Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-22-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrcarlson View Post
15 days sober. This is kinda a long thread but thought I'd post just to check it out.

Dec 8 was my last drunk so that makes me class of Dec 2015.
Welcome to the class!
Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hi all: finishing day 16. Have been feeling a bit down. Had candy tonight to treat myself - I suppose it's better than drinking but feel icky now. Will need to give that a ponder tomorrow. Night all.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep moving forward Jenses- Hope tomorrow is a better day

D
Old 12-22-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Can't believe I haven't had a drink in 24 days now - and previously not drinking for a whole week was an impossible task!

A huge thanks to you all here X
Old 12-22-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

This is day 2 for me in the class of December 2015. Don't want to be at the bottom of the class so am determined to kick on. The simple act of using this site reinforces my resolve and keeps me focussed. Just can't do it anymore. I feel like I'm under the rock, not rock bottom. Have a happy sober Christmas everyone.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Steely - it's not that kind of class - there are no dunces here

D
Old 12-23-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hello All

Newcomer here, I've managed to stay sober for a little over a day now. I want this to stick, because I'm worried about the effects of alcohol on my body. Stomach issues. This will be my 2nd attempt at quitting.

Plus I'm really just sick of the person alcohol has made me. Reading some of the posts on here gives me some comfort, because I was starting to wonder if I'll be OK again mentally because I'm not the person I used to be. It's just a crazy vicious cycle, and its ruining me.

Best wishes to all of you guys during the holidays.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Colby

D
Old 12-23-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm on day 3 and still not feeling too well after the last binge. I came on here for a while around a year ago and for a short while I did ok and got back into work. Since then I lost that job, my driving license, suffered a partially collapsed lung after swallowing my vomit unconscious, lost a place of my own and very nearly my girlfriend and family.

The blackouts I've been experiencing have just got worse and worse and I often have little idea of what I'd been doing for the previous few days once I sober up. It's beyond scary now and I don't think I'd have many years left if I did continue to drink. As well as the lung (which thankfully seems to have healed, I've got really bad stomach issues from alcohol abuse and I've woken up beaten black and blue on a few occasions now, having no idea how it happened.

Anyway coming in hear and writing daily, is part of my plan of recovery, I need to keep sobriety as my priority at all times now and I think this will help. I'm sick to the core of my being about whats been happening and need to change for good before it's too late.

I've enjoyed reading the success stories in here, wishing you all a Happy Sober Christmas!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a sober peaceful evening everyone
Old 12-23-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

Day 12, and I guess this is the day when everyone around me starts getting on my nerves.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Brach

Have you thought of a gratitude list MyShadow? Think about the things and people you're grateful for...it'll really help with that irritability.

D
Old 12-23-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Welcome, Brach, Colby and Steely.

It's a new day, it's Christmas Eve and Day 11. Another day, another airport ... this time onto Melbourne and family.

Yesterday was one of the happiest and saddest days I've had in a long time, and I am grateful I experienced the ups and the downs sober. Saying goodbye to someone you love is hard and that's what I had to do yesterday. I knew he would understand though, and that he would be supportive and encouraging. Sad it may have been but it reinforced my belief that this is the right thing to do.

We normally drink when we spend time with each other, so it was a positive change not to do that this time. When he left, I got into bed early and slept like a baby.

My BUMOSI for today. We can only move one way and that is forward. Sometimes we have to stop and survey our surroundings before we choose a path, but the standing still is temporary ... before too long, we need to move on again. And whilst it may seem that others are coming with you on the journey, in fact everyone must walk down their path alone. So choose the path that is right for you.

Merry Christmas everyone. x
Old 12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Love your BUMOSI. I stopped and surveyed my surroundings today too. Realized that my strongest urges to drink are when I am looking to sooth myself with external crutches - and that is when I should be turning inward. Problem is, I don't even know that things are starting to build up. Trying to figure out how to stay in tune with myself. Meditation is one way, but any good reads or suggestions are welcome.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 24. All going well. Welcome to the new folks to the group. No drinking today and early to bed....don't let Santa find you all passed out on the couch on front of the TV!
Old 12-24-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Do your best

Merry christmas eve to D & the class of December 2015
Old 12-24-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you all whereever you are on your sobriety journey. You can get through the next few days. I was in the same position as you 3 years ago and had 16 days sober on Xmas Eve 2012. I got through sober and so will you.

Have a plan, an escape route,saying NO is good and eat whatever you want Merry Christmas to you all.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys.

Day 4 for me and I'm planning a really relaxed, safe Christmas eve. I've done some cleaning around the house and helping out my folks. I'm back at there's until the start of next year so just want to be supportive and no longer burden. Anyway my girlfriend will be over later, she rarely drinks and won't around me as she knows I really want to stop and she's amazingly supportive.

I'm trying to focus on making my families Christmas a good one anyway, once I start thinking about my self too much I often get into negative thoughts and feelings about whats been happening and that's never a good place to be.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve guys, keep yourself safe and do the right thing. Wishing you all nothing but happiness.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Have a good xmas everyone...stay strong and resolute....day 9 for me and feel good about the upcoming festivities.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends