Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-13-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry I'm so slack at posting, this tiredness after work is rendering me useless! It's nice to be sober despite being a bit boring lol

Contrygal last year I was putting my hair up in a top know and I felt two pops, then agony in my neck and arm. I ended up losing the use of my right arm and being bed ridden until they finally scanned me and saw I had spinal cord compression (just from that simple thing! My hair is rather long mind you haha). So I went to the neuro unit and had two steel joints, like hinges really, drilled into c6and c7. Ended up hooked on painkillers as well as booze so I really did not need that!! All good now though xx
Old 04-13-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I'm so slack at posting, this tiredness after work is rendering me useless! It's nice to be sober despite being a bit boring lol Contrygal last year I was putting my hair up in a top know and I felt two pops, then agony in my neck and arm. I ended up losing the use of my right arm and being bed ridden until they finally scanned me and saw I had spinal cord compression (just from that simple thing! My hair is rather long mind you haha). So I went to the neuro unit and had two steel joints, like hinges really, drilled into c6and c7. Ended up hooked on painkillers as well as booze so I really did not need that!! All good now though xx
Yikes! Did they ever find out what caused that in your spine? That sounds sooooooo unpleasant!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Well, this fatigue is really kicking my bum. I'm not going to make yoga tonight. Feel like I could fall asleep at my desk! Plus, need to get around for conference starting tomorrow night, get things ready for some work meetings, pack, etc. So I'm just gonna head home after work today. Stayed dry today. Wishing all a good day.

Anyone else having so much fatigue? Mine seems to come and go. Am sleeping, though
Old 04-13-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Yikes! V was my poison of choice... I shudder to think what problems are lying beneath my surface - eek!
I think the body can heal given time
Old 04-13-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kara888 View Post
I always get a sore throat after drinking too much vodka, it comes from the alcohol drying out the throat tissues. I've been doing some research today on health problems associated with drinking too much. It's really scary what can happen if we don't take control and let alcohol take over.
Hope you feel better soon kara. I tend to stay in a fog for the first three days after a binge, with body aches, like the flu. Withdraw is horrible. I dont want to do that anymore. Glad to join you on day one. It does get better with each passing hour, day. Hang in there!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hope you feel better soon kara. I tend to stay in a fog for the first three days after a binge, with body aches, like the flu. Withdraw is horrible. I dont want to do that anymore. Glad to join you on day one. It does get better with each passing hour, day. Hang in there!
Thank you Maximus. I'm sure we can do this together. If we can do one day we can do forever
Old 04-13-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kara - and welcome back Del

D
Old 04-13-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I'm on day 5. My therapist once told me it takes three days to detox from alcohol. At least that's what I think she said. I usually get cravings in the afternoon but I find that a big glass of lemon water helps. Also this site is extremely helpful
Old 04-13-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. I don't know why I keep repeating the same thing over and over- don't drink for 3, 4 even 5 days and then tell myself I'm not that bad and have 'just one'. Which turns into many. I am an alcoholic and I cannot moderate. So tired of waking up feeling ill and full of regret.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Fatigue is my middle name these days,coffee won't even make a dent,I've been waking early to exercise but I think sleep needs to be my main priority right now,welcome to all the new classmates,we got this😃
Old 04-13-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi Jan- I have always heard three days too. I am drinking lemon water right now.

Welcome Maximus & Nightshade!

Countrygal- I hope you get your energy back soon! It can take awhile.

Daisy- that had to be really painful.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Lots of sleep and hydration in the early days
My fatigue seems to hit around the 1 month mark
I am super blessed to have a great doctor who has given me sleeping pills rx which I use as sparingly as possible but which have made the world of difference to me in early recovery and even detoxing. I did finally exercise a bit today. I haven't exercised in weeks. I'm glad to see I didn't undo all my hard work.

Just so blah.... no smoking today and my lungs are thanking me.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noneever View Post
Day 1 again. I don't know why I keep repeating the same thing over and over- don't drink for 3, 4 even 5 days and then tell myself I'm not that bad and have 'just one'. Which turns into many. I am an alcoholic and I cannot moderate. So tired of waking up feeling ill and full of regret.
welcome noneever
Old 04-13-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Back to SR Again

I would like to join this group. I have relapsed many times but would like to quit drinking permanently. I don't believe I can be a social drinker. Today is Day 11. I have read the thread from the beginning and appreciate all the supporting and encouraging comments.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi Dickensen,I'm on day 12 for the 800th time,we can do this!!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the newcomers, stay close to SR, it helps tremendously. :-)

Vodka was my drink of choice as well.

I'm definitely feeling the fatigue, I was ready for bed at 7:30, I just wish I could stay asleep but I'm awake every couple of hours. If anyone has any tips on how to stay asleep please share..

Yikes Daisy, you poor thing! Who would think putting your hair up could cause such a huge problem!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dickensen View Post
I would like to join this group. I have relapsed many times but would like to quit drinking permanently. I don't believe I can be a social drinker. Today is Day 11. I have read the thread from the beginning and appreciate all the supporting and encouraging comments.
Great job on Day 11 Dickinson!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dickensen View Post
welcome dickensen
Old 04-13-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

CountryGal....Day 10.. :-)
Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
CountryGal....Day 10.. :-)
yay, us!! Lol