Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 01-26-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi all

Only got about 8 inches total here, so except for the one day of about 6 inches we weren't bad at all.

The critters are settling in well, Jezebel had a sliding glass door to look out when I'm not here, so that's entertainment for her. I just wish there were a fenced area that I could let her run around in
Old 01-26-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone Paradise is still muggy but it's the time of year for muggy so that's ok. I saw the big snow ploughs on the news, it would be such fun to have a turn of driving one of those!

My young friend E who is currently living in New York posted some amazing photos of the snowstorm, one of them shows a bank/drift of snow against the tiled wall of a station platform in the NY underground. One of the Aussies asked if this came down through the grates in the road but E said the ceiling was whole. Does anyone know how it would get there? She swears she is not tricking us.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Marcher, it gets windy enough that I would guess the snow falls/blows down the open stairways ....
Old 01-26-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Could be wind diverters designed to use prevailing winds to ventilate the tubes. Could be big fans somewhere sucking in air.
Could be snow devils.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

My Aunt comes from Saskatoon! In fact she and my uncle are back there looking after her elderly father, lately they lived in BC and met by the Amazon. Not the online store, the stonking big river in South America where they were both missionaries.

Happy Hump Day all xx
Old 01-26-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

P.S. To the best of my knowledge she is not a Sasquatch. Neither is she called Betty. She might know someone in Saskatoon called Betty though.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

hi everyone
Having a great day
Hugs to everyone !!
Babs
Old 01-28-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi Babs and everyone :-)

Busy as usual at the old folks' home
Old 01-28-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi babs, glad you are doing well!

Sassy, don't get too stressed out at the old folks home.

Moving, as planned, is a lot of work. What I didn't expect is how EXHAUSTING it is. I just can't seem to schlep like I used to!

I've spent two nights there by myself. Took Tuesday off to shift things at new house and help pack at old house. But drove down to new house because we don't want to leave it unattended overnight since the whole world knows the sellers moved out. If all asleep like a rock, then keep waking up. It's soooooo quiet! Except the heater, which makes a super high pitched whine.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Just serious lack of sleep, We! It got better for awhile but recently it went way downhill and I got completely stressed out about it. My pdoc put me on sleeping pills temporarily to get things back on track so that starts tonight.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers I like your explanations about the snow in the underground, Trachy's "snow devils" is my favourite. There is no snow here but hail has been forecast this afternoon and very welcome it will be with the humidity the way it is.

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
I just can't seem to schlep like I used to!
Poor old We! Gosh I know what you mean. I've got 15 or so years on you and I have to schlep boxes of canvases up our very steep staircase today.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Toots in from a gale force Scotland the kilts are flying today!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Marcher, get me the work visa and I'll come schlep boxes for ya! Having owned a frame shop I could be handy.

Folks, after a couple of months of 10 and 12 hour workdays extending into the weekend , we're happily back to normal hours. So, this week has decided it doesn't want to end. Still a day and a half to go. Sheesh.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.
My sister is coming next week so, I'm going to be busy getting ready for that. Really looking forward to having company---She doesn't drink and is always encouraging me to move on. gotta love it.
Have a great week-end everyone.
hugs
Babs
Old 01-29-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Been working a lot of hours the last few weeks, finally have 2 days off!

I heard from the coroners office today, Sherri's death is being closed as a suicide, she had hydrocodone, morphine and alcohol in her system, while I knew that's what the outcome would be I still held some hope that it was accidental, but the person I spoke to said the drugs were in too high a concentration and she had no prescriptions for either for it to be anything other than suicide.

So, one of my days off will be back on the phone, talking to her sisters and children.

I know there is nothing I could have done, but the fact that she died on what would have been our anniversary I will always wonder if that and that I had recently informed her that I had been sober for , at the time, over two years had anything to do with her decision.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-29-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Ah Ken you may never get your answers. But perhaps Sherri's was exhausted at battling her demons and could see no other way. If she chose that date deliberately, maybe it was because she had good memories. I am so proud of how you have coped with everything you have had happen over the last few months Ken, let your soul feel the same peace Sherri now does. X
Old 01-30-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's very common to think could I have done more Ken - in my experience tho if someone has decided that's what they want to do they'll withdraw and not have much contact with anyone.

OI know you as a pretty stand up guy and I know you would have gone beyond what was expected of you to help Sherri out over the years.

I think Toots hit on something too - I think Sherri chose that day because it meant something to her still.

This is a pretty good thread to read Ken

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-what-if.html
Old 01-30-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Ken--

I went to AA yesterday and when I first got there I thought omg this isn't the place for me---First no one sat next to me (poor me) but then we split up into groups and GUESS WHAT !!! it was a great meeting. I loved it and got over the poor pitty me ---and coming here helps too --Just when you think you have had enough--- low and behold something good comes out of it.
Well, just wanted to share this---life is good today !!!
Hugs
Babs
Old 01-30-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

(((Ken))), thinking of you!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

4:00 P.M., January 30, 2016, Atlanta, Ga: The winter sun is low in the sky casting long shadows as usual. The 65F temps are not usual. I'm airing out the apartment while I do laundry and housework, while trying hard not to chuck it all and head for the woods. The lows aren't even to freezing. But, I have to sacrifice this beautiful weekend to the Elder God Domesticity for Super Bowl weekend(next week) with the folks. Taking a half day off work Monday so I don't have to drive back in the wee dark hours.

Ken, you're showing your strength. Glad to know you.