Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Just a thought. Can we maybe do a roll call and how many days you've been sober? I've noticed there are some new people to this group including myself and my brain is kinda getting scrambled reading back through all of the pages...lol
Old 04-12-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Welcome Karen!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Today's is day eight for me!!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm so happy to see we are on a Part 2...yay!

I've caught up with all of the posts...sorry if I missed someone please don't take it personally...this class is growing and it can be hard to keep up but I love that we have such a good class and it's growing!

mandosca, I can also be triggered by negativity and it REALLY gets to me when it is directed towards my daughter! I've heard this a couple of times here on SR that it will do us no good to "drink at them" when we are feeling like that. It is like taking poison and expecting the other person to feel bad. I try to remember that and instead do something healthy to cope instead of drink to dull it out.

amp123, nice challenge to make it to a part 3...I like it!

Winslow, I relate to the sinus issues, in fact, I finally had a sinus surgery last spring and wow, what a difference! Unbelievable really! I sleep so much better and have not had ONE infection in a whole year!

Hi HeatherKy1! Welcome to the April class! Way to get your "413" on! My daughter really likes this artist Spencer Kane...check out his song 413 (keep in mind that my daughter is almost 10 years old). This song is all about Phillipians 4:13. :-)

83mama0f2, great job on the diet ginger ale and making through your night and shutting down the AV quickly! It is a really great thing you were able to share with your MIL and that she is supportive. You must have a pretty good relationship!

charliesworld, thanks for the updates. I'm trying to keep more busy too so I don't eat so much in place of the drinking! I think many of us can relate to that! stargazer016 said it well..."staying busy is the key".

KarenOskie, you can make it through day 3. The first days are the hardest but if you can just stand strong, you will feel so good about it! Do you have any motivational podcasts or music that you can listen to throughout the day or at the end of the day when you might be at your weakest and are out and about? Something that will help deter you from picking up anything in those moments?

CountryGal, I had the same type of moments with my husband and I'm trying my best to just bit my tongue and wait for it to be over so I can go "recover" from the madness by doing something more healthy than drinking (like punching and kicking the kick bag downstairs ha ha!).
You're absolutely right AmazingJoy, drinking won't help anything... I use to drink to ignore my husband and his negativity but then sometimes I would bring it up when half in the bag and he wouldn't take me seriously anyways. So it did absolutely no good. I was in tears last night because I just couldn't listen to it anymore. He really brings me down sometimes. I wish I could just escape to another room but there's always stuff that has to be done, besides, he would just follow me anyways. Lol
Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by life1681 View Post
I just joined last night and have been posting on the new comers forum, very excited about having a class to come to I am on day 8, it's a good day, I have my plan for the day and am very exited about doing one of my passions that I have not done in a while, cooking... I had forgotten just how much the smells of the herbs and the smells of it all coming together soothe me.
I too have my four legged baby that has been such a help to me, when I started my withdrawal symptoms I was still drinking, although quite a lot less. And my boy was there for every shake, anxiety bought, and every tear, it's as if he knew before I did a symptom was about to happen because he comes to me and cuddles and gives me this look of its ok mom I'm here, and I love you. He truly is my best friend.
Welcome Life!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
Just a thought. Can we maybe do a roll call and how many days you've been sober? I've noticed there are some new people to this group including myself and my brain is kinda getting scrambled reading back through all of the pages...lol
49 days today. Feels really good... the first 15 or so were really really hard but then things clear up some. I post mostly in the February class but I feel that reading posts in the new classes really help me remember just how hard it was. That being said, it DOES get easier... the alcohol part. Life is still challenging without the booze but A LOT more managable. You all are doing amazing here... stay strong... you can do this!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Mandosca, today is my 8th day also, looking forward to day 9....
Thank you for the welcome
Old 04-12-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
OK - I think I've caught back up from last night. My apologies if I missed anyone.

So today - so far- is going much better than yesterday. I don't know if it was a lack of sugar or just the AV or just the fact that I'm barely over a week dry, but last night I just found everything obnoxious. Hubs got upset at me because apparently I was giving him "looks" that were less than pleasant. Well, I'm sorry, but I have more going on than just listening to you about how awesome you are at work, then drop everything I had planned for the night because you find it absolutely imperative to move around furniture, and, no - I don't know where I want the filing cabinets because I have no idea what things will look like once we move around the furniture that you have to have done, like, yesterday, and no - I'm sorry but I'm not strong enough to carry the ****ing desk down to the basement. Arrgghhh!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent everyone. It just became really frustrating and last night for several hours all I found myself doing was dreaming of a drink. I know that's awful. But full disclosure. It's the truth. I did make it through though. I had some sleepy time tea, took a hot bath, and journaled. Just kept telling myself to play the tape all the way through.

Today the sun is out and perhaps my body is starting to realign it's chemistry because I feel a lot less anxious or mad at the world.

Have a fabulous day in sobriety all - and thanks again for letting me vent
Sounds like we had pretty similar nights CountryGal.. I thought about drinking ALOT last night.. Same thing.. Husband problems..

But.... We made it through it! I'm happy to hear that you're having a better day today! Hopefully you're night goes well too! Maybe you can retreat to a different room if the husband starts getting on your nerves?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Finally have energy again

The past 2 days have been great for me. I got a good night sleep with no tossing and turning and I woke up with energy. I can't remember the last time I felt this way. Working on day 9 here and feeling like I got part of my life back. Also, this weekend we were invited to a BBQ for a friend's birthday. I honestly don't want to go because I know there will be a lot of drinking. I was trying to find any excuse to not go and make it seem like we already had plans. This is our very good friend and I realized he will understand completely if I told him why. I decided to tell the truth and just make other plans. I think im still too new to all of this to be able to handle being there.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A warm welcome to our new classmates.

I would also like to drop some weight. I am concentrating more on staying off the booze but am still trying to make smart food choices. But if some ice cream is what gets rid of a craving...I eat the ice cream with no worries. I am working on the hope that everything will fall into place eventually if while I do this sober thing. And exercising helps keep me on the right track but man I cant seem to catch a break. I am for the most part over my flu, but now my back is acting up. I have had back problems since I was a kid but I am in pretty terrible pain, not normal for me to be like this. Exercising is out beyond walking until this is fixed up. I have made a chiropractic and massage appointment for tomorrow but that seems like a long time away. I had to wonder if the back spasms have anything to do with withdrawal? Hmmmmmm

So the one thing I really really like about getting sober is how well I sleep. It's wonderful. This is one of the things I will talk to myself about when the AV rears it's ugly head....cause I sure do like the sleep I get sober.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Charly, similar situation with me actually. Except mine is work related and it's a person from the Corporate Office coming to town for a visit to meet everyone, do some PR, since he talks to all of us all the time and we have never met in person. I am terrified he is going to want to meet for drinks after since we are the last office on his journey. My husband and I work at the same place and has had a longer relationship with this man since he has worked in different areas of the business for almost 20 years.....so he will definitely want to go. I am practicing what I am going to say already...
Old 04-12-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry not checked in for a while, been back at work at really tired (but still not sleeping arghh). I haven't read all the posts I've missed but I will.
Day 6 for me and I feel so much better. I am eating the entire contents of my fridge but I don't care if it stops the cravings :-)

I bumped into my ex and he told me he misses me so much. It took away so much pain I feel happy again just knowing he doesn't hate me :-)

Love to you all xx
Old 04-12-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning guys

Dunno....feeling like the odd one out here.
Don't have a dog, don't have a husband....lol

Am I the only male on here?

Day 15 off to a good start....

Have a good day all.....
Old 04-12-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Morning guys

Dunno....feeling like the odd one out here.
Don't have a dog, don't have a husband....lol

Am I the only male on here?

Day 15 off to a good start....

Have a good day all.....
Morning Canguy! Just turning in here! 11pm european time!!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So far I'm doing good today. Been pretty occupied so I haven't had time to drink. Went to the chiropractor and it felt great! You should've heard my neck! And I was informed why I am having the pain after having the X-rays. Feel much better now.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ooh I used to love having my neck clicked by a chiropractor - the lightness afterwards was so lovely! Unfortunately my neck is now mostly metal so I can't ever feel that again :-(. I used to walk on my partners back to get a few crunchy clicks out of it !!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sooo I had a very decent day at work. Actually got off early. Annnnnnd I want a drink. The sun is shining. It's a BEAUTIFUL day. I'm downtown sitting outside at a coffee shop but fantasizing about the bar on the other side of the square. And I never even went to bars!!! I'm not going to drink. Have about another hour before the meeting. But this crap is true insanity. Ugggghhhhh.....hit me out of nowhere.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and welcome to the new people who joined.

Charliesworld- I am glad your husband is staying busy volunteering and I hope the new business works out. It sounds like he has had some bad luck. I hope something turns out soon for him.

CeeFarro- I am on day 7.

CharlyK- I think that is great you realized you can't go to the BBQ right now. It is awesome you are putting your sobriety first.

I had a really good day today. I stayed busy and I got plenty of exercise in. I went to the gym and then after dinner I walked around the neighborhood and got some sunshine. I feel great! I agree with everyone who says sober sleep is the best! When I wake up I just lay there a minute and remind myself how good it feels to sleep all night and to be hungry and ready to make breakfast. Also when I was hungover I didn't want coffee.....and I love coffee!!!

I hope everyone has a good evening. I think I am going to find a movie on netflix.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Heather- I hope the craving passes soon. It is weird how it can hit you out of no where. I hope you got a coffee.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Today is day 13 for me!!