# 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Excellent news WeHav- congratulations
Thanks Sass

D
Old 01-23-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Just letting everyone know that while we're covered in two feet of snow, I'm fine. I'm about to go cook lamb tacos with a pomegranate sauce and chopped pistachios.

Quick update hits:

1. Yes Toots, we moved in together in late November. Things are going pretty well. I think she's having more trouble adjusting than me, but we haven't tried to kill each other yet, so there's that.

2. Went to Detroit over Christmas. Had lots of fun eating all the local food staples - Koney Island hot dogs, almond chicken (Chinese), Detroit square pizza, etc. Our return flight home did get delayed because of weather, so we were stuck in an airport hotel for two days. Again, there was no murder, so I'm calling that a win. We did binge watch the entire, "Making of a Murderer" Documentary on Netflix to pass the time. And we flew first class both ways so that was nice.

3. I was hoping my hours would slow down in Jan/Feb, as they usually do, but it's been pretty busy at work. Good news is that I haven't had to travel for work since mid December.

4. Currently trying to plan a vacation for April. Thinking North Carolina (we have friends there).

5. Got a nasty cold last week but I'm getting over it now.

6. I haven't had the chance to make as many AA meetings since the move. I think I need to change my meetings up a bit and go back to the early meetings I went to when I first got sober.

7. On new years eve, we bought a bottle of Martinelli's sparking cider to toast with at midnight. It took me 20 minutes to get the bottle open because we don't own bottle opener. I had to use a combination of pliers and a screwdriver. It was 12:20am by that time.

8. I'm going to try to finish unpacking the second bedroom tonight. Just drank a nice cup of Yorkshire Gold tea so I'll be up late.

9. I've decided to go back to therapy to deal with the PTSD from my last binge. It's been almost 3 years and I keep having flashback and nightmares.

10. My girlfriend's company is currently undergoing a restructuring, so her job is in flux. The marriage proposal is on hold until that situation is worked out. We're hoarding money just in case she is let go, but I think things will be fine.

That's all for now. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you dd, depending where in North Carolina you may not be too far from me.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new house we!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks for the wonderful update DD and good you are not suffering for the weather, just hunkering down.

WeHav, it is wonderful to see how your world just is getting better and better! X

Hugs all on a dark Dreich January morning in Scotland
Old 01-24-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
We're homo-ners!!!
Congrats We and J!

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
I'm about to go cook lamb tacos with a pomegranate sauce and chopped pistachios.
URGENT note to DD: Wonderful hearing from you DD, glad to know all is well and teehee on 12.20am NYE drink! While you are snowed in can you let me have that recipe? <<------------------ That's the urgent part.

Hope all you Americans are okay. Sass I was thinking about you but it seems like you might have missed the big storm?
Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good to see you, DD. PTSD is no fun and although not always "curable", it can get much lighter with help.

Marcher, we had nary a flake! What I thought was a dusting turned out to be leftover salt on the road (it is a dirty white after all, lol). My offspring, however, was practically in the dead center of the storm.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Dd, great to see you! PTSD is no funat all, I had a flare up recently. Trying to help my neighbor with his alcoholism triggered my flashbacks from my moms death. Time and tools help, so good for you going to therapy. Wise move.

Toots yes, life's been pretty dang good lately.

Hi everyone!! I'm exhausted, so this is a quickie. Almost completely out of the apartment. Just a few odds and ends left, I'll be able to get it with my car. It feels really good. I love this little neighborhood in leaving, but it's time for this chapter to end. And a new one to begin.

I bought beer for the guys helping us. I wanted to get them a nice pricey microbrew. The kind of thing I used to be an "expert" on, and used to love.

I was clueless what to get them, it's all changed since I drank. I found I couldn't give a crap! Lol. That's a nice feeling. Reminded me of you marcher!
Old 01-24-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi guys just a check in at the start of the week. Dropping hubby off at the train soon he's off to catch a plane to Paris, working on the outskirts for a few days back Thursday. Wish I were going!

I am meeting up with my SIL tomorrow, she has finished her treatment now for the breast cancer and is returning to work incrementally. I love being around her she is such an honest to goodness lovely person.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Dropping hubby off at the train soon he's off to catch a plane to Paris,
I am not an envious person but my goodness, I wish Toots was writing "dropping Marcher off at the train soon, she's off to catch a plane to Paris".

Bon voyage Mr Toots, safe travels.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Me too, Marcher :-)
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a muggy Australia Day in Paradise. We've been seeing lots on the news about your big snowstorm in the east and northeast so I hope you are all doing ok.

Because Australia Day falls on a Tuesday we get the day off! Right now Mr Marcher is mowing the lawn and I'm halfway through mopping the wooden floors but the rest of the day we'll be free! And the tennis is on.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Me too, Marcher :-)
Let's make it a perfect line Sass ...

"Toots was writing "dropping Sass and Marcher off at the train soon, she's off to catch a plane to Paris".

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

And wehav!!! Let's say dropping off mr. Toots, Saskatchewan, marcher, and wehav in the train to Paris!!

Spent our first night in the new house! Didn't sleep well, to be expected. What was cool though is when I woke up in the night, I'd walk around the house and look out the windows. I felt like I was at a resort. But it's our house.

Went back to my old apartment after work and knocked the rest out. Cleaned out the drawers and a cabinet we didn't get to yesterday. Then I did the final cleaning. That's it, I'm completely out!

I lived in that apartment for 10 years. It's a bachelor pad, really but it served its purpose. On one hand, it was a decent little space. I moved there after a horrible breakup. Long story, but it was bad and I stayed in that old house long after the breakup because I was helping to support her child. I was with j for a while by the time I moved to this little apartment. I needed a calm space to be myself. I planned to be there a year or two. That was the good side. The bad side was that little space also happens to be where I lived as my drinking got worse and worse. I spent many many nights there drunk and wallowing in self pity.

I also sobered up there too.

So yeah, mixed emotions,which of course is normal. But I'm ready for the next chapter.

Sorry my little driveby turned into a ramble! Have a good night, marchers!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I just realize that my phone called sassy "Saskatchewan!!" Oh myyyyyy!

Oh the typos...
Old 01-25-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

We, my dear, you can call me whatever you want!
Old 01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Could have been worse..... Sasquatch!! and if I'm dropping y'all all off at the train, I am going to need a bigger car!!!

Happy Aussie Day Marcher and Dee!

We, I totally understand the memories that pile in on you when you pack a place up. Think of all the new happy, sober memories you and J will make in your new home.

Budd how are you and the furbabies settling in to your new gaff?

Hugs all x
Old 01-26-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
I just realize that my phone called sassy "Saskatchewan!!" Oh myyyyyy!
We I once had a penfriend called Betty who lived in Saskatoon, Sakatchewan
Old 01-26-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Marcher, somehow Saskatoon sounds too much like spittoon

Yes, Toots, a bigger car, especially to fit Sassy, Saskatchewan and Saskatoon!

Budd, I'll second the "how goes" with you and the furbabies settling in?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hahahahaha!!!! All of you!!

Budd, how much snow did you end up getting in your neck of the woods? Looks like Tennessee got pounded. Heck of a welcome to you.... Hope you dig your new digs and have plenty of milk, eggs and bread. Everyone here faces what I can only see as a survivalist French toast instinct. You go to the store before a snowstorm and everyone is going crazy getting milk and bread...
Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Saskia has a friend called Sasquatch from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan!

That's almost a tongue twister!