Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-25-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Johnny

No master how big the glass is I'm glad I have absolutely no desire to go back to the madness.

welcome to you too rahrah

D
Old 12-25-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

Just found this thread...hoping I've had my last 'day one' (13 days ago)....I don't think I can survive another...it would kill what's left of me. So here's to Dec 2015 being MY CLASS!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Finishing day 19. Christmas Eve came with some temptations but I remembered how far I have come. It was wonderful walking up clear headed for Christmas morning with the kids and inlaws. First time in many years. Merry Christmas all
Old 12-25-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Checking in on Boxing Day. So that was Christmas - sober! I did end up drinking quite a lot of cranberry lime & sodas, but that's far better than the alternative. My sister commented that she drank a lot less too, because I wasn't drinking, and she was happy about that. We had one of the best Christmases of recent times, just the family around the table with good food and conversation. I feel grateful.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Day 6 - Quick check in for me also, as my girl is here. I also had such an amazing Christmas and remained sober, in fact it was far less a struggle than I'd anticipated, I just stayed resolute to the fact I cannot and do not want to drink no matter what and my mind didn't sway. Last year I spent Christmas day alone, drunk, walking the streets of Manchester; yesterday I spent it surrounded by 14 family members which was just amazing.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SleepyDots View Post
Good to see you, Applekat. I myself am back on Day 3. I have had that surge of energy when drinking but for me it only lasts an hour or so then I totally crash and lose all motivation and completing the smallest task becomes like trying to scale Mt Everest. Then I don't sleep well that night and am exhausted and irritable all the next day. It's definitely a steep price to pay for a fleeting burst of energy. Even now at just Day 3 I feel so much more motivated to do what I need to do, yesterday I was checking off items on my To-do list like crazy. And drinking really scrambles my brain so I feel like I'm mostly just running around like a chicken with my head cut off, when sober I feel much more calm and capable.

This is exactly what happens to me
Xo
I'm from dec group last year, I haven't been sober all year- but I'm doing well now.
Just wanted to say hi
Old 12-26-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Same for me too only takes me longer (now) to recover from each bout. I'm on day 5 which I love but find I am depressed and ruminate too much on the wreckage. Have to start building a life that is worth ruminating on.��
Old 12-26-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Day 6 - Quick check in for me also, as my girl is here. I also had such an amazing Christmas and remained sober, in fact it was far less a struggle than I'd anticipated, I just stayed resolute to the fact I cannot and do not want to drink no matter what and my mind didn't sway. Last year I spent Christmas day alone, drunk, walking the streets of Manchester; yesterday I spent it surrounded by 14 family members which was just amazing.
That's awesome Brach, well done. Last year was my first Xmas off the booze and I had similar feelings.

I messed it up though. Once the feel good of the achievement wore off in February I make the mistake of thinking I had it cracked and that I could drink like a normal person. Cue 10 months of drinking ending in a two day black out bender before pulling the plug in it and giving it up for good this time. I hope you can learn from my mistake and stay sober for good.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
This is exactly what happens to me Xo I'm from dec group last year, I haven't been sober all year- but I'm doing well now. Just wanted to say hi
I remember you from last year JS, nice to see you here and still posting. Let's both do it for good this time, please God.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
nmd

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-26-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm back and going pretty good. Day 6. It's been a while since I've gotten to day 6. I'm happy I'm stringing days together, to me it gets so very much easier after a week is under my belt.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Day 2 Here...Feeling Optimistic This Morning

Hello All, I'm on Day 2, even though I didn't sleep well last night and am tired today, it was such a relief to wake up and not be hungover. Going to hit the gym this morning for a bit, but also be patient and easy with myself and give my body the rest it needs.

Like others on here this is far from my first "Day 1", but rather than getting beat down by it, I commit to get back up and keep fighting. I read a great quote this morning that one can look at what they might see as "failure" really as "feedback". Every time we slip and fall, we can learn from what happened and get better each time. I feel as long as there is the will to succeed, the sober warrior inside me will prevail.

Keep it up everyone, we will overcome this!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Stopping in to give y'all a rousing cheer for what everyone of you is doing.

SunnyD I love the feedback as opposed to failure. I'm going to chew this over today.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hi December quitters. I am joining you. Today is my day one. I will be catching up on all the posts in this thread.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone had a nice boxing day
Old 12-26-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Day 1. Again.
I saw a counselor last week and start group therapy and education classes next week for addiction. I see the pdoc on Tuesday and will probably start Antabuse.
I miss my old self, feeling happy and I HATE addiction!!!! (Put ya hands up in a hear me!)
Anyways, feeling down today and can't wait to fix all this addiction business.
Hugs to all and let us all get free of this bullsh!t!!!! :*
Old 12-26-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Day 11 complete and the difficult parts of xmas are now complete for me. 11.30pm here so off to bed....have a good day/night everyone.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Going to bed sober - a good feeling. I know that waking up tomorrow without a hangover will be a GREAT feeling.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bluejay, Sunny Denver and welcome back Kelly

D
Old 12-26-2015, 11:42 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

7 days sober today and feeling good. Went out for dinner with friends last night they were of course expecting me to drink so I said I was on antibiotics and left after dinner when they moved to a bar, I felt great about that though, I didn't feel I was missing out. Feeling good!