Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 05-09-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

London,you are spot n brotha,being on your gem and ahead of things is such a great feeling!

Let's get ready for a great week ahead guys!

"The first step to becoming is to will it." Mother Theresa
Old 05-10-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Just a quick check on in my way to work. All good. The weather has broken here so I just got a rain soaking on the way to the station! It was fun and woke me up though, ha ha

Thanks determined. It's next to be ahead. Hope I can keep it that way

In other news I have just had an offer accepted to buy a new apartment! So very excited about that. Not going to stress through the process and just going to roll with it 😀

Have a great Tuesday guys and hope you are all doing great
Old 05-10-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday gang.

No travel this week, which is sweet. Congrats on the new apartment London!

Have a fantastic day peeps!

"Make not your thoughts your prisons." Shakespeare
Old 05-10-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Let's have a great one!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new apartment, London!! It's going to be great!

Had a few first good days at the new job, and I'm going to love it!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Happy hump day kids!

Awesome stuff on the new job choobie!! Very happy for you my friend!

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." Muhammad Ali
Old 05-11-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Choobie, I am very happy for you - you worked hard for this job, and it is wonderful that you are already enjoying it.

London, congratulations on the new apartment. Is it close to where you are now? What made you decide to move?

Determned, I love this morning's quote. I was never into boxing, but I enjoy watching Muhammad Ali's daughter compete in televised cooking competitions.

Ultra, how is the running?

Pink, let us know when you get back.

Dry, Grateful - drop us a line to let us know how you are.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hey #TeamAugust!

All is good here. On day 12, feeling tired but grateful to be sober. I have been searching for a job and finally had some responses yesterday. More motivation to stay sober which I need in these early days.

Some stress about my financial situation but I am optimistic that it will get better if I keep doing the next right thing.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Choobie and London

It took me a long time to sort out my financial mess but I did Grateful...hang in there

Hope everyone is having a god week
D
Old 05-12-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Hope you are all doing well. Yesterday I went to a trade fair. On my feet all day. It's was so nice to get home and crash out and leave everyone else to the mess of going out afterwards

It's a sunny Thursday in the UK!

Ah thanks guys for the nice messages. Finally I have my Financials back in a good spot. It has taken ages.... You can do it grateful, keep going 😀
Old 05-12-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hope all is well Team!

I'm going to run 10 miles or so early Saterday followed by a 5k with my son. This is the first week of training for the October 50k.

Next year I'm going to attempt a race series in Massachusets. A June 50k, an August 8 hour run around a .33 mile track, and a September 50 miler.

Assuming I complete these races I earn a good belt buckle.

I've got some serious work to do since I'm only recently getting back into running.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!!

Boy this week went by quickly. Ready for some weekend activities.

Grateful, great to see you are back on track. You can do this my friend, keep on posting and reaching out. I guarantee everything will fall into place for you.

"We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same." Carlos castenada

Let's do this thing.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

So the individual I've been messaging with has decided to take some time to regroup and make some progress before getting back in touch with me.

I don't take this personally at all. If anything,, it's a reminder of where I was and the challenges one faces making a firm commitment to tackling this thing.

Relentless Forward Progress!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Had a busy one today so just checking in Friday evening.

That's good of you to reach out Ultra. It helps. I had a lot of people try and help me before I made a decision. I wish I could go back and thank them even though I am sure it looked like I was running away. I was listening and learning - I just didn't know it at the time.

Hope you guys are all set for a nice weekend. Very happy it's down town for me !
Old 05-14-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

14 Miles today. 11.3 in the trails followed by a 2.5 mile color run with my son. It felt good to log some long miles. Tomorrow, I expect it won't feel that good!

In the Color Run one runs through. "color stations" where people throw powder mixed with corn syrup. Good times. The run supported anti-addiction initiarptives and was in the honor of someone who died from a heroin overdose at 20.

Stay strong Team!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!

I hope you are enjoying some well deserved down time London. The run sounds awesome there ultra!

Off to a big flea market, love that kinda thing.

"The man that makes everything that leads to happiness depend upon himself, and not upon other men, has adopted the very best plan for living happily." Plato

Have a wonderful day gang!
Old 05-15-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

The color run sounds like it was a lot of fun, for a good cause, and something to share with your son-awesome all around! Like London, I can think of many people who tried to help me before I was ready to see it for myself. But their words and the fact that they cared stayed with me and gave me strength to keep going once I finally started down the right path. Great job!

I'm going to see The Shining-an opera based on Stephen King's novel today. I'm intrigued. Other than that, just doing some homework and catching up with family and housework this weekend.

Love!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Happy Monday kids!

Weekend flew by being so busy! Man it did! That's ok, busy is good.

Interesting concert there choobie! How was it?

Packed work week ahead, grateful to be mentally ready for the challenge.

"Not choice but habit rules the unreflective herd." William Wordsworth

Let's do this thing.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I spoke at a seminar on Friday in Boston, stayed over and went to a wildly exciting Red Sox game on Saturday and another on Sunday!

Grateful, I am always happy to see that you have posted. I have found that I spend much less money since stopping drinking. The cost of drinks at restaurants, ordering in pizza or Chinese food, buying beer and wine daily and usually buying other unnecessary things so it would not look like I was only buying drinks really added up.

London, when are you moving?

Determined, I love outdoor flea markets, rummage sales, yard sales- the indoor ones do a job on my sinuses.

Ultra, that color run sounds like a hoot! Could anyone do it, or was it for "real" runners?

Choobie, I started one of Steven King's books years ago-Misery-and could not finish it - It scared me like no other book I have ever read!

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Howdy guys and girls

Late on Monday evening so doing a check in. All good with me. I had a weekend off Internet and Facebook and Twitter and the like. I find after a while I am glued to social media like I used to rely on other things.

Much needed rest! Caught up with some friends and used the phone to call friends and family.

Sometimes I need to correct the balance in my life. I don't think I will ever get any of my addiction work ever 100% correct but I try my best and don't beat myself up. And feeling good anyway!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Oh Scooter that's so kind of you to ask. Probably 2 months as I am the very start of the chain and it's just building. I am in a good place with all my papers and finance. Such a difference nowadays.

Determined - hope you are having a good week. Crazy one for me too but it's good to feel ready for the challenges

Catch you guys tomorrow 😉