Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-13-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Three weeks today for me :-)

The last couple of evenings have been slightly more difficult than usual - more than once I've had the thought creep in that "a glass or two of wine" would be nice, but then I just fast-forward the tape and straight away I'm back on the right track again :-)
Old 12-13-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Ubntubnt - well done for being so strong.

3 weeks is fantastic abraxas69!!! Good work
Old 12-13-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Awesome job on 3 weeks, abraxas69!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Great job everyone. Whether you are on day (2) or (100)......Congrats....I know it takes a lot of effort....

Planning out my day (12). I'm kind of bored, but at piece. I spent two hours in the yard yesterday, mulching and picking leaves and cutting the grass.

This weather is ridiculous....might hit 70 today.

Enjoy your Sunday all, and let's get ready for another week!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Well I survived my office christmas dinner. Everyone else was going to another bar after our 5 course meal and I went home. Its hard bc I dont want to be antisocial with my new coworkers but at the same time, I am not going to start this job as the drunk girl at the christmas party.

It was alsmot 70 (f) degrees yesterday! I took my son and dog to the park to play, then we made blueberry muffins for breakfast for the week & BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner and snuggled in bed to watch Mary Poppins. He went with his dad today for the week. So it will be as tough one for me. Its when my son isn't here that I falter and say "why the hell not drink 3 bottles of wine?"

Today wont be too bad, I have to drive to St Louis tomorrow so that means I have to be on the road by 5am!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Last night was particularly difficult for me... I had this debate in my head that I should relax and have just one hot buttered rum last night while wrapping Christmas presents... I would head to the kitchen to make one then stop myself .... It was also just a lonely night.... I recently broke up with my boyfriend (who also has a problem with alcohol and was an enabler ) But I made it through and I'm glad because I feel great this morning. I think in those difficult times I just need to focus on that I will feel much better in the morning if I don't give in .... Plus it's game day! GO HAWKS!

13 days!!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Day three. Feel better than day one and two with some withdrawal symptoms. I thought to myself last night that if I could just have one glass of wine, I would feel so much better, but I didn't do it. Never having quit before, I didn't expect to feel so sick. Nothing brutal, but sweating, then chills, headaches, racing heart. I came on SR and realized I was going through withdrawal, and realized that glass of wine would just erase the last two days.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

This morning, I'm thankful for everyone in this class — for your hard work, your progress, your companionship, and your courage.

It's Day 11 for me, and it's been a tough couple days. The initial excitement and determination for sobriety has given way to something I didn't really plan for — feeling even more depressed than I did when I was drinking. It makes sense, though: All the troubles I was masking while drinking are now very front and center, around the clock, and I don't have alcohol to quiet the inner dialog.

I'm going to try to spin this as a positive, though:

First, I am seeing clearly. I know what I need to work on, and how I can be the best me. I am not caught in a cycle of destruction that masks me from my reality.

Second, I feel down about things I've been needing to work on for years, but instead focused all my energy on self-loathing over my pattern of alcohol abuse. I may be down, but I am more empowered to handle it.

Finally, I believe I can get through this. I didn't always feel that way when I was letting alcohol cloud my judgement.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atxjoshua View Post
This morning, I'm thankful for everyone in this class — for your hard work, your progress, your companionship, and your courage.
Thanx and I feel the same way.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ali123 View Post
Ubntubnt - well done for being so strong.

3 weeks is fantastic abraxas69!!! Good work
Plus 1
Old 12-13-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

jules good job at the x-mas party

Congrats leasha- 13 days here too. Not to get ahead of myself but I cant wait for 2 weeks.

Vona congrats on day 3.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone getting through the weekend have a nice week ahead guys

Goodnight
Old 12-13-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Joining you all again. Day 1 almost over. I am more determined than ever to stop. I've been drinking every other day and it is just madness. I want my life back!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atxjoshua View Post

It's Day 11 for me, and it's been a tough couple days. The initial excitement and determination for sobriety has given way to something I didn't really plan for — feeling even more depressed than I did when I was drinking. It makes sense, though: All the troubles I was masking while drinking are now very front and center, around the clock, and I don't have alcohol to quiet the inner dialog.

I'm going to try to spin this as a positive, though:

First, I am seeing clearly. I know what I need to work on, and how I can be the best me. I am not caught in a cycle of destruction that masks me from my reality.

Second, I feel down about things I've been needing to work on for years, but instead focused all my energy on self-loathing over my pattern of alcohol abuse. I may be down, but I am more empowered to handle it.

Finally, I believe I can get through this. I didn't always feel that way when I was letting alcohol cloud my judgement.
To use a terrible cliche, this is where the rubber his the road. I am right there with you. You have had a taste of sober life and see the benefits but etc problems are now laid bare in front of you. You stopped drinking because you knew your life was unravelling. Now you are in a position to begin to rebuild the foundations and deal with the issues that have been eating away at you. Its a time to trust in yourself and redouble your efforts. I guarantee you a month from now you will be looking up at a blue sky with many problems resolved, not all, but many. Now compare that to lying in bed riddled with booze and anxiety.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
Last night was particularly difficult for me... I had this debate in my head that I should relax and have just one hot buttered rum last night while wrapping Christmas presents... I would head to the kitchen to make one then stop myself .... It was also just a lonely night.... I recently broke up with my boyfriend (who also has a problem with alcohol and was an enabler ) But I made it through and I'm glad because I feel great this morning. I think in those difficult times I just need to focus on that I will feel much better in the morning if I don't give in .... Plus it's game day! GO HAWKS!

13 days!!
Well done on your 13 days. We quit at almost exactly the same time.
One hot buttered rum at xmas - sounds so inviting doesn't it? All innocent and homely. Well, thats your AV.
There is no such thing for an alcoholic. Maybe there is 10 rums, maybe a bottle of rum, maybe one rum and a couple of bottles of wine. Anxiety, regrets, insomnia, bingeing on junk food etc. But definitely not one rum. Well done on your resilience. Play the tape forward when you feel those cravings!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I'm at the end of day two.
I've had three balanced meals. Went for a long walk. Took my vitamins.
And now I'm hungry, anxious, and super sleepy. I know when I go to bed, I won't be able to sleep most of the night.
And I hate the way I look. My face is so bloated.

I'm just venting!!
At least I have this forum and I am sober!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Para View Post
I'm at the end of day two.
I've had three balanced meals. Went for a long walk. Took my vitamins.
And now I'm hungry, anxious, and super sleepy. I know when I go to bed, I won't be able to sleep most of the night.
And I hate the way I look. My face is so bloated.

I'm just venting!!
At least I have this forum and I am sober!!!
hi Para, welcome to the group. Two weeks ago you would not believe my bloated stomach. I looked in the mirror and could hardly believe it was me. My eyebags down to my knees and the dark circles of hell around my eyes. Two weeks later and the bloat is virtually all gone and eyes looks 10 years younger. You are doing all the right things. We all struggle with insomnia for a little bit when we quit because in addition to getting the alcohol out of our system we need to regain our sleeping pattern. Just keep working through it and you will be feeling great soon. Don't drink!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day 14 today. Feel GREAT. Seriously, after all that sleep and decent food I feel 100%. My first time in a loooooooooooooong time. I will celebrate by not drinking.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Day 14 today. Feel GREAT. Seriously, after all that sleep and decent food I feel 100%. My first time in a loooooooooooooong time. I will celebrate by not drinking.

I hear you! Congrats on day 14!!! Tomorrow will be 2 weeks for me and it is pretty awesome feeling this good. I am getting so much more sleep too and eating healthier and overall my body is feeling better. Love this feeling!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard para and welcome back Chick Chick

I think you need a plan CC - do you have any ideas on what you might do differently?

congrats Ubn - 14 days is great...congrats to you too Leasha for tomorrow