Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-13-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeatherKy1 View Post
Sooo I had a very decent day at work. Actually got off early. Annnnnnd I want a drink. The sun is shining. It's a BEAUTIFUL day. I'm downtown sitting outside at a coffee shop but fantasizing about the bar on the other side of the square. And I never even went to bars!!! I'm not going to drink. Have about another hour before the meeting. But this crap is true insanity. Ugggghhhhh.....hit me out of nowhere.
I know that feeling! How did your yesterday go, heather?
Old 04-13-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
Ooh I used to love having my neck clicked by a chiropractor - the lightness afterwards was so lovely! Unfortunately my neck is now mostly metal so I can't ever feel that again :-(. I used to walk on my partners back to get a few crunchy clicks out of it !!
Eek! May I ask what happened to your neck, daisy?
Old 04-13-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
So far I'm doing good today. Been pretty occupied so I haven't had time to drink. Went to the chiropractor and it felt great! You should've heard my neck! And I was informed why I am having the pain after having the X-rays. Feel much better now.
so glad you're feeling better Jillian
Old 04-13-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Morning guys Dunno....feeling like the odd one out here. Don't have a dog, don't have a husband....lol Am I the only male on here? Day 15 off to a good start.... Have a good day all.....
lol- but think of it this way- you're like the second brother I never had 😜 hope you're having a great day!!
Old 04-13-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning all. I, too, need to reign in this eating. Up a couple pounds already this morning. Not good. At this rate I'll look like grimace in a month!

Made it thru yesterday, which wasn't as bad as the day before. Woke up with anxiety again this morning, which made me want to drink. Not even sure what is causing the anxiety. Anyone else experiencing this?

Well, it's off to get ready for the day. Wednesday is my later day so at least i got to sleep in. Wishing everyone an in control, dry day!!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning!! Glad to see everyone is hanging in there. 😀 I made it through yesterday and today is looking to be a good day. I'm so glad I didn't drink yesterday. The mood really will pass if you can just get through one day at a time.

Cheers to another 24 hours of sobriety!!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Has anyone seen ChickChick lately? I'm worried...
Old 04-13-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi - just a quick check in. It's lunchtime so I'm a bit later getting on here than normal. I decided to go for a run this morning before work. I forgot how great a way it is to stat the day. Only problem is it takes me twice as long to get into work so I end up losing a couple of hours work time.

No drinking for me but have eaten terribly the last few days. Today though I've had a lovely salad for lunch and will make sure I have a good tea. I'm out with friends tomorrow night so chances are it will be a burger or something.

Congrats to everyone still around. welcome to the new ones. I'll try and catch up properly tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Karen- I love the idea of a sober book. Great idea!!

Countrygirl- I have a little anxiety at times. I get hyper. lol. I like to go to the gym and walk it off or sometimes I can relax by taking a bubble bath or reading a book.

Charliesworld- good job on the run!! The salad sounds great too.

Heather- great job yesterday!!

I hope everyone has a great day. If your thinking about a drink log in here and talk it out!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning! Congratulations to everyone for another day sober! Starting out the day with SR and reading all of your posts is so inspiring. Proud of all of you!!

Day 12 for me. Getting grounded here and reading a bit before I head out into the world. Another hang over free morning and it does feel good!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 1

I'm making today my first day sober. I drank nearly a whole bottle of vodka yesterday and the same the day before. I regularly drink like this. Today I'm all puffy and tired.

Things hit a rock bottom for me in January when I was charged with failing to provide a sample of breath after having been picked up by the Police when driving. I am now disqualified. Five days after spending the night in a cell, and whilst on bail, I caught myself thinking about getting in the car again (drunk) to buy more vodka. That was the point I started to realise just how bad my drink problem is.

I subsequently took a 7-week break from drinking but I'm back at it again. I hate myself for it. Sometimes I worry that I will be boring sober, but that is ridiculous considering how boring I am living my drunk life...

So today is day 1 (again). I'm looking forward to making this journey with all of you

X
Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welcome Kara!

I am glad you decided to make this your first day and to take the journey with us!

Please take care of yourself today. Drink a lot of water and get plenty of rest. You will feel a lot better tomorrow.

I am sure you felt great those 7 weeks you were sober. Did anything happen to make you want to pick it back up? also don't beat yourself up too badly. We have all made mistakes. That was yesterday...we only got today and can only change now.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thank you. I stayed sober for 7 weeks because I felt so guilty about having been caught drinking and driving, once that started to wear off I was back drinking. This time I'm giving up because I would like to get my life on track. I don't really have a life because I spend so much time and money on alcohol.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Morning class I'm back after a week or more of trying to walk through quicksand.

Hope everyone has a good sober day.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Kara- I see. The money you save from not drinking will add up quickly! Maybe plan something you have always wanted to do and start saving.

welcome back Delizadee.

I have been procrastinating today. I did exercise 40 minutes and I had a good lunch but that has been about it. I better go tackle the work I have to do.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Welcome Kara!

Thank you for sharing your story. Sounded pretty much like me, right down to the title "Day 1".

I didn't get arrested for drinking and driving. IDK how I avoided it. I was normally drunk in the car with an open container to boot. I had a bottle of rum or vodka in the car all the time.

Go all in or fold.
Give it everything. You CAN do this!

I know, because I was you 1year ago.....Drinking bottles of vodka as much as entire families drink cola.

Wondering just how bad do things have to get before I wake up?

You are quit now. Take a sigh of relief. The madness is over.

One step at a time. One day at a time.

Today...the only thing on your list is to simply not drink and make a huge list of all the reasons alcohol has harmed you. List all the things that alcohol has done to you. List all those things you did while drunk that you regret.

Write it all down. See how many problems listed as a result of drinking. See if you can list over 100.

That is your motivator. Some of it is very motivating now, others will be later.

When that's done...
Make a list of the good that alcohol has brought to your life.

Think hard about it.
Now that list is the list of lies that your addiction is going to use to make you cave.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank you so much InControl15 I feel such a failure but things can only get better from here. I'm going to get to work on those lists pdq
Old 04-13-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I've gotta rework my plan. Right now I'm going hour by hour. Imay have crossed the dependence line again. So far so good today.
I was getting drunk before I finished my first drink and feeling withdrawals in about 4 hours time

It is definitely not worth it. There was no joy to be had a all. I asked av flat out how far it intended to take me. It shrugged and said, you should know by now. Till you're dead.
So. Game over while I still have a player left in the race.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kara888 View Post
Thank you so much InControl15 I feel such a failure but things can only get better from here. I'm going to get to work on those lists pdq
I used to drink while driving sometimes and would often drive under the influence. Even drive off the road one night but somehow managed to avoid legal entanglements. So happy I don't have to do any of that anymore. My life is so much easier now I don't feel like I have to be apologising every time I open my mouth. It's taken since April 20th last year to get this far but I would never go back!

Stick with it guys! If I can do this anyone can... seriously!!
Old 04-13-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I've been wanting to give up for more than a year but I was always scared that I would not be able to manage without alcohol, the thought of never having another drink petrified me.

I don't know why but I don't feel scared any more. Alcohol has nothing to offer except misery. My throat is so sore today.