Administrator

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 04-11-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woohoo.. We have a part two!

Welcome to all the newcomers! I hope you guys find SR as useful as I have!

A big thank you to everyone that replied to my cry for help!! There were some awesome ideas!

Country Gal- So proud of you too!! We made it through the weekend! Day 8, that sounds wonderful.. I can't wait to say one month! My husband.. Ugg.. Sometimes I really think he is the reason I drink. I'm fine at work, in fact sometimes the minute I get home, I want to go back.. Lol.. I love him but he is just soo negative! Something I always have a hard time dealing with sober. If your husband is anything like mine.. I feel for you!!

I hope lots of people will post tonight.. I can already tell I am really going to need SR to keep me busy! :-)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Congratulations on making part 2! I challenge you to commiting to not having a drink till part 3! You can do this!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm down for the Challenge! :-)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey all,thanks for the warm welcome😊 someone asked if I knew why I relapsed after 138 days and I honestly don't know, I had been having some chronic sinus issues and I dunno if I just drank to forget,stupid reason but any reason for drinking is stupid anyways, I just want to stay connected with everyone, the Oct thread has dwindled down to just 3 of us,I will post there too just cuz over these months I've started to truly care about the others on that thread, I need to dust off my Rational Recovery books,should have kept them out in the open this whole time but there's a wild 3 year-old running around who loves ripping pages out of books haha,hope all are well😊
Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hey guys! Congratulations on making part 2! I challenge you to commiting to not having a drink till part 3! You can do this!!!
What a great challenge!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I'm down for the Challenge! :-)
Old 04-11-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey all,thanks for the warm welcome😊 someone asked if I knew why I relapsed after 138 days and I honestly don't know, I had been having some chronic sinus issues and I dunno if I just drank to forget,stupid reason but any reason for drinking is stupid anyways, I just want to stay connected with everyone, the Oct thread has dwindled down to just 3 of us,I will post there too just cuz over these months I've started to truly care about the others on that thread, I need to dust off my Rational Recovery books,should have kept them out in the open this whole time but there's a wild 3 year-old running around who loves ripping pages out of books haha,hope all are well😊
So glad you're here Winslow
Old 04-11-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I recall reading that someone - was it Daisy? - or maybe it was someone else, but anywho. Regarding setting your time zone (that was throwing me off, too), on an iPad I did the following and it worked for me:

1.) Toward the top of the page on the toolbar on the top left click the menu that says "User CP"

2.) Edit Options

3.) Under the "Settings" area on the left, choose to "Edit Options"

4.) If you keep scrolling you should see a section for "Date and Time"

Hope that helps!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just found this thread! 😀 I'd love to join!!
My first full day sober was last Monday April 4th. I've actually had a pretty good day today. I still need to find ways to unwind after work...my biggest trigger though there are many. Lol. But sleeping is working for now. 😁

I've been trying to eat as healthy as possible and drink plenty of water. I read a recovery devotion first thing in the morning and I find that definitely starts the day off right. I'm also going to try to get up earlier in the mornings and get on the treadmill. This might sound crazy...but keeping my days full and productive won't let me succumb to my usual night owl drunk self.

Anyway....really encouraged by everyone's posts!! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!! ❤️🙏❤️
Old 04-11-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeatherKy1 View Post
Just found this thread! dde00 I'd love to join!! My first full day sober was last Monday April 4th. I've actually had a pretty good day today. I still need to find ways to unwind after work...my biggest trigger though there are many. Lol. But sleeping is working for now. dde01 I've been trying to eat as healthy as possible and drink plenty of water. I read a recovery devotion first thing in the morning and I find that definitely starts the day off right. I'm also going to try to get up earlier in the mornings and get on the treadmill. This might sound crazy...but keeping my days full and productive won't let me succumb to my usual night owl drunk self. Anyway....really encouraged by everyone's posts!! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!! ❤️dde4f❤️
Welcome heather! And no - that doesn't sound crazy. Staying busy helps me too. My day one was last Monday, too. Congrats on day 8!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Amp- great idea about the challenge! I am in!

Welcome Heather- I love to stay busy too. I have been walking and eating healthy. It feels good to be back on track with that.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
I think I recall reading that someone - was it Daisy? - or maybe it was someone else, but anywho. Regarding setting your time zone (that was throwing me off, too), on an iPad I did the following and it worked for me:

1.) Toward the top of the page on the toolbar on the top left click the menu that says "User CP"

2.) Edit Options

3.) Under the "Settings" area on the left, choose to "Edit Options"

4.) If you keep scrolling you should see a section for "Date and Time"

Hope that helps!!!

Thanks!! that helps a lot.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome, Heather! Glad you're here...keep posting! Day 10 in the books for me. Hitting the hay. Goodnight everyone.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 3 here. Doing okay. Had a stressful day with my 4.5 year old. Growth spurt? She's moody, having Accidents, hungry, tired, and is regressing(talking like a baby). Super frustrating. I normally would be counting down until I'm home so I can have a drink and the thoughts entered my mind but I quickly hushed them saying "I don't drink" in my head. It works! Amazing. I did indulge in cheese and bagel chips and a giant cinnamon roll right before bed but I avoided alcohol and that is the main goal right now. told my MIL that I was quitting at a family gathering yesterday. She was extremely supportive and said she'd do whatever she could to support me. Everyone was drinking and hubby made sure I had a diet ginger ale in my hands at all times.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh and finally has the energy to take my 7 year old on a mile and a half bike ride.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Heather

D
Old 04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Heather!
Old 04-12-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi - morning guys

Welcome to all the newcomers.

Midwest - thank you for asking. He is looking for work. It's been tough for him, he used to be in a highly paid job but was made redundant 3 times in the space of about 4 years (his industry was going through a bad patch). This last one has been terrible, it was nearly 3 years ago and he just cannot seem to find work. He's either too qualified or gets through but then gets pipped at the post by someone more experienced. He has done some courier work to get a bit of money in but that dried up a few months ago. He does a lot of volunteer stuff and is trying to start up a new business but that will only give us a bit of spending money. I can't see it taking off and doing really well. Still at least he is trying. Not that that helps me in any way!

Ok last night! I think most of you know my story now. I have managed to get to the point I don't drink often, I do have binges every now and again which cause me problems. I did use to drink daily which turned into all day binges which would pretty much only stop when I couldn't get any more alcohol or couldn't physically drink anymore, but then I was forced to stop due to getting pg and that seemed to break that cycle. My addiction has turned to food and yesterday, had my plan, made nice healthy meals, did ok at work, got home sorted tea and the kids out but then my OH had a meeting so went out. As soon as he went out of the door I started binge eating. I ate loads. All my planning and good intentions out of the window. It's the same pattern of behaviour as when I was drinking except obv the consequences are not the same. I really want to lose weight, but can't seem to stop the binge eating. And it is binge eating. Most of the time my meals and food are ok but then I will eat thousands of calories in one sitting - icecream/crisps/chocolate/cake.

Amp - I love the idea of getting to part 3 but I will be doing it with no food binges as well as alcohol.

Winslow - my last drink caught me completely by surprise. I hadn't been thinking about it, wasn't planning it in anyway, but then my OH decided he was going to see a friend, it was saturday night and within half an hour I'd been to the shop bought vodka and had come home and had a massive drink. That was pretty much the last I remember until Monday.

So today is Tuesday and I'm logging off from here for today. I need to get some work done and this site is a distraction lol. I keep opening it up and reading everyone's posts and comments.

Have a great day everyone and stay strong.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Welcome heather! And no - that doesn't sound crazy. Staying busy helps me too. My day one was last Monday, too. Congrats on day 8!
Staying busy is key. The AV talks non stop if you are bored. I used to start drinking often because I was bored and thought I needed an attitude adjustment. Do anything you can to derail that thought train.