Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 11

Old 08-24-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Just catching up on the thread. Good to see you all keeping well. Hope you share your story Inc!

I am also rocking the sober life but kind of snowed under with work since I started back on the 17th. All good though! Take care, gang!
Old 08-24-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats OMD
Hope everyones doing well
D
Old 08-25-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
OMD

Thanks Dee!

Hope you're all well. On the road, working hard, but all good

OMD
Old 08-27-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Spent my days off treating my kids for head lice. Always a joy, especially with my daughter's long hair. It's so frustrating as we keep a clean house, but it just seems to get passed around between her friends. Everything in the house needs laundered and sprayed down. Will have to do it again in a week. Oh the joys of kids!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Oh the joys of parenthood, SG!!

I was at my niece's christening yesterday. We made the 5 hour drive on Thursday night and will be heading back later today.

The Christening and following party was an all-day event. We arrived at the church at 11.30am and didn't get back to my wife's village till nearly midnight.

I felt really good the whole day. A lot of fine wines, liquors etc going around, and I couldn't care less. Just not interested. I think it's the first time I've been to this kind of event and been totally fine with it all the time. Feels like a step forward!

Hoping you're all keeping well!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
OMD

That's great news Amp!

OMD
Old 08-28-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That's great to hear Amp!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Yay amp!
Old 08-30-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Checked my phone this morning to see that I have joined OMD in the 500 day club. I know Amp and Inc are a few days behind me, and Cauli bringing up the rear, figuratively.

It is one heck of an accomplishment for all of us to be hitting such a mark. It's funny that I don't focus on sobriety time much, as not drinking has become the new normal for me. Life is so much better now than it was 500 days ago!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-30-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations you guys

D
Old 08-30-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Well done SG! I hear you about the new normal
Old 08-30-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
OMD

Nice going, everyone!

I probably lost some business opportunities along the way, but that's nothing. Onwards and upwards!

OMD
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Yay for 500 ish!

Congrats gang!

So I've been busier than a one arm paper hanger. I've been on a remodel team last week and this. We do 2 stores per week in various markets around the state. No more than a 90min drive.

Anyway... My previous long term job would require a lot of driving around. I opened and remodeled over 100 stores for them. These stores I'm with now serve the same clientele. Different products, but basically middle to upper class families. So both companies are basically in the same towns.

Everywhere I go, I can point out the closest bar. As soon as I pulled up to the shopping center for my assignment today, I knew I had been there in search of a bar before. Sure enough, I saw it in the back during my lunch.

Makes me wish I could have every dollar back that I spent in bars. I had picked this one because I know this chain of restaurants makes good long island iced teas. I'm sure I dropped $50 between alcohol and food. Probably closer to $70 especially with the tip. I was normally a hefty tipper after drinking.

Thank God it's over. Today's lunch was $3 worth of food I packed.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It is amazing the amount of money we likely all dropped drinking each month. I was mostly a frugal stay at home drinker of not high end alcohol and I dropped two to three hundred dollars a month easily. Going out to drink now, a beer can run 5-10 bucks depending on how trendy it is. Mixed drinks 10-15 bucks a pop. It was far cheaper to keep a bottle of Capt Morgan in the car to mix with my diet cokes than to sit at a bar.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
OMD

I have told you all before how much stuff I have bought with money that I would have spent on drinking. That hasn't changed - I continue to buy stuff because it's found money. I used to spend so much it is shameful.

Anyway, it's all good now. Have a great holiday weekend!

OMD
Old 09-03-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
I have told you all before how much stuff I have bought with money that I would have spent on drinking. That hasn't changed - I continue to buy stuff because it's found money. I used to spend so much it is shameful.

Anyway, it's all good now. Have a great holiday weekend!

OMD
Hey guys! Don't want to think about money right now... expanding my business and employing new people to make management structure more dynamic means that my new centre absolutely HAS TO WORK! cash flow os down to less than zero and building work running way over budget...

I've been working 12-16 hour days all of last week to get open on Thursday 1st. Going ok so far but early days. I'm at that point with 6 offices up and running and trying to take it all to the next level. Feels a bit make and break.

I'd never have found the drive to get to where I am (hopefully) going if I was still drinking. That all feels like a very long time ago... I really don't miss version 1.1 of me. 1.2 is a work in progress but definitely an improvement!
Old 09-04-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Home sweet home and sleeping in my own bed tonight. We had a wonderful time on our vacation and I loved every second of it. Montreal was the best way to end the whirlwind tour, because it is very much like visiting a European city. It is a beautiful city with great shopping, and the food! Omg, I must have gained more then a few pounds. The only thing negative I have to say is that I noticed the options for non alcoholic beverages are pretty limited on restaurant menus…I am a little sick of sparkling mineral water with lime and iced tea. Was it SG that is battling lice?! Try battling it while on holidays...lol.
This weekend my niece was married! She was the happiest bride I ever saw, the wedding as beautiful, and oh so fun, I danced the night away with family and friends. I must say it is interesting to watch people get drunk. It’s insane how most people will not dance or strike up a basic conversation until they had a few drinks, but by then, they can’t hold a decent thought together. Watching my younger sister get sloppy drunk and annoying was enough to keep me grateful and sober, and like all of you, I had no desire to have a drink!
Tomorrow is our day to do laundry and relax until life returns to busy with school schedules, work schedules, and hockey tryouts for my youngest. My daughter is busy getting her life back on track after she finally decided to leave her idiot loser of a boyfriend. She has some catching up to do, but she next week she asked me to drive her to the city to inquire about with the military, the police force and university. She wants to keep her options open.
Lights out for me…have a good night everyone!
Old 09-05-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hey guys! Don't want to think about money right now... expanding my business and employing new people to make management structure more dynamic means that my new centre absolutely HAS TO WORK! cash flow os down to less than zero and building work running way over budget...

I've been working 12-16 hour days all of last week to get open on Thursday 1st. Going ok so far but early days. I'm at that point with 6 offices up and running and trying to take it all to the next level. Feels a bit make and break.

I'd never have found the drive to get to where I am (hopefully) going if I was still drinking. That all feels like a very long time ago... I really don't miss version 1.1 of me. 1.2 is a work in progress but definitely an improvement!
That's awesome Amp.

OMD
Old 09-05-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
OMD

Happy Monday everyone!

Onwards and upwards. Very busy at the moment.

Nice to see you had a good time Cauli, I do like a good wedding! Never been to Montreal either.

Best wishes

OMD
Old 09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Wow amp. Rock it brother!
Welcome home cauliflower!

I'm off the road and starting my official training program. Excited to get this career in gear.

Spent the weekend setting up a budget plan and software to share real time expense tracking with my fiance. It's nice to have income at least equal expenses right now. Gonna track every penny for a while to make the budget closer to bullseye.

My next project is meal planning. Itll save money, eat healthier, take advantage of sales, take away trying to figure out what we will eat each day, and have less food waste. Already started on it a bit. Bit most of my focus is on the budget right now.

Speaking of eating healthier, I hit a meat market, an orchard, and a farmers market for groceries this week. Stocked up on apples, peaches grapes, pesticide free veggies and corn, Mellon, salmon, humus... All good stuff.

Rock on.