Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 11

Old 08-10-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Any news Inc? We are dying here.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Yes! Sorry. Thought I posted early this morning before work. I got the offer late yesterday and accepted this morning!

I just got a 20k raise!!!
I'll have another 8k after training in 10wks!!!

Bonus potential up the Ying yang too. Monthly, quarterly, annually. While I'm an assistant, I can get up to 26k in bonuses. . As a store manager, 40k.

Realistically, I expect 50% of that. Depends on the store and the market I'm in.

It's a great deal. Now hopefully the company stays around a while and gets their act together. They've been losing sales and recently swapped out almost all upper management. Taking my chances here, but figured it would be easier looking for a job if times get really tough. They are debt free, so that's a huge win. And growing store count.

I am very excited. This is a shirt, tie, and Sports coat gig. No busting freight, no mdse moves, no cleaning bathrooms. They want me to do nothing but be a leader.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That is great news Inc! I am super excited for you! It will be nice to actually be making a living once again.

I was not familiar with your company and I googled them. I was surprised to find that there are several in my area, having taken over some old Circuit City locations. You will now become this thread's resident tech expert!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

So excited for you Inc! You desrve this SO much!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hearty Congrats Inc

have a good weekend everyone
D
Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Well... Here I am fighting the urge to buy pot and celebrate :/

I woke up in the middle of the night with the thought. Maybe I was dreaming about it.

I already have plans to celebrate. Buying new shoes and some nice cloths, and dinner out tonight.

Once I get moving, I'm sure all will be better. Today I'm going to spend top dollar for dress shoes that I stand in all day. I'm going to a walking store an hour away as well as one close to my new job where I am filling out new hire paperwork. That's exciting. I'm going to be sharp dressed AND be ultra comfortable.

Along the way, I might do some cloths shopping. Tomorrow I am getting measured for a sports coat. Haven't worn one since my dad died 3 years ago. That's exciting too.

The urge is fading by the minute. All the urguements my addict is bringing to the table is bull crap, and I know it.

I'll just need to be extra careful today and tomorrow. Sunday, ill be with my fiance all day, so I'm safe.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
OMD

Inc,
I know you won't throw it all away.

Best wishes

OMD
Old 08-12-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thank you OMD. There was a time when I would have. A time when I would believe I'd party just for the weekend. A time when I believed I'd feel 100% on Monday and wouldn't want to smoke.

Made most of the day without much thought. Some, yes. But dropped it. Playing it forward helped a lot. No way am I going down that path. Nooo thank you.

For the most part, I don't feel bumbed out which would normally follow the decision of abstaining.

Charging on. I'm safe for today. Fiance will be home in an hour. Just got back from shoe shopping.

On that note...
SG, you should visit a shoe store and look into some high quality inserts. After working like I did, my feet, knees, and lower back hurt. Itll take a little bit to recover. But if I had I had good inserts in for arch support, I wouldn't be in the boat.

You can last longer and have more energy. I've been researching for the past 3wks. Super important.

It's not about soft or quishy like the ones you buy at Walmart. It's about total foot support so you body weight is evenly distributed Long your entire foot.

Anyway. Doing good. Got a nice pair of Bostonian shoes and a good pair of inserts. At first, I was looking for shoes made to provide the right support. Bit nothing matched the comfort of a good pair of inserts that I can use in all my shoes to boot. Pun intended.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
OMD

WTG Inc. Glad you realise that nothing good will ever come of getting stoned or drunk. We all just need to recognize that simple fact now and then. Well I do.

So I am going to be contrarian here and suggest that unless you have a genuine orthopaedic condition, inserts are just a kind of sticking plaster and can ultimately be damaging for your long term posture. If you kept bleeding for no obvious reason then eventually you'd want to know why, not just keep sticking another plaster on. Well your musculoskeletal system has evolved to keep you on your feet all day while you hunt. The compression "technology" in your feet is better than anything Nike will ever invent. So, are you strong where you should be strong? Are you doing barefoot days around the house like nature intended and your body demands?

Just a bit of fun

OMD
Old 08-13-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey Inc! I'm totally with you on the playing the tape forward thing. I think it is that coupled with the accountability that I have established here and in my other relationships that has kept me on the straight and narrow at times!

It is easy to make a mistake but it is just as easy not to. If we continue to weigh up our decisions against their potential consequences, there is no way any of us are going to voluntarily reenter that trap that we have struggled so hard to free ourselves from!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Took the girls to see a movie last night at a high tech theater. They loved it. Was fun. Saw secret life of pets. Was ok flick.

I scored some nice slacks at goodwill yesterday. Heading back now for a sports coat.

I'm taking a new intrest in dressing nice. Even on my off days. Scored some high quality fashion jeans at Plato's closet (consignment store) .

Been reading about men's fashion... Cause that's how I roll. Over analysis for the win.

Already started reading blogs on tips for being a sales manager too. Very excited to have the opportunity to make some people some money. Most importantly, me!

Still having debates with myself on buying pot periodically. The beast has been awakened. Very glad to be much smarter now.

Treating myself to cloths, shoes, movies has been very helpful. So has finding new avenues for applying my never ending need for knowledge. Having a specific focus on self improvement keeps the fire going strong.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Took the girls to see a movie last night at a high tech theater. They loved it. Was fun. Saw secret life of pets. Was ok flick.

I scored some nice slacks at goodwill yesterday. Heading back now for a sports coat.

I'm taking a new intrest in dressing nice. Even on my off days. Scored some high quality fashion jeans at Plato's closet (consignment store) .

Been reading about men's fashion... Cause that's how I roll. Over analysis for the win.

Already started reading blogs on tips for being a sales manager too. Very excited to have the opportunity to make some people some money. Most importantly, me!

Still having debates with myself on buying pot periodically. The beast has been awakened. Very glad to be much smarter now.

Treating myself to cloths, shoes, movies has been very helpful. So has finding new avenues for applying my never ending need for knowledge. Having a specific focus on self improvement keeps the fire going strong.
Dress sharp, feel sharp, Inc! Self improvement (dressing well, exercising, feeling good) is the best tonic to keep the beasties at bay!!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Didn't know you were such a clothes horse Inc! You certainly jump in feet first with whatever you are putting your mind to. I am jealous about the not working freight aspect of your job. I break down a truck virtually every shift I work.

Over the past few years, I finally started to spend better money on shoes.Working on a cement floor ten hours a day can be brutal. I was having the same problems you were Inc, leg, foot and back pain. I have had inserts help on a few shoes, but they really jacked my thighs and back up on my newest pair. I have really enjoyed the Keen line of footwear, as they have huge arch support( I'm totally flat footed) and wide toes. They let my feet move more naturally than most shoes.

Going to our company's big management party tonight. Always a nice meal but lots and lots of drinking and stories to follow. I used to delight in consuming unlimited glasses of quality wine and being a party animal. I made excuses not to attend last summer, as I felt I was too new to sobriety to have dozens of people whom I have partied with over the years asking why I wasn't drinking. Last year's party was in New York City, so I would have had a hotel room and no excuse that I had a long drive to avoid drinking. This year the party is in nearby Philadelphia, so I am going to say that I am the designated driver and leave it at that. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks and if they persist, I will be upfront and say that I simply no longer drink. I will be the one waking up hangover free tomorrow morning!

Enjoy your weekends all!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I often use the designated driver card, Star. We looked up a couple of old friends in Ireland the other day. I've got a hire car so we drove over for a meal. Plenty of beer and wine but the driving card worked a charm. Nobody messes with that.

Having said that, if pushed to have "just the one" I am confident to say that I don't really indulge anymore. No big deal

Enjoy the party!
Old 08-13-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I agree Amp!

I'm already getting texts from people telling me that the "first rounds on me" and so on. Hopefully, it won't be a full night of me saying "no thanks" a bunch of people.

I already told my wife that I'm leaving when people start dancing on chairs!
Old 08-13-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I just learned shopping for a sports coat blows chunks.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Just back from the party. Left before anything too crazy broke out. It's so hot here the past week, (heat index 108-113) that it was too hot for even the dedicated to drink much. These kind of things bore me silly as a non drinker.

Inc, what's the issue with buying a sports coat? I never have owned one, just formal suits. I probably should look into getting one.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
OMD

Happy Sunday everyone!

Lots of self-improvement going on! I am doing stuff around the house, kind of stuff that would have been oh too much hassle before. And I still can't believe how I let so much slide over the years. The house is a yardstick for how I looked after myself (or not) so it's now looking much better but it's taking time

Inc - don't sweat it about buying new stuff - just think of it in terms of beer or pot tokens that you're not spending, that's what I do. Then it's all free and doesn't kill you.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Not much SG.. Let's say that shopping for a truck is a 10 out of 10, while shopping for womens clothing is a 1. I put a sports coat at a 3. Cant pit my finger on why.

I scored big time at goodwill on a nice coat and some high end ties. Also scored nicely on clearance racks in a couple stores. And I just picked up a $150 belt for $20 on eBay!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

OMD... I like your yardstick measurement. Bet it feels good to see some improvement.