Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-11-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hello December,

Checking in to say hello. Yes. I had a small setback, so Im currently working on day four today. I just chose to drink a few, and it was only a few, but one is too many and 100 not enough. Im glad I still have the desire to stop, and Im still here.

On a more positive note, the rest of the week has been fairly ok, considering. My dogs fisrt acl surgery went smoothly, and shes at home now with me. Its going to be a long two month recovery period . Then, surgery for the other knee as well.

Glad everyone is hanging in there. Congratulations to everyone on your sober days. Lets make today another one.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Relapsed on cigarettes but I'm still aober. Finally got some sleep. Went to a local bar to watch the game and some females, only drank water and red Bull. Bartender kept telling me how tired I look.

The desire to drink is completely gone, it's not even a though which is good.

I'm still trying to figure out how to control these cigarette cravings.. ugh
Old 12-11-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hello December,

Checking in to say hello. Yes. I had a small setback, so Im currently working on day four today. I just chose to drink a few, and it was only a few, but one is too many and 100 not enough. Im glad I still have the desire to stop, and Im still here.

On a more positive note, the rest of the week has been fairly ok, considering. My dogs fisrt acl surgery went smoothly, and shes at home now with me. Its going to be a long two month recovery period . Then, surgery for the other knee as well.

Glad everyone is hanging in there. Congratulations to everyone on your sober days. Lets make today another one.
I kid you not, I was just going to post a message, has anyone heard from maximus lately? I was wrapping up my readings on pg. 4 and you popped into my head.

Then at the top of pg.5, there you are!

Glad you posted and glad you are back.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

A lot of posts yesterday evening. That's always a good sign!

Assembling day (10) today. My wife was invited to a Christmas party. So, I get to play DD. That's my out...

A few more friends from her work are attending too, which I have partied with in the past. I don't have any concerns though. I'm very good at going to parties and not drinking. It's my free time and hobbies at home that I mix with alcohol.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning, class!

Maximus - good to see you! I'm back on Day 4 as well.

I woke up this morning in a great mood. I have a million things going on and my to-do list is a mile long but I just feel really good, like everything will work out and it will all get done somehow. Never ever have I woke up feeling like this after drinking!
Old 12-11-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abraxas69 View Post
Good morning everyone! :-)

Day 20 for me, had my very first dream in which I had something to drink last night. Woke up mortified! Took what seemed like forever to accept it was just a dream... would rather just stick to the really weird ones in future
I am so glad you posted this! I am starting day 6 and although I feel asleep ok - I dreamed I drank with my husband and missed an important flight and almost forgot that we were looking after two kids! (I am not sure where my kids were but such is dreams lol). Having the same 'dream hangover' too - it took me a bit to realize it wasn't true, but left a dark cloud with me today. Instead of trying to push the dark cloud away (my usual) I am going to try embracing it and allowing some self-compassion. Yayyy new age books lol!!
Old 12-11-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
I did a marathon once, hurt like hell so would never do one again. about 5 years ago I ran a 10 mile race in 58.35. I managed about a year sober and went mad into exercise, was running 60-70 miles a week at one point with 2 speed sessions each week thrown in. I remember 6 mile reps at 10k pace like it was yesterday
Awesome! That's a great time for a 10 mile race!! I've been doing half marathons and marathons since for the last 8 years but over the last 2 years my training suffered due to my drinking. I'm so excited to get back into a good routine of training
Old 12-11-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Good morning everyone,

Relapsed on cigarettes but I'm still aober. Finally got some sleep. Went to a local bar to watch the game and some females, only drank water and red Bull. Bartender kept telling me how tired I look.

The desire to drink is completely gone, it's not even a though which is good.

I'm still trying to figure out how to control these cigarette cravings.. ugh
Have you ever tried chantix or something similar to that?? I'm not a smoker but my mom had been smoking for over 40 years and started chantix awhile back which really helped her. Only thing she said she didn't like about it was it did give her a little insomnia and nightmares but it helped to take away the desire to smoke.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a good day #Sober friday's
Old 12-11-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

@Leasha I signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon next year and I have not ran in probably 10 years. I'd love advice!!
I spent the past 2 years drinking my way to an extra 25lbs and am looking forward to dropping that weight. I am hoping I can shift my focus from drinking to exercise.
Its Friday! I am looking forward to my weekend with my son. We are going to make some muffins tomorrow & homemade pizza for dinner, go through his clothes & do some shopping. Normally I hate shopping on the weekend bc I was always in a hurry to get home to drink, now we can just walk around.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
Have you ever tried chantix or something similar to that?? I'm not a smoker but my mom had been smoking for over 40 years and started chantix awhile back which really helped her. Only thing she said she didn't like about it was it did give her a little insomnia and nightmares but it helped to take away the desire to smoke.
I second that, I quit smoking on champix 5 years ago now. Didnt really have any side affects.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in a little late today. I started work today at 3am plowing snow. So nice to wake up that early feeling great.

FF a new start is better than no start.
GF never quit quitting. You quit the booze I have faith you can quit the smokes too. (thats my next step in a couple months)
Betty welcome to the class!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Evening everyone
An honor to have you as a friend.

I did a double take on the home page......hey.....that's SW.

Thanks for sharing your story, it's truly inspirational!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post

I will look into it thanks.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
@Leasha I signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon next year and I have not ran in probably 10 years. I'd love advice!!
I spent the past 2 years drinking my way to an extra 25lbs and am looking forward to dropping that weight. I am hoping I can shift my focus from drinking to exercise.
Its Friday! I am looking forward to my weekend with my son. We are going to make some muffins tomorrow & homemade pizza for dinner, go through his clothes & do some shopping. Normally I hate shopping on the weekend bc I was always in a hurry to get home to drink, now we can just walk around.
Best advice is to find a training plan and stick with it. I have trained for many races running just 3 days a week and done well. Sometimes trying to get in 4-5 runs a week can be daunting when just getting back into training. most importantly listen to your body and don't push yourself through pain ( I'm a physical therapist assistant and see quite a few overuse injuries when people initially get back into running or any other form of exercise). Training is a great way to not want to turn to alcohol either because it is no fun running with a hangover! Good luck!!! Chicago is a race that is on my bucket list !
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Nothing terribly positive to say.
I'm planning a relapse tonight. I've been off the tater tots covered in cheese, for too long, and I'm gonna overdo it tonight. I'll be going to my parttime job in the morning with a bellyache!
Old 12-11-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I will look into it thanks.
If you decide to try it I would like to hear what you think.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys

Can I ask you all to remember: sharing your own experience with meds is fine, but please: no second hand experience & no recommendations for others, as that breaks our medical advice rule:

Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals.
thanks

Dee
SR
Old 12-11-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Nothing terribly positive to say.
I'm planning a relapse tonight. I've been off the tater tots covered in cheese, for too long, and I'm gonna overdo it tonight. I'll be going to my parttime job in the morning with a bellyache!
Try tater tot casserole...yum