Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 2

Old 12-27-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Thanks nmd, It always helps to know im not alone.

I definitely have to reevaluate my plan and come up with ways to ensure that I am successful this time around. Last year I had a tragically bad night and that resolve kept me sober for 6 months. I cant seem to find that resolve again, and I dont want to revisit those circumstances again in order to gain it.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me

Hello,
This is day one for me. My last binge lasted 5 days. The one before that lasted 11. That was the scariest it has ever been for me. I'm so glad that I have found SR. I first joined 3 years ago and it's good to know that it's still here with wonderful support. I definitely need it as I'm feeling quite bad and depressed today. Thank you for being there.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Big 4

for Faithful anf Free and anyone else here struggling with how to make this recovery thing stick...these are 4 of the greatest links you'll ever click

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...SMA12-4474.pdf

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D
Old 12-27-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Welcome F&F and lenches

Those are great links Dee. I have read those often.

End of day 7. I made it through dinner with my Dad. I had some pretty intense cravings, on the way to dinner we hit a deer. Glad hubbub was driving. Looks like some major repairs will habe to be done to my car. But all of us are safe and sound. Dinner was nice and just the right length of time to be around my father.
Kinda proud that I didn't ask to stop for beer on the way home.

Goodnight, I'll be seeing you all tomorrow!
Old 12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
I have been a pathological relapser. I dont know what to do. I feel helpless. I have joined plenty of classes here on SR. Im hoping and praying that this is my last join. Im feeling pretty helpless and worthless right now. The only thing that I know is that I will not stop attempting to rid myself of this disease. Joining you guys in this journey.
Feel free to part of TWO classes! We miss having you in November! And don't forget...you haven't failed if you're still trying! :-)
Old 12-28-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just want to wish everyone a good start to the week & have a sober peaceful day
Old 12-28-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Welcome to everyone new posting here!

It's the end of Day 15 for me. I've had a good break, been eating heartily and running regularly. I still have moments when I feel utterly exhausted and have to nap for an hour or two.

I travel back to Asia tomorrow and return to work on Wednesday. I've slowly been rediscovering the hobbies I previously enjoyed and made baby steps on my new projects - I am channeling my obsessive nature into organising the minutiae of my life, something I didn't have the patience for when drinking.

It's still the holiday season for many ... I hope everyone says strong and on track.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

can I join the class please....

Today is my day 1, and I have a plan in place. I dont ever look for a drink during the day. For me its around 8pm and so today, I am planning to post on here instead of pouring the wine. Will anyone be around to chat to??
Old 12-28-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Thanks for those links Dee, I'm going to have good read through later today.

Faithfulandfree I've relapsed many times also. What was working so well for you during your 6 months sober and what has been you weaknesses more recently? I've found maintaining motivation and losing focus on why sobriety is so important to me have been key weakness of mine, hence why I want to post here every day and AA meetings have helped me keep focused in the past and also had great support there. I've made many more changes also, it's just about finding what works best for each of us. There's a goldmine of information right on this site you can look into. Wishing you all the best!

I'm only on day 7 myself today but really feeling positive about my plan moving forward. It's a daily thing though, just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other and I'll get there. Woke up feeling kinda blue today but picking up and looking forward to eating a nice pizza and watching a good movie! :-)

Have an excellent sober day friends, welcome to all the newcomers, I'm looking forward to reading more posts!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Feeling pretty average but grateful to be here. Thanks for the links Dee. Stay strong everyone xxx
Old 12-28-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I'm back here ready to try again. Last time was April 2013. Since then I've been slowly falling back into this problem. It finally came to ahead when my wife said she was done. I've heard that before but I believe it this time. I've known I've been lying to myself and a lot to her and my children. Now I start again however I know I have to quit not just moderate. Step one admit that to myself now I have to believe it.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hello everyone just checking in gotta go to work and not feeling it at all. On day 3 after a binge but imma tough it out. Should be a slow short week anyway. Wish me luck. And everyone have an amazing day!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Joining the class of december. Day 4 and feeling hopeful about this time.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 8. I hope you all have a fantastic day. I'm going to have fun with my kids today and try to keep the peace. 14, 12, 9 and 7 year olds cooped in a house on a rainy day can be a bit chaotic. Lol. I think we will go to the library and do some grocery shopping also. I will be staying away from the alcohol aisle.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hi all can I join this class please?

I was going to wait until January but after drinking way too much last night and feeling absolutely dreadful I have to start day one today.

I have been in other classes this year but this time I would like to join and stick with this one....

I think my health is going to be affected if I carry, that's if it isn't already. I have been crying on and off all day. I detest alcohol and what its done to me and I know how great it feels to maintain sobriety.

I am starting my journal again as that has worked well in the past. Dug out some recovery books again, writing a list of tools for my toolbox and what I am going to do differently this time. I am working on that last one.

Good to see a few familiar peeps from previous classes

I am just going into the witching hour so I might be here a while.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

I'd like to join up too. Day 1 for me.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hello again!
I'm back from the November class and on day two again after a relapse following almost 7 weeks of success. My relapse wasn't terrible. I didn't get drunk, but I drank nonetheless. I broke my promise to myself and that is the worst feeling I have ever felt.
I'm ready to try again- need to adjust my plan. I'll be seeing my addiction counselor on January 12th to work on the plan. I just didn't ask for help. I thought I had it on my own. Even though I was sober, I wasn't happy. I realize that I need to make so many changes in my life and my health issue makes some of these very hard to achieve. But I have to do it , drinking or not I'm not happy with my life. And drinking certainly doesn't make it better!
So here I go again! Good luck to everyone in this class.
Lesson 1- ASK FOR HELP
Old 12-28-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Day 13 today...not struggling or worrying currently. Just enjoying the time with my family...sometimes due to work I feel I barely see my son.....spending all day tomorrow doing my tax return
Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
This is a critical area for me, how to handle friends that were Either just drinking buddies or good friends, that drink like normal people. Here is my simple way of looking at it that has worked for me so far. If I have. A friend that I have only seen when drinking (ie we don't do non drinking things together also) then they are a drinking buddy irrespective of how close I used to think we were. They need to go, if not permanently, at least for a while. They will gravitate to other drinkers soon enough. I have told them I am "off the beer" and busy. We chat on social media. Friends that are "normal drinkers" I continue to see but mostly doing non drinking things together (I bring the family along). I think we get a little paranoid as alcoholics and think "my god, what will they think if I say I am not drinking?" Will they know I am an alcoholic, the shame!! Actually, they don't mind, don't care. The alcoholism is in our heads and not theirs. I simply told them I want to get a bit fitter, lose some weight and that I am trying to eat clean and have dropped the booze. That's it, no further issue from them. What I absolutely certainly will not do is meet a drinker to catch up in a bar/pub. In my opinion in this early stage of recovery that is the same as taking the first sip. That's how the AV works...."hey what's the harm in meeting X? It's just catching up, you don't have to drink, you have not seen X in months, come on!" Whatever. Day 28 here and eyeing Friday when I will have a month behind me. Yeah!

This is great advice, thank you so very much
Old 12-28-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thanks for the links Dee-I've bookmarked the pages. I'm having a very anxious day today. I so scared that everyone knows about my problems with alcoholism and that they'll have written me off as destined for the trash heap. It just invades my thoughts and I can go from feeling ok to feeling like a quivering wreck in minutes.