Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 02-19-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

p.s.----Hope your feeling better Toots.
Babs
Old 02-19-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Ironing was a success, I found videos online and set up the board in that room and learned how to do it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Good for you, Budd! I'm so impressed with how you face each challenge and "just do it" :-)
Old 02-19-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Ironing was a success, I found videos online and set up the board in that room and learned how to do it.
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

One summer, I pressed pants for a living. Only the tops, mind you. You had to have special training to put the creases in the legs.

Imagine a hotter and steamier atmosphere that Georgia in the summertime 'cause that's where we were.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

We have an awesome bunch of guys on this thread!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
We have an awesome bunch of guys on this thread!
I've always thought so!! xx
Old 02-20-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I should really revise that and say that we have a totally awesome bunch of people here :-)

Today I just happen to be feeling particularly grateful to be sober.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

This is an awesome group of people. One of two places I can go in the world and know that everyone there cares whether I live or die.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

(((((Marchers)))))))
Old 02-20-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Just had the most surprising phone call and thought I would share it with you. I've been sending resumes to former associates for a year and getting null response. Just found out why.

My former "best friend/business partner" has been poisoning the network. He's been lying about me.

My father and I spent most of our life in the same industry, knowing the same people. When someone needs a job, the network responds. I was getting no response. Dad, being old enough to not worry about pissing people off, went and asked the hard questions.

Turns out my former best friend/business partner has been out there lying about me for over five years.

Strangely enough, my reaction is Oh Thank God! Know that I know what is going on, I can work on that.

Were I a vengeful person...nope stop that right there. No tracks.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

(((Trachy))) I hope it's not too late to set the record straight? If it is the. As you say, at least you know. Maybe it's time to move in a different direction. It's great you have your dads support and even better to know that you are dealing with this in a positive and healthy way. Such personal progress is only possible in sobriety. I am sending loving thoughts your way, and yes, we do care whether you live or die TurtleBoy, we very much like you breathing and fighting for justice! X

Hugs all Marvellous Marchers!!
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

(((Trachy))), What Toots said! So sorry your former best friend turned out to be so malicious. Glad you have your family and us in your corner.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Budd, don't take this the wrong way, but that is the cutest thing I've ever heard! It never occurred to me that someone doesn't know how to iron so I am going to take out some pants and teach my boys right now!

Trachy, I am constantly amazed at how s****y people can be. I have to say that you are handling this news so well. How sad for your former business partner to be so crappy. Now that you're aware of what's been going on I know you will find the solution that works to your advantage. I'm proud of you!

I haven't submitted anything for the newcomers, although I think it's a beautiful idea. I just don't feel "there" yet. I'm not drinking but I really don't feel "sober." I think the answer to get myself to that next level is working the AA steps but I just don't have the mental energy for that right now. I'm not complaining, and I'm not worried, just letting you know where I am and why I don't feel qualified to tell anyone what's worked for me.

I haven't been around much lately so have you posted it? I will check out newcomers to see.

All is good here. Trying to lay low with the family. Last night we made pizza and then made s'mores around our new fire pit. We, I need you here to help me with these boys. They are OBSESSED with science and biology. From the minute they wake up it's all about critters and fish and everything science. I found my littlest studying and drawing moss on a tree in his "field book" yesterday! It's all over my head - where did these two come from?!?!

Sassy, you sound so great today!! I need to get myself to the point that you are with my sobriety.

Toots, hope you're feeling better!

Well off for a run. I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Duff, we all have something to say to those who are in the process of trying to be sober. The fact that you are aware of needing to do more work tells the story - you wouldn't know that if you hadn't made a lot of progress. I know you have a full life; why not add working the steps now?
Old 02-21-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Duff, the idea that your kids are obsessed with science needs to be encouraged heartily. A child with a field journal is a great thing.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Trachy, that's a really healthy attitude about that guy lying about you. I really hope you can easily prove him lying... I found out after I was let go from a job that my "best friend" had been lying about me too. I ran into him about a year later, and he told me he had quit "in protest" after I was let go. All ********. You don't need a guy like that in your life, and he's not worth the negative energy of revenge seeking. But you deserve your good name back.

Oh yeah duff, trachys right. Let's science those kids up!!!

Toots, I hope you are feeling better!

Whassuppp, sassy, marcher?

This week at work I wasn't anywhere near 100%, but I was better. Until yesterday. Did two maple programs for two big groups of Girl Scouts, both ending in pancake brunches. Of course I make the food! so it was a long hard day, but totally worth it. One of those days where everyone is so happy, any amount of work and stress is worth it. Even my staff was happy, because I make them omelettes between programs.

But boy did I pay for it. Got home and I was so tired. But we had to go to our new neighbors house. The husband just got his citizenship, they were having a party and they graciously invited us over a week ago. So I really felt we had to go and make a good impression. It was a very nice party, everyone was really cool, and we got to meet other neighbors.

Then last night I was up all night hacking out a lung again. I must have done waaaaaay too much. So my one day weekend has been spent on the couch napping, coughing, napping some more. Think I'm on the mend again, I gotta work tomorrow. Ugh I'm so over this.

But now I'm in a good mood, because..... Tomorrow I'll have three years sober!! ain't nothing gonna take the smile off my face on that!!
Old 02-21-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

P.s. Duff, the steps completely changed my recovery. I did them with a sponsor online, who I met on sr. The aa promise that goes, "we were amazed before we were halfway through" was completely true for me. I'm sponsoring someone now, online too, and in preparing to work with him I went through my old journals.

I was almost 11 months sober before I worked the steps. I basically white knuckles for almost a year! I didn't really think that at the time, but looking back that's what it was for me. White knuckling until the steps set me free.

Yes they are a little bit of a pain. They make you look honestly at yourself. You have to be willing to look your faults in the eye. But after you do that, you forgive yourself. And that is the best feeling ever.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

We, I hope you feel better now, it can take a long time to recover from lung problems.

I'm still the same, I have the doc tomorrow, if they don't seem interested, I will go private, we pay into a scheme, have done for years, so might as well use it.

Duff, I believe truly, that the point of writing to the newcomers is to say that we wouldn't be where we were without the involvement we have in SR most specifically in our class. Where 'here' actually is, is a movable point depending on each of us. Some have longer sobriety , some have stronger sobriety, some have found that the only way they are managing the daily grind of fighting addiction is by being here and getting the support and wisdom from those who have travelled the same road. I believe newcomers need to know we didn't all join March 13 and maintain our sobriety from that date, it would be far too much pressure. What I love most about the Marchers is how we care for those who have stumbled, how we lift them back up, hold them steady, walk alongside them in private PMs as far as they need us to until they manage to stride out. The success of the Marchers isn't about our sobriety, it is about our unity.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Congratulations WeHave...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (24.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Wowzer, WeHav! 3 years is totally fabulous You have worked so hard for this.

Toots, I like your view of our success as a group. You all helped me so very much.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations wehav

D