Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 01-18-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny warm Paradise Ken it's so good to hear from you, I hope Max, you and Jezzie are settling in fine to the new place. What a considerate house guest you were to Tracy, it's good to know you already have a friend in the area as well as your workmates.

I've had a stressful four or five days. You know my volunteer job at the local art place? Well it's been a bit stressful on two counts: I was over stretching myself plus, although progress was being made by the Committee, it wasn't being done by the book as it were, I mean that the governance and other procedures weren't being adhered to which really stressed me out. I raised it a number of times.

Anyway I got myself out of people pleasing mode and resigned yesterday. They actually were sad and sorry to see me go which was a boost but the physical stress I've been feeling was affecting my well being and the rest of my life.

I don't yet feel all light and relieved but I will in time. The best thing of all is that drinking never entered my head despite the mental stress and my physical reaction to that.

We do keep growing on this recovery road, don't we.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Marcher, it's good that you recognized that it wasn't positive for you and exited. We never know until we try and I often think it's better to try and stop than not to try at all. Our sober lives seem so much more rational and fulfilling, and calmer too. That's why taking a moment to "think it through" when I have even a momentary thought of drinking helps so much. The more I do that the stronger I feel :-)
Old 01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

10435522_625212970916973_3436779705544169771_n.jpg Alright Toots, which one is which?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Alright Toots, which one is which?
Brilliant. Just.Brilliant.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like you made a good choice Marcher

D
Old 01-18-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Love it, Budd :-)
Old 01-19-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hahaha Budd - hysterical!

Marcher & Sass, I kinda needed to read that this morning. I'm stuck in a pretty terrible volunteer position and it's not good for me, my family and probably the organization. I will stick it out until my post is up in May but I'm cutting back my time, both emotionally and physically.

Marcher, thanks for inspiring me to pull to of "people pleasing mode" too.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

(((Duff)))! We need to replenish ourselves first - like on airplanes when they tell us to put our masks on before our children's so that we will be be in shape to help them. We grow up thinking we are selfish if we don't put others first but we need to nurture ourselves.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Have a good day everyone !! doing ok and hope you guys are too !

Babs
Old 01-19-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Sass (and Marcher) Duff.

Hi Babs
Old 01-19-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a very warm Paradise. It's a little after 9am , already it's over 30C so I think we are in for a stinker. If I ruled the world I would send a few degrees to the northern latitudes.

Oh Duff, I feel for you with that position. I too wanted to "stick out" mine but it was affecting me badly, I didn't want to start down roads I've finished with. I weighed up why I was doing the job and how effective I was in doing it -- my answers were that I had gone into it to help a sinking ship and that I was ineffective in the culture I was working in. I was getting a lot of lip service and not much else. And that's OK. Their view of what to do and mine were quite different, I hope they are successful but I won't be there [now].

Then I thought about sticking it out until June so I wouldn't "let people down". I knew that it would be a horrid daily drain on my thoughts, mental and physical well being so I decided to resign with dignity. I emailed, then I sent the written resignation, then I went to the next meeting and updated them on my information. Now it's over and I'm so relieved.

I know I'm not indispensable and I know that the position has already been filled. Did I let them down? No. It was unfortunate that I got to the position of resigning but brick walls are no good for me and my view, while respected and acknowledged, was not something that the rest of the Committee was going to adopt

Sorry Duff, that wasn't meant to be a lecture, just an insight into how this was for me.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Marcher, thanks for sharing your experience. It's been a gradual journey for me but I'm much happier when I feel like I'm captain of my own ship.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers :-)

It's a beautiful (if cold) day here and I'm feeling good. Marcher, I would appreciate a few of those warmer degrees sent over this way!

Have a good one to all.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Attachment 28660 Alright Toots, which one is which?
The one with the hairy legs is the wimmin!

Catch youse later
Old 01-20-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Well,

Got my first taste of snow here today, about 6 inches so far, unfortunately my new apartment complex parking lot is lower than the streets, Zippy couldn't get out of the snow, so I have to take today off work.

I know it's been a long time since I've been in snow, but as I remember it, there are these things called snow plows, I guess Tennessee hasn't heard of them yet.

My brother completed his 6 weeks of radiation today and took his last chemo pill, now a month off and then a new round of treatments, he's hoping to get some strength back during the time off.

Marcher, good for you , realizing the strain the volunteer position was putting on you. It's time to let someone else do it!
Old 01-20-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Gosh Sass I'd be more than happy to send you a few degrees, I can spare ten easily, maybe more.

I started the last square for blanket #10 last night! My good friend who does the joining of the squares for me is coming down this weekend, she said she won't be joining a blanket on Saturday though, she's not sitting underneath that with a predicted 37C. I mean what's her problem?

Ken I'm probably being a bit dense about your car parking area that's below the level of the road, but I'm trying to work it out. Did all the snow slide down the driveway preventing cars getting out from underneath?

As Toots said (like a real Aussie) ....

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

Catch youse later
Old 01-20-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Marcher, just too much of an incline to get to the street form the parking lot, cant get any traction.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Marcher, just too much of an incline to get to the street form the parking lot, cant get any traction.
Marcher, do you Aussies get snow? Here at least it causes slippery roads and I don't think many cars can deal well with that
Old 01-20-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ken, the two times I lived in Kentucky they had massive winter storms.

They all laughed at my inability to put chains on my tires. Who puts chains on an RX-7?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Haha Trachy, rear wheel drive too, I bet that was skippy fun! My RX8 just loved that weather!! Kinda like driving a shopping trolley!

Marcher well done on blanket no 10! I am sure that the people who receive them are really appreciative!

And where d'ya think you colonials got your expressions!!

Sass et al