last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-21.html

D
Old 04-18-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow, part 10?! amazing
Old 04-18-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, fellow Marchers! Feeling pretty worn out but can't complain....guess I'll get some sleep and check in again tomorrow.

Glad you're all here...and thanks Kiki for deciding to stay!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing tonight?

I can feel myself slipping from posting more frequently and I can't let that get away from me because when that happens a slip becomes more likely.

Been there, done that...
Old 04-18-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

goodnight purplrks

Applekat - I'm consciously posting more every time i feel myself pulling away too. Trying to get involved in more little groups and make a commitment to help others every day. Everytime I've stopped posting, I've started drinking not too long after, so I definitely think we should try to stay active here.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I'm just checking in for the first time since this morning b/c it's been a busy day...which is good. I also ran and signed up for my first 5k next fall so that will motivate me to keep running!

AND THIS HAPPENED TONIGHT:
I was making dinner and my husband said "how is your friend Kim's mom & sister?"

I was like "what are you talking about?"

He said "you came home a few weeks ago and said you had been with Kim all night because her mom had a heart attack and her sister had a car accident and they were both in the hospital!"

I said "huh? When exactly did I say that???"

We looked at each other & I think he realized I lied because I was drunk and was really at a bar. :-(

The scary thing is I have ZERO memory of that & he said I said it in front of our kids too!

OMG! I must have been in a black out! I haven't had one of those in years. It must have been this one night several weeks ago that I did shots at the bar!

Anyway...never again! Alcohol makes me a crazy, lying, loser!

Scary!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
How's everyone doing tonight?

I can feel myself slipping from posting more frequently and I can't let that get away from me because when that happens a slip becomes more likely.

Been there, done that...
That's me too AppleKat. When I drift away from SR I'm very likely to slip!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good here. Husband's last night home for a while. Will talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm calling it a night folks. Have a great evening. See you tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I got off work about an hour and a half ago but went and ate some dinner and did a little shopping before heading home. It was slow but I still made decent, not great, money.

I like that show too, beerbgone. I don't watch it religiously but it's good background noise.

Yeah, I got what you were saying, Missy7. I was just using what you said to reflect on my own experiences when I started thinking I had some control over my drinking. It's good for me to remember the way my mind works when that addiction starts taking charge. Once again, congrats on finishing up the IOP.

I saw my first ice cream cart of the year on the streets earlier today, ManInTheArena, and it made me think of your avatar. Hope you're doing well.

Sounds like you're making some very positive steps putting your recovery first and devoting a lot of time to it, immri. Pet the Beast for us. Boy, someone that wandered in here and didn't know what we were talking about might really wonder about that previous sentence, eh?

I'm sorry your ex didn't respect your wishes and used some kind of nefarious means to contact you, forabetterlife. I don't think that was right for him to do. You're absolutely right that drinking will only make it worse. I vaguely remember you talking about the breakup last year in these forums, though I don't remember the details anymore. Stick close with us, especially if those cravings or thoughts of drinking come back.

That's awesome note about your kayaking photograph, Kayak63sc! Definitely a lot of talent and beauty in the photos you have shared with us recently.

Thanks for the new digs, Dee74! Double digits, my fellow March Madness-ers! We're pretty awesome, I think.

Sweet dreams, Purplrks3647! I hope life is treating you well.

Posting way less and stopping asking for help or helping others were the big warning signs for me last year before I had my big relapse, Applekat. That's good that you're recognizing that in yourself. If you need any hints on being a chatterbox here, I know a guy who knows a guy who could probably help you out.

That's quite a story, KiKi0615. Good news is you never have to worry about dealing with those type of lies again as long as you stay on the road you're on right now. Also, very cool you're making some definite plans and progress on your goal of running a 5K.

Sleep good, Bobbieka! How long is your husband going to be gone?

If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so soon. You're not going to find a better class than this one right here. Even if you've been drinking--make a commitment to yourself and us and get back here where you belong. We understand.

And if you're thinking of drinking, remember to ask for help and that you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing out there, Bat-immri?

I'm headed to bed. Talk to everyone in the morning Texas time!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Goodnight Casey! Your previous post had me laughing btw, I hope someone does stumble across this and think what the heck
Been trying to study all day without much success, gonna get some more ice cream and coffee. Sleep well!
Old 04-19-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yo gang, whazzup?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

about to think about dinner Fabela - catch you later on

D
Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
about to think about dinner Fabela - catch you later on

D
Enjoy!
Old 04-19-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Just doing a quick check-in be fore heading to work. Our weekend away was a lot of fun but I am actually looking forward to getting back into a routine

Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-19-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

here's to another day clean & sober! praying to be able to continue to walk thru a true nightmare with dignity, grace, & sobriety! pray hard- or whatever you guys all do- for a good outcome for my son, my hubby, me, our precious granddaughter!
Old 04-19-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Taxes, kids, arguing wife. They won. I lost. Day 1, I hope.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Fine day here. Just checking in. I hope everybody has a great day. Just remember that alcohol will not improve anything!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry, Lofty. Glad you are here though.