SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/393041-class-april-2015-part-11-a.html)

Anna 06-15-2016 05:26 PM

Class of April 2015 Part 11

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

stargazer016 06-15-2016 05:31 PM

Thanks for the new thread Anna!

stargazer016 06-15-2016 06:23 PM

I came out very extremely future oriented, which is generally me. However, it doesn't seem to explain my addiction like some of the other personality types do.

Incontrol15 06-15-2016 09:05 PM

Good for you SG.
I was very future focused for most my life. I ended up having a massive mid-life crisis. Which is common for future focused folks, so I read.

That crisis was the beginning of my utter self destruction. I began to hate my marriage. I started dating someone who expressed interest in me. The marriage fell apart.

Watch yourself. Be sure to schedule time with for yourself and your family often.

amp123 06-15-2016 10:44 PM

Morning all!

Hope today finds you well ;)

stargazer016 06-16-2016 06:00 AM

Good advice Inc. I guess my alcoholism was my mid life crisis.Perhaps seeing all those years of planning everything out not leading me to where I thought I should be contributed to my increased drinking. I would rather have had a nice car or a pretty woman than become an alcoholic. I didn't plan for that to happen.

Incontrol15 06-16-2016 06:32 AM

I had a breakthrough yesterday.

I was cleaning out old vitamin bottles and found a bud of weed my addict left for me to find later.

My initial reaction: "sweet!!"

I was alone for the day. Certainly one bud wouldn't hurt.

I set it aside and had a talk with myself. I played it through. Played through that I would feel" hungover " after. That I would want more. I rationalized that I didn't want it at all until I found it. Then I got mad at my addict for setting me up like that.

I flushed it. The best part? I was happy I did. No internal battle. No remorse. Didnt think about pot for the rest of the day. Just flushed it and forgot it.

amp123 06-16-2016 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 (Post 6002209)
I had a breakthrough yesterday.

I was cleaning out old vitamin bottles and found a bud of weed my addict left for me to find later.

My initial reaction: "sweet!!"

I was alone for the day. Certainly one bud wouldn't hurt.

I set it aside and had a talk with myself. I played it through. Played through that I would feel" hungover " after. That I would want more. I rationalized that I didn't want it at all until I found it. Then I got mad at my addict for setting me up like that.

I flushed it. The best part? I was happy I did. No internal battle. No remorse. Didnt think about pot for the rest of the day. Just flushed it and forgot it.

That is so cool!

stargazer016 06-18-2016 05:01 AM

I actually have the weekend off! I only had to ask off 9 months ago. Besides Father's Day here, it's also my son's birthday tomorrow. Can't believe my oldest is now 15.

Lots of family coming over today. Looks like great weather.

I had to go buy a six pack of my Dad's favorite beer yesterday. Though I have a lot left over from our Memorial Day party, there was none of his favorite. It is the least I could do for Dad.

I can't tell you all how funny it was buying a six pack of beer. I probably have not done that since college days. I always bought by the case.

Happy Father's Day weekend!

Incontrol15 06-18-2016 08:46 AM

Have a great weekend SG.

6pack vs case: that should have been my first clue. Beer to liqour my next clue. By the time I was buying 1/2 gallons, I new I was in trouble. Or at least that little tiny voice just started asking questions.

Beautiful day here too. Made myself do day 4 of 30 day challange even though I didn't feel like it. . At all. Once again, I'm glad I did.

Dee74 06-18-2016 06:35 PM

Hi Guys - hope everyones doing well :)

D

Incontrol15 06-18-2016 07:38 PM

Hi Dee. We are rocking it!

amp123 06-19-2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6005673)
Hi Guys - hope everyones doing well :)

D

Doing well thanks Dee ;)

Cauliflower 06-20-2016 05:58 AM

Hi everyone and Dee!
I am extremely happy I completed my 5km run yesterday with a finish time of 28.10. I tell you, the whole vibe was amazing...I thought it was brilliant that they had the theme from Rocky blasting for the marathoners. When it came time for my run to start I was pumped!

I am doing those time perspective tests this morning, really sounds interesting. My self evaluation is that I am all over the place. I focus on the big picture, but then tend to feel overwhelmed with the task at hand, so to help with that I break down my large goals into smaller goals. Just to get the sense of accomplishment everyday! Sure I want to go to the top of my company, but first, I need to do this today. I find even reading has gone to the wayside with my full schedule and focus on work, so now I am reading short stories. Don't need to feel stressed about the unread book on my dresser anymore! It's the little things. I'm not sure is this is part of time perspective though...I'll read up on the links provided.

Take Care...you should see the waves on the lake today. HUGE! it's so windy.

Incontrol15 06-20-2016 08:01 AM

Cauli..Congrats on the 5k!! Way to go girl. What an amazing transformation you have had. I'm so happy for you!!

I have redirected my exercise program to weight lifting to gain weight. I weighed myself for the first time in a long time the other day. I know I lost a lot of weight over the past year, but I was shocked to see I am at the very lowest weight within the healthy range for my height.

I am now on day 4 of a 30 day workout challange and it's already getting hard. Some of the exercises I have to break into pieces to accomplish them.

I am still going to run/walk, but not as many days. Until recently, I was mostly running with working out 1-2 times a week. Now I am going to workout at least 3 days a week and run on my off days. I can't begin to explain how much better I feel.

So....
I live in NE Ohio. We have not had a sports championship here in 50years. Last night, our basketball team with the lead from LeBron James won the NBA Title! They were also the first team in history to win the title after having a 3-1 game deficit going into Game 5.

What an amazing experience. I set up a TV on the back patio and had the suround sound blaring. Had a nice fire going too. I was with my Fiance and her youngest daughter. During the game, I expained to her how long it's been since we've had a chamopionship, how LeBron had a lifetime goal of bringing one home. I explained how Cleveland thought they were jinxed and some of the huge close calls we had that were taken away by plays so outrageous, they were named. Like "The Shot" by Michael Jordan with seconds left on the clock effectively taking away a championship from Clevelend. Or "The Drive" in which Elway lead the Broncos on a 98yard drive in 5minutes to tie the Cleveland Browns. The Broncos won in OT.

Somehow...the clock ticked down with Cleveland on top! We avoided another outrageous play like "The block" or "The Shot II"!! We screamed at the top of our voices and cheered. The neighborhood responded in kind. Then we shot off fireworks for an hour after the game together.

It was an amazing experience.

stargazer016 06-21-2016 05:11 AM

Congrats on the championship Inc! I watched a lot of that series and it was amazing. That LeBron stop on the lay up changed the game at the end.

Back to work after a super busy weekend. Had a big family Father's Day/Birthday party for my family Saturday. We then got a big meal together Sunday and visited my father in law who is in a facility trying to deal with dementia. Last night I went to see a bunch of musicians that I have been seeing in one form or another since the mid 1980's. It was great going to a show and not drinking. My last trip to this particular venue 13 years ago found me so drunk that I passed out in the second set and don't remember being driven home. I miss seeing live music, but it takes someone really special for me to want to go out and deal with all the drunks!

Have a great day all!

Incontrol15 06-21-2016 09:40 AM

Nice win SG. Sounds like a good time!

Had a WT__ moment last night.

I was doing my 30 day fitness challange in the living room. I was jumping, pushing, squeezing, pulling, yanking.... Looked very much like a good session with the GF.

My dog started getting interested in what I was doing. She barked at me like she does when I wrestle with kids. Well, I was doing push ups and next thing you know she's pushing her nose into my butt. Yes.. Pushing her nose INTO my butt. We're way past the point of smelling my butt. Which, I wouldn't blame her for as by this point, I was sweating some serious manhood.

Then the real WT__ moment came... She was humping me! She... As in girl... Was humping me.

"What the fudge! " I yell at her. She just walked away like she was in trouble with her head down, looking at me through her peripheral. She sat in an awkward position which appeared as though she was pressing her_____ into the floor.

Now I was feeling bad. She's all hot and bothered. I guess I couldn't blame her. After all, I must have been emitting some serious manhood essence.

amp123 06-22-2016 02:24 AM

Hey guys! Good to hear you are all keeping well. All good with me. Just really busy as we're winding up the academic year in Spain this week. Phew!!!

stargazer016 06-22-2016 05:51 AM

Congrats on completing the run Cauli! You have come so far in your time here.

I too am finding almost no time to read. I have a vacation coming up soon where I hope to catch up on some long overdue reading.

Have a great day all!

Cauliflower 06-23-2016 08:49 AM

test test