Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 27

Old 03-01-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So many of the oils have wonderful benefits.
Yes, the healthy oils and fats. I agree. It's an omega-6.

Did a quick search on primrose. Surprisingly lists alcoholism in the uses. I'd be into it just for the skin benefits since I'm outside all the time.

Thanks V.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

So funny Venus. I just got Evening Primrose Oil in today's mail. I recently started the Oil Cleansing Method and that is one of the oils recommended for aging skin. I ordered borage oil as well. Avocado and Extra Virgin Olive I already had. My skin is really liking the OCM. You put the oil on your hands, warm it and massage it into dry skin, in circles, then follow with a steaming washcloth held over your face. I do the washcloth/steam a few times. There are different formulas for various skin types. As a soaper I am well aware that oils have different properties but had never tried the OCM.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
So funny Venus. I just got Evening Primrose Oil in today's mail. I recently started the Oil Cleansing Method and that is one of the oils recommended for aging skin. I ordered borage oil as well. Avocado and Extra Virgin Olive I already had. My skin is really liking the OCM. You put the oil on your hands, warm it and massage it into dry skin, in circles, then follow with a steaming washcloth held over your face. I do the washcloth/steam a few times. There are different formulas for various skin types. As a soaper I am well aware that oils have different properties but had never tried the OCM.

OCM sounds very interesting, BD. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Yes, the healthy oils and fats. I agree. It's an omega-6.

Did a quick search on primrose. Surprisingly lists alcoholism in the uses. I'd be into it just for the skin benefits since I'm outside all the time.

Thanks V.

I take omega-6 supplements every day. I'll have to look into the ones for the skin.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, thanks so much for checking on me. It’s so nice to come on here and feel so welcome.

The past week has been tough. I’m in the low part of my cycle, obviously, and I’ve been struggling to balance everything and take proper care of myself. I’ve been battling some very intense emotions and feeling very confused. It’s a bit too much to manage with my usual coping strategies, so I’ve just been keeping quiet and as calm as possible while I basically wait for the chemical imbalance to correct itself (and inevitably overcorrect, but whatever). I’m feeling a little better today, so I’m hopeful I’m on the upswing.

Yesterday my boss told me we don’t have it in the budget to keep my assistant, so her last day will be in April. My boss said she anticipates this will be stressful, so she’s opening a worker’s comp claim for me, which means there will be inquiries into the situation with my mental health, which I keep strictly confidential at work. This is totally freaking me out. Luckily one of my closest friends is a worker’s comp attorney, and she gave me some helpful guidance, so I’m feeling a little better. My daughter is sick and I will need to stay home with her tomorrow, so that will give me a chance to think about it more. It's just a lot to take in when I'm already struggling.

Today I felt totally overwhelmed by stress and anger, and for a while I was 100% sure the only way to cope was to get drunk. It's a good thing there wasn't any alcohol nearby because I would have been on it. The fact that this feeling came in so strong was pretty unsettling. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I really need to be vigilant of that as I deal with the work stress which is a huge trigger for me.

Thank you guys for the support and concern. I'm grateful to be here and sober tonight.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't understand why they'll open a workers comp claim for you (unasked) but remove your assistant anyway.

I'm glad you had someone to talk to that understands it anyway Briar

D
Old 03-01-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I was wondering that too.
Can they do that on your behalf?

I'm so glad you came to talk Briar love. This is a lot to deal with, and I know that I get very triggered when I am overwhelmed.

I'm sorry A is sick, but glad you will have a day off.

I would imagine you have an appt with your therapist soon?
It might be good to talk to him.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Agreed that the comp claim seems odd. Be sure it is legal as far as your situation is concerns.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Yeah it's weird, she did this to three of my coworkers too, and we all feel violated and intruded upon. I didn't think she could do it on my behalf either, but apparently she can.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Briar, your boss sounds extremely unprofessional. How is it possibly in your best interest to inform you now of your assistant's pending termination? You are supposed to see this ax over her poor head every day and just wait for it to fall?

If that's not stressful, I don't know what is. She's implying that your job causes stress, therefore W/C and she wishes to exacerbate that? I am at a complete loss here.

I have way too much work, but it's never stressful. Each day I pick and choose what can be accomplished knowing that tomorrow is a new day.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Briar, your boss sounds extremely unprofessional. How is it possibly in your best interest to inform you now of your assistant's pending termination? You are supposed to see this ax over her poor head every day and just wait for it to fall?

If that's not stressful, I don't know what is. She's implying that your job causes stress, therefore W/C and she wishes to exacerbate that? I am at a complete loss here.

I have way too much work, but it's never stressful. Each day I pick and choose what can be accomplished knowing that tomorrow is a new day.
^^^ Well said, phoebe.

As the others, I don't understand why your boss is opening a workmen's compensation claim on your behalf especially in anticipation of a reaction on your part. That's very puzzling.

I am glad that you have a close friend who is a worker's compensation attorney who can give you some guidance.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday/Thursday, all.

Be back later.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I was going to try to get a little more winter clean-up completed today but the wind has really picked up maybe tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
^^^ Well said, phoebe. As the others, I don't understand why your boss is opening a workmen's compensation claim on your behalf especially in anticipation of a reaction on your part. That's very puzzling. I am glad that you have a close friend who is a worker's compensation attorney who can give you some guidance.
I don't get it either. Open a false claim so you can sit at home and get paid or is she planning on compensating you with that money for a fired assistant? Either way sounds sketchy. I'm glad there's an attorney you can trust for guidance on the matter.

Glad there was no alcohol in site either, Briar. That sounded like a close call.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hope that your day is going well, Briar.

Thinking of you.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hope that everyone is having a great day!!!!!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Doing fine over here tonight, Leigh!

Boy, it's super cold and windy again. Thought spring was on its way!!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Going to rain here tonight, and continue for the next few days. Awesome, we need it!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Home with my daughter today. She's doing much better. Her fever spiked during the night, though, and it was like the exorcist up in here. Husband and I are dragging today, and she's hopping around like a little robin. Parenthood...zzz...

Watching Hotel Transylvania, both 1 and 2. Current household favorite. That and Megamind. So funny for kids and adults. You guys should check them out.

Crunching on some chia seed pudding. Yum.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

You had me until crunching on chia seed pudding...

Glad your little one is feeling better Briar.