bought a bunch of great books for cheap this morning. I may need to buy a new bookshelf pretty soon though I don't really have room for one.

Congrats on 30 days, KiKi! Looks like you're on the right track this time.

You should combine the two activities and clean the babies, Bobbieka.

Glad you're feeling better, PeacefulRain. Drinking dreams are gonna happen. I still get them every now and then.

How's everyone else? Hope a bunch of our MIAs check in soon, like clearlyheaded and beerbgone and others.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hello everyone and happy Saturday!
Checking in safe and sober. I'm a little behind as I've been working, but it was good to come here and catch up.

Applekat, I have trouble unwinding after being at parties too. What do you think you might do tonight to avoid alcohol? I sometimes go outside and look up at the stars....or take a hot bath with a good book....or come here to unwind. A good comedy movie takes the edge off! 14 days is amazing ~ congrats!!

Casey, very happy for you breaking your sober record. Flea marketing sounds so much fun, but you were up so early....why go to sleep at all? A nap might be in your future, yes?

Kiki, anxiety is the worst, isn't it? I have heaping gobs of it myself today. Not sure how I'm going to resolve it. So if you figure something out, let me know! And 30 days???!!! That's so awesome.

Bobbie, Baby Time!! Woo Hoo!

Peaceful Rain, glad you're feeling better. Take good care of yourself. Resting sounds like a good plan.

Samantha, good reviews are such a pick-me-up! Congratulations on all your hard work. And you ARE worth so much more than forgotten evenings and hungover mornings. We all are.

Goat, loud radio music drives me f'ing insane. So I get it.

I recently took a DNA test through "23 and Me" and just got the results. Kind of interesting! It said 93.7% of my ancestry comes from Northern Europe, most of which hails from Britain and Ireland. So Goat, we are mates I say. It also said I have a gene that makes me prone to drinking too much caffeine, which is so true! I drink a ton of coffee. Ha! It's too bad there isn't a test in this gene screening for alcoholism. I bet they could do that if they wanted.

It also told me my eyes are probably blue, my hair is probably brown and straight and I don't have a unibrow. True, but I didn't need them to tell me that.

Enough of that silliness. So, Monday morning my problem employee is being written up and told "one more time and you're out." He's gonna be hopping mad. I have an extreme level of anxiety, even though I'm not the one to share this bit of news. I'll just have to feel the aftermath. Ugh. So tired of this guy making my life miserable.

So, I'm checking in here. Then I'm going to start working on my kitchen remodel. This should be very very cool once it's all done. Then I'm going to plan a four day getaway with my daughter to San Luis Obispo to look at the university there, stay in a nice hotel with a pool and CHILLAX.

Love to all of you. Hope you are having a great day.
Lillian
Old 08-06-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Late check in for me. Dealing with a bit of stress at work today but it's manageable and under control. On my way home now feeling pretty accomplished

No real plans for tonight - except to be sober - and I am off tomorrow but have the going away party. It is being held in Toronto which is about 2 1/2 hours from here and I think I may take the train or the bus to relax a little and prepare for the "festivities".
Old 08-06-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I'm sorry friends for the deception I had a blackout drinking experience last weekend handbags I can't do this without help
Old 08-06-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I couldn't, Kayak. Going to AA has helped me a lot. I'm also seeing an addiction counselor. Maybe add more tools.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Kayak we know it is not easy you know we are here for you
last night things got weird in Santa Cruz for one of the people I was with of course alcohol and cops were part of the mix we were able to rescue friend out of possible arrest.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you decided to open up, Kayak. Those secrets keep us firmly in our addiction's grasp. I'm with Bobbieka--figure out what you can add to your recovery plan and keep moving forward. Wishing you the best tonight.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

There is so much I'd like to say to all of you. Express the congratulations, understand the struggles, accept the in between. Alas, I don't like posting on the phone and can't be comprehensive.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Kiki

I'm glad you unburdened yourself Kayak - what are you doing this weekend to stay safe?

D