Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-20-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueBlueBird View Post
Good morning, everyone! Day 4 here. I really wanted to drink last night but I didn't. It should feel like a victory but it's just tiring. It was exhausting to fight through. Speaking of exhausting, when I was drinking, I would get maybe 6.5 hours of not so great sleep and pop out of bed at 4:15 to work out. Now I'm going to bed earlier to avoid the urge, sleeping better, and barely dragging myself out of bed at 5:15. This happened last week before I slipped up, too. Anyone else? Anyway - my recovery plan for the day: I found another podcast I really like so now I have a couple to choose from. I will listen to them on my commute. I'm working with veterans today all day, which really makes me feel good and will not make me want to drink. This evening my husband has to work late so instead of our normal date-night, which normally includes a glass of wine or 2, I'm going to go for a run since I didn't get up in time this morning. Then I plan on trying to get some homework done, which will keep me from drinking until hopefully I'm so tired I just go to bed. I am not drinking today. BBB
Great plan, BBB. It looks like you are putting a lot of thought into mapping out a daily plan and that seems to be working well for you! On the sleeping, I'm starting day 12 today. Last week I was lethargic and slept pretty well and same thing about hard to get up. Last 2 nights, hard to sleep,,,getting about 5 hrs a night. I think my mind is going on overtime thinking about all the stuff I put off while drunk. Of course, then during the day...not super motivated. Every day focus is a bit better so really hoping I will get motivated to get on top of things soon.. Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Welcome Azure. Welcome back from your trip OnlyTheLonely.
For the couple of you talking about Day 2, I hope you have a wonderful day. Day 1 is under your belt, and you got this. You're moving forward and not back, and that's the only direction that matters.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I am house sitting for a family. Normally they have lots of wine for me left out as a thank you. I asked them prior to arriving if they could remove all wine as I am stopping drinking and don't want to be tempted. It was not an issue and arrived to a wine free place. I felt no judgement from them and it was just accepted as fine and they said that is great.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Found my way back Dee!

I have four days. I've got an appointment to see a counsellor shortly although I've been pretty much sober for a few months now. Just the binge every Friday or Saturday night to get rid of. The final push!
Old 04-20-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again Kopfan - I hope this is your time

D
Old 04-20-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Speaking of time - time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D