Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 27

Old 03-03-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Arbor, I do weekly post on my Facebook page for everyone to read it. I get support from friends and I also help others. But it's nothing like SR ...I never went to a meeting. I just got tired of drinking after 30 years. I have a long ways to go though. .......I plan to visit SR daily now. SR is reality check for me, seeing the first timers on SR
Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Goodnight, everyone; see you tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, Y'all!

I hope you're feeling better soon, Leigh. That sounds miserable.

Sorry to hear about the work stress, Briar. My goodness. It's one thing after another there. Keeping swinging and hissing at the bottle. It won't help one bit.

Big hugs to everyone else. All good here, just found a forum for step parents last weekend that I've been spending my down time on in the evenings. It has been very helpful. This weekend, I've got a ton of work to wrap up and plan to get my garden beds prepped for planting. It should be a pretty chill couple of days with lots of sunshine and time in the backyard. Aaaaaahhh
Old 03-04-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Popeye2014 View Post
Arbor, I do weekly post on my Facebook page for everyone to read it. I get support from friends and I also help others. But it's nothing like SR ...I never went to a meeting. I just got tired of drinking after 30 years. I have a long ways to go though. .......I plan to visit SR daily now. SR is reality check for me, seeing the first timers on SR

Hi, Popeye; great to see you!!!! Helping others is so therapeutic, isn't it? It's like a balm for an aching soul.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Happy Friday, Y'all!

I hope you're feeling better soon, Leigh. That sounds miserable.

Sorry to hear about the work stress, Briar. My goodness. It's one thing after another there. Keeping swinging and hissing at the bottle. It won't help one bit.

Big hugs to everyone else. All good here, just found a forum for step parents last weekend that I've been spending my down time on in the evenings. It has been very helpful. This weekend, I've got a ton of work to wrap up and plan to get my garden beds prepped for planting. It should be a pretty chill couple of days with lots of sunshine and time in the backyard. Aaaaaahhh

Enjoy the gardening, conquest. The fruits of your labors will be so delicious!!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

The hives are not quite as itchy this morning, but the prednisone still has me in Crazy Town - hate the stuff.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Happy Friday/Saturday.

Enter the Weekend!!!!! Yay!!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Popeye! Congrats on your six months, that's a huge accomplishment! You can learn a lot from slips about how to protect your recovery. I hope you'll stick around!

Work is weird. The workers comp insurance investigator called me yesterday to take my statement about the "injury." I didn't give the statement, just asked her for info on the process. I'll probably call back and give the statement today. Need to get this handled. She said if I choose to pursue the lawsuit, they will order my medical and psych records for the past year. Yikes! No thanks! This feels so intrusive.

Anyway, just trying to handle the stress. I feel like I'm doing well, but when I had lunch with my friend yesterday (the one who has helped me through everything, I'll call him T), he said "something's wrong with you." He made me promise to tell him if I drink again or if I sense that I'm headed for a breakdown. I think I'm okay right now, but he's concerned. My husband worked until 11 last night, so T came over and just hung out so I wouldn't be alone. He's in no mood to deal with another mess like last year. I promised to be very careful this time. I did struggle with food yesterday though, only ate about 500 calories, going to be better about that today.

Leigh I hope you can get some relief, that sounds terrible!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Leigh, just reading about your hives. How miserable. No new foods or spices? Laundry or bath products? I'm sure you've been running everything possible through your mind. I hope today brings you relief.

Hi, Popeye! I'll have to go read your newcomers thread. Congrats on the 6 months.

I'm tired today. Need to go get daughter early. She has a nasty cold. I keep feeling vague symptoms, but hope I'm fighting it off. She's not the best at keeping her germs to herself. She tends toward drama, and coughs and blows all over the place. I want to be sympathetic, but had to scold her a few time last night! Clorox wipes and hand washing are my friend today.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Leigh, just reading about your hives. How miserable. No new foods or spices? Laundry or bath products? I'm sure you've been running everything possible through your mind. I hope today brings you relief.

Hi, Popeye! I'll have to go read your newcomers thread. Congrats on the 6 months.

I'm tired today. Need to go get daughter early. She has a nasty cold. I keep feeling vague symptoms, but hope I'm fighting it off. She's not the best at keeping her germs to herself. She tends toward drama, and coughs and blows all over the place. I want to be sympathetic, but had to scold her a few time last night! Clorox wipes and hand washing are my friend today.

Hope that you don't catch that cold, phoebe!!!!! Hope your daughter conquers her cold quickly.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Popeye! Congrats on your six months, that's a huge accomplishment! You can learn a lot from slips about how to protect your recovery. I hope you'll stick around!

Work is weird. The workers comp insurance investigator called me yesterday to take my statement about the "injury." I didn't give the statement, just asked her for info on the process. I'll probably call back and give the statement today. Need to get this handled. She said if I choose to pursue the lawsuit, they will order my medical and psych records for the past year. Yikes! No thanks! This feels so intrusive.

Anyway, just trying to handle the stress. I feel like I'm doing well, but when I had lunch with my friend yesterday (the one who has helped me through everything, I'll call him T), he said "something's wrong with you." He made me promise to tell him if I drink again or if I sense that I'm headed for a breakdown. I think I'm okay right now, but he's concerned. My husband worked until 11 last night, so T came over and just hung out so I wouldn't be alone. He's in no mood to deal with another mess like last year. I promised to be very careful this time. I did struggle with food yesterday though, only ate about 500 calories, going to be better about that today.

Leigh I hope you can get some relief, that sounds terrible!
((((Briar)))); please promise to tell us, too, if you are feeling like drinking, etc.

I am so glad that you have T in your life.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Briar, it sounds like you can lay that claim to rest by being honest with them, and telling them you are not injured? If that's what you want, and to maintain your privacy. I think you need to consent for them to get medical info on you, with HIPA.

Treat yourself to a nourishing and heathy meal today. You and your body deserve it. You need fuel to be your best.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hope that everyone is having a nice day.

Hives are a little better than this morning so am hoping that I'm on the mend. Have to suffer through the rest of the prednisone.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're a little better Leigh! And to see Popeye back! And to know that you've got that great friend, Briar.

Counting down for the weekend...
Old 03-04-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Glad to hear you're a little better Leigh! And to see Popeye back! And to know that you've got that great friend, Briar.

Counting down for the weekend...

Just a few more hours . . .
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hope you continue to feel better Leigh.
And your daughter too, phoebe love.

Have fun in the garden Conquest, and then take pictures for us please.
Glad you found a site that is helpful to new step-parents.

Briar ~ I don't understand the workers comp thing, and I'm sorry that you have this added stress to deal with. But I am VERY glad that T is such a good friend. Sending you so much love girl. (((hugs))) ♥

Old 03-04-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Morning V. How are you?

Good to see you Conquest. Hope you have a great weekend! I've often thought of joining a parenting forum. Thank goodness Briar is here to relate. Of course there's Mark, Phoebe, and BD too. All been through it. Nice to know.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all; see you tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Night, Leigh. Hope you feel better.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Thanks, Arbor. Nite-nite.