Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-10-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Betty. Glad to have you with us.

FF and Jenses, stay busy! Read a book, get outdoors, enjoy a funny movie, treat yourself to your favorite dessert, anything! You guys can get through it.

Ubnt, good on you for being proactive. I hope you and your family have a nice dinner.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Made it through my work party last night. I was so glad I had a prepared answer just in case someone asked why I wasn't drinking because somebody did right away as soon as I ordered my pop. Told them I wasn't drinking due to my upcoming marathon and that was that. On day 10 sober and I feel amazing... No still struggle once I get home from work when I would normally have a drink but instead have been having herbal tea instead and keeping busy whether it be cleaning or getting errands done... I must say I am way more productive when I'm not drinking
Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 4. I have very little energy, today I had to drive for an abdominal ultrasound and it was a struggle not to fall asleep at the wheel. Tomorrow I have a follow up on the ultrasound and blood work at the doctor's office where I fainted on Monday. I am nervous about showing my face in there, it was embarrassing what happened. They sent me to the ER in an ambulance. Nobody could tell me for sure why I fainted, but they think dehydration. After the ER visit, I am actually afraid to drink again at this point, hope the fear stays.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 2, hangover is gone. Had a decent day but per usual nights are tough. I can't remember the last time I've spent time in December sober, maybe 5 years ago.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Keep at it, class. Good stuff. Just enjoyed a sparkling water and now headed to bed! At 1015! Not staying up like a crazy woman sipping wine and folding laundry. Ugh who does that?!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Checking in-took my son to see Santa tonight and I remember the last two years I've taken him I had a coffee cup full of wine. This year I was fully sober.

I went to the doctor and they had me get blood work done so we shall see how my labs come back. I've been avoiding this, dealing with random pains, 20lbs weight gain, etc bc I am afraid they will find out I drink so much. But I had no choice today. Lab was right in the office and they took blood right then. Here's to facing the truth.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Guys, I slipped. Drinking whatever nonsense we had in the house. Even given best efforts by you all (including Dee). I have to try harder tomorrow. This sobriety thing is tricky. I came into the AM thinking that I'd been blessed and by the evening was ready to **** it all away because my wife gave me some free time. GRRRRRR.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Guys, I slipped. Drinking whatever nonsense we had in the house. Even given best efforts by you all (including Dee). I have to try harder tomorrow. This sobriety thing is tricky. I came into the AM thinking that I'd been blessed and by the evening was ready to **** it all away because my wife gave me some free time. GRRRRRR.
A week or so ago I packed up whatever alcohol I had left in the house and gave it to a stranger in the street for that exact reason.
If you are sober and will never drink again why do you need alcohol in the house?
That's why people say that willpower is not enough. That you need a plan.....a plan might include ways to avoid not putting yourself in the presence of alcohol for a while
Old 12-10-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Checking in-took my son to see Santa tonight and I remember the last two years I've taken him I had a coffee cup full of wine. This year I was fully sober. I went to the doctor and they had me get blood work done so we shall see how my labs come back. I've been avoiding this, dealing with random pains, 20lbs weight gain, etc bc I am afraid they will find out I drink so much. But I had no choice today. Lab was right in the office and they took blood right then. Here's to facing the truth.
Hi Jules....that fear of you doctor finding out is your addiction, not you. You want to be sober and healthy. Your addiction wants to stay hidden so you can keep feeding it. It's good that you got your bloods done as now you can stay facing up to the realities of getting and staying sober. Good for you.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Keep at it, class. Good stuff. Just enjoyed a sparkling water and now headed to bed! At 1015! Not staying up like a crazy woman sipping wine and folding laundry. Ugh who does that?!
When you are sober and have a few years behind you can look back and remember "ahhhh, I remember those heady drinking days living the high life....chiles glass of Chardonnay and...ehhh...the laundry". You don't even have to play the tape forward!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
Made it through my work party last night. I was so glad I had a prepared answer just in case someone asked why I wasn't drinking because somebody did right away as soon as I ordered my pop. Told them I wasn't drinking due to my upcoming marathon and that was that. On day 10 sober and I feel amazing... No still struggle once I get home from work when I would normally have a drink but instead have been having herbal tea instead and keeping busy whether it be cleaning or getting errands done... I must say I am way more productive when I'm not drinking
Nice! Well done. That's a pretty big line you just crossed and as you saw everyone has enough to be worried about rather than what's in your glass.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Started to get antsy this evening (the bored, irritated kind) but luckily I decided to do puzzles with the kids. It was actually nice and they loved mommy fun time (as well as staying up late ). Decided to shovel the driveway which was a blessing in disguise. It was actually a beautiful evening - not too cold - and the street was lit up with holiday lights which turned a chore into something enjoyable. Now going to try going to bed - really looking forward to getting a full nights sleep. Oh well, maybe the new year
Night all.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenses View Post
Started to get antsy this evening (the bored, irritated kind) but luckily I decided to do puzzles with the kids. It was actually nice and they loved mommy fun time (as well as staying up late ). Decided to shovel the driveway which was a blessing in disguise. It was actually a beautiful evening - not too cold - and the street was lit up with holiday lights which turned a chore into something enjoyable. Now going to try going to bed - really looking forward to getting a full nights sleep. Oh well, maybe the new year
Night all.
Real life. Lovely.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I don't make excuses now .
I tell people I can't drink because if I do I wont stop for days .
Hiding in the closet was causing me more stress and stupid excuses each time made me feel false .

If they want to judge its their business I don't care .
Old 12-10-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a peaceful sober day

Being sober saves my life every single day
Old 12-10-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
I did a marathon once, hurt like hell so would never do one again. about 5 years ago I ran a 10 mile race in 58.35. I managed about a year sober and went mad into exercise, was running 60-70 miles a week at one point with 2 speed sessions each week thrown in. I remember 6 mile reps at 10k pace like it was yesterday
Old 12-10-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me and the start of the dreaded weekend dum dum duuuum........only joking I'm quite relaxed today. My fence blew down at home so got to spend the afternoon putting up a new one with my dad.....Saturday morning going to pick up a new works van and Sunday afternoon taking wife and son to an xmas market.....eat loads of stodgy food and wander around under the xmas lights, also take little nipper to see santa, he's only 10 months so will be oblivious but it'll be a photo we'll love forever.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
I did a marathon once, hurt like hell so would never do one again. about 5 years ago I ran a 10 mile race in 58.35. I managed about a year sober and went mad into exercise, was running 60-70 miles a week at one point with 2 speed sessions each week thrown in. I remember 6 mile reps at 10k pace like it was yesterday
thats an outstanding 10m pace
Old 12-11-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
thats an outstanding 10m pace
Yup, think it was 5.49 average, also bashed out 17.01 5k and 35.15 10k....always wanted the 1.15 half but tore the tendon that attaches to you knee cap and then got bored during the rehab and started having a beer or two of an evening......havent run for around 3 years now.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! :-)

Day 20 for me, had my very first dream in which I had something to drink last night. Woke up mortified! Took what seemed like forever to accept it was just a dream... would rather just stick to the really weird ones in future