Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 01-16-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Annnnddd it's officially too late to make my volunteer gig. I texted he naturalist in charge. She is cool about it. Well, guess when I'm unblocked I'll go and get my moving truck sorted and get packing.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

We, that's frustrating!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Yeah! I feel bad about the volunteer got, but the plus about it being such a big event is there are a lot of other hike leaders. Some groups will be bigger, but it will be ok in the end. She'll tell my regulars what happened.bki d of thanking my lucky stars I'm not the naturalist in charge this time. This happened to me about five years ago, when I had a bus load of third graders due at my park. I was frantic!!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Well the new computer is hooked up and I'm online from home for the first time since 2003, of course with just moving in I'm sitting on the floor for now.

Some furniture was delivered today, and some I haven't got yet, as you all know, I moved to Tennessee with nothing but my clothes, a few personal items and my critters, so everything I need for my own place I now must buy.

So far I really like Tennessee, the area I live in is small and uncrowded so there is never any traffic problems.

Of course with anywhere, there are some drawbacks, mainly with employment situations.

When I moved here, my agreement with Tracy was that I could stay at her place until I got on my feet, I had assumed that I could get a job and buy a place fairly quickly.

But here, most of the employment in the industrial area is handled by temp agencies, so, one must get hired by the temp agency and then sent somewhere until, they either hire you or release you, the temp process can last for up to one year before the company has to either hire or fire you.

To get a loan on a house you have to have full time employment. When I told the loan companies I work for a temp agency but have a full time assignment, they said I have to be with the temp agency for two years before I can get a loan, no matter what down payment amount I have.

So, for the next year I will be staying in my new apartment. I'm sure Tracy wanted her house back to herself, she is highly allergic to Max so even though Max stayed in a bedroom, Tracy still had issues.

I really also wanted my own space, while I thank and appreciate her generosity, letting me and the critters stay as long as we did, it was time to move on. I wasn't about to subject her to her allergies any more than I had to.

When I get hired on full time by the place I work at I will then start looking to buy.

One good note is that my supervisor has submitted for me to be hired on but who knows how long that will take, I know a few people that have been there over 8 months and are still temps.

I'm assuming this winter has been mild here, which I'm grateful for as I really do not look forward to sub zero temperatures, at least not yet.

My brother is feeling good except for being very tired, he is hating that his townhouse has three floors right now, he does have a great attitude so far. He says he will either be the first to survive his type of cancer or at least be the longest to have it.

Gotta run for now, time to head back for another carload.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

J is soooooo ready for me to move!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Oh We, that sounds so frustrating!! I hope the car gets towed soon.

I hate to rub it in, really I do, but it's 75 degrees and sunny today. This is a perfect day. See, we suffer so horrendously in the summer time that I feel ok gloating when we finally get relief. Today truly is paradise.

Boys are on the boat and I'm just relaxing by the pool until they get back then off to a birthday party. Normally I'm not a fan of 5 year olds' bday parties but this one is up the street and will be outside on the water so I'm not complaining for once.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hey Budd! Thanks for the great update. I'm glad you are settling into TN and I do hope this job works out for you. And so glad to hear your brother is fighting so hard.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Sorry Budd, crossed posts.

I'm sorry that your job situation is uncertain, but hopefully time will fix it. This may be a blessing in disguise, it will give you time to get a feel for exactly what area you want to live, the fair price for a house in the area, figure out exactly what you want, etc.

I was looking online and doing drive bys for about 9 months before we found this house. I learned a lot about the local market.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

P.s. Continued good vibes for your brother, big ones!

Duff, that is a perfect day. We didn't have any in SoCal when I was there, I had to wear pants and shoes the whole time. That's cool, I'm there to see fam, not play tourist. (But being a tourist in my home town is fun)
Old 01-16-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

hi Marchers---doing pretty good today---went shopping and it's so darn cold here that I was glad to get home. Even tho hubby drove it was cold ---
glad you are getting settled in Bud---
well, just a short note to say hi and everything is moving right a long.
hugs everyone.
:Abcz:
Babs
Old 01-16-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi babs! Glad things are going well.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

thanks wehave----it's sooo good to be sober again. and I know that I say that a lot but, I'm a much happier person and I just want things to stay like this. I do know, I'm headed for some rough roads but, hope and pray I can get over the hurdles this time.

Babs
Old 01-16-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hey, Babs - happy to hear you are enjoying being sober! Yes, there will be rough patches but you can get through them. When that happens, you might want to try "thinking it through to the end". That has helped keep me sober through the difficult times. I think through the scenario and keep going until it dawns on me that I'd just have to go through this all over again and to me that's definitely very unappealing. Easier to simply stay sober.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Babs, we all like sober Babs better. though we do love you no matter what...

Do you journal? I sporadically do. I have started to work with someone, so I've been going over my recovery stuff. I started a journal while I was still drinking. When I quit, I almost burned the thing but decided to keep it for recovery. It's some dark stuff, but them my step work too. Wow. My life is so different now. It's interesting to see, because I don't really feel there's been all that much progress, until I look at something like that.b

It's like someone else wrote a lot of that stuff. Someone very messed us, sad and scared. I'm so grateful for recovery and the opportunity I've had to change.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to see your long post Budd, and to catch up with your life. Maybe the with other temps at your work it's a case that the company doesn't want them on as full time. I know over here it can be difficult to get rid of someone once you get past the trial period.mthey may not be as good or reliable as you, but good enough to keep on as temps ( better the devil you know?)

We how frustrating! I hope the new place doesn't suffer such issues!!

Sass you have snow? We had just enough to frustrating.y close the golf course! First time in ages it's been dry for enough consecutive days to play the sodden ( sodding!) course & now it's Echlefechan snowed and frozen! We will try again today.
In the plus side, I asked about their dog policy and basically as long as I behave and clear up after her, and she doesn't cheat, I can take Molly with me on quiet week days when I play on my own!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Yes, Toots - it was snowing but temps have been a bit warmer and the roads are clear. White rooftops, however :-)
Old 01-17-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

The snow sounds so pretty, Sass!

Toots, love that you get to play golf with Molly! My 2 would be chasing the balls up the fairway - haha. I bet your course is lovely - with Scotland being the birthplace of golf and all.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Sassy, we call that a "civil snow." Just enough to be pretty, not so much that it makes you shovel.

Toots sorry for your golf frustrations. Glad Molly can go with you though! There is a very low likelihood of the driveway blocking at the next place. The houses are much further apart, and the only things in walking distance are more houses. Well there are some shops, but they have parking lots. Parking is scarce in my current little hood and it's just going to get more scarce. They are building a bit new flat and business complex, but I don't think they will go hog wild providing parking for it. I think that even folks who ride buses usually also have cars.

Duff, hope you enjoyed that birthday party!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Love that description, We - "civil snow" :-). Of course, I no longer have to worry about shoveling the stuff nor do I need to clear off car windshield (or, for that matter, drive if I don't want to). Bliss!
Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

That's great, sass! We'll still have to clear out cars, the garage is mainly storage at the new house. We'll see.

I'm laughing at myself because I used to think snow blowers were really stupid. But the new house has a long driveway... We might become THOSE people! I don't see it happening this year, two out of three of us have four wheel drive.